Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 347
Exclamation September 2011 Camaro Sales and Production Figures


Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE.



September 2011 Delivery (sales) Stats:


Camaro September 2011 Deliveries (actual sales): 6,994
Total Deliveries in 2011: 70,249

September 2011 Production Stats:

Camaro Produced in September 2011: 9,679
2012 Model Year Produced Through September 2011: 24,931

Compared to Competition:

Mustang sold 5,054 units in September 2011
Challenger sold 3,328 units in September 2011
Attached Images
       

Last edited by Enator; 10-03-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Crossing fingers...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,867
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Mustang: 5,054 units sold
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Mustang: 5,054 units sold
NICE!!!
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
thePill
Account Suspended
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kaiserslauthern, Germany
Posts: 1,268
At this rate, the pony car will be dead in another year. Regardless of the numbers, the sales are stale... 6,900, 5000 and 3300? At least the Camaro incentives helped sustain sales for September, however, the long cold winter is approaching... There needs to be a change in the pony car lineup ASAP... The Camaro leading with 6,900 sales is awful... that is about 45% of where it should be. The muscle cars are dead, time to shed the dead skin and become something else...

Edit: And 47,000 Camaro's left unsold to date.. ugg....

Last edited by thePill; 10-03-2011 at 12:52 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 347
ehhe let my GT500 come to Sweden then we can kill pony car
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Aziz
 
Drives: 09 Dodge Durango
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 46
Sweet
Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Tigwelder
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Black with Orange stripes
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Md.
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
At this rate, the pony car will be dead in another year. Regardless of the numbers, the sales are stale... 6,900, 5000 and 3300? At least the Camaro incentives helped sustain sales for September, however, the long cold winter is approaching... There needs to be a change in the pony car lineup ASAP... The Camaro leading with 6,900 sales is awful... that is about 45% of where it should be. The muscle cars are dead, time to shed the dead skin and become something else...
I think 70 thousand Camaros sold this year is impressive....they are not Pintos you know. I think your perception of stale sales is way off,especially with the economy the way it is.
Tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
thePill
Account Suspended
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kaiserslauthern, Germany
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
ehhe let my GT500 come to Sweden then we can kill pony car
The Mustang won't ever "die" but it will definitely have to drop the muscle car label and evolve into something else . The Camaro still has another 5-6 years in this models life and sales are not going to get any better from this point on... They have played all their high sales cards, the only thing left is a Z28 and it will be limited just as the ZL1 is. Everyone is buying V6 Camaros and it is hard to get a V6 Mustang... I smell Ecoboost 4s in... about 31 months...

Quote:
I think 70 thousand Camaros sold this year is impressive....they are not Pintos you know. I think your perception of stale sales is way off,especially with the economy the way it is.
I know it looks good but the economy doesn't care how much you spent to develop the car nor the fact that you overproduce it on a monthly basis. Did you know that as of right now, the 4th Gen Camaro is outselling the 5th Gen at the same point in its lifespan? This is even after a slow 1993 because the Camaro was a mid year release (and this is not counting the Firebird), 282,533 were sold at this point, 69,517 more than the 5th Gen.

Quote:
lets not forget how ford sold quite a few mustangs some months back,HEAVY incentives to get them off the lots,
Ford has to offer incentives, nobody is buying the car. Incentives have to happen when the car quits moving, Ford started offering incentives in 2008 on the Mustang sometime during the 5th model year. Chevrolet is doing the same now because nobody is buying the car however, it is only 2.5 model years... Ford still offers a $1500 dollar factory incentive, same as the current GM incentive for the Camaro.

Last edited by thePill; 10-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
LAWMAN

 
LAWMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasc.Ms.
Posts: 782
lets not forget how ford sold quite a few mustangs some months back,HEAVY incentives to get them off the lots,
__________________
A9120159
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
chain777
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Metro Chicago,Illinois
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
The Mustang won't ever "die" but it will definitely have to drop the muscle car label and evolve into something else . The Camaro still has another 5-6 years in this models life and sales are not going to get any better from this point on... They have played all their high sales cards, the only thing left is a Z28 and it will be limited just as the ZL1 is. Everyone is buying V6 Camaros and it is hard to get a V6 Mustang... I smell Ecoboost 4s in... about 31 months...

I know it looks good but the economy doesn't care how much you spent to develop the car nor the fact that you overproduce it on a monthly basis. Did you know that as of right now, the 4th Gen Camaro is outselling the 5th Gen at the same point in its lifespan? This is even after a slow 1993 because the Camaro was a mid year release (and this is not counting the Firebird), 282,533 were sold at this point, 69,517 more than the 5th Gen.

Ford has to offer incentives, nobody is buying the car. Incentives have to happen when the car quits moving, Ford started offering incentives in 2008 on the Mustang sometime during the 5th model year. Chevrolet is doing the same now because nobody is buying the car however, it is only 2.5 model years...
I get what you're saying about the cars evolving, and they are. But regarding the current sales vs past models, don't you think the current economy, plus the fact that the current market is much more fragmented than in the past, play a role in overall sales being down from the previous model years?
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
cab2g
love. my. car.
 
cab2g's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
At this rate, the pony car will be dead in another year. Regardless of the numbers, the sales are stale... 6,900, 5000 and 3300? At least the Camaro incentives helped sustain sales for September, however, the long cold winter is approaching... There needs to be a change in the pony car lineup ASAP... The Camaro leading with 6,900 sales is awful... that is about 45% of where it should be. The muscle cars are dead, time to shed the dead skin and become something else...

Edit: And 47,000 Camaro's left unsold to date.. ugg....
You are such a Negative Nancy... Here are Toyota's sales for September...
The Camry and Camry Hybrid led passenger cars with combined monthly sales of 24,851 units. Corolla recorded sales of 16,147 units, and the Prius mid-size gas-electric hybrid reported sales of 9,325 units.

so the 'best selling' car in America is selling only 3x that of the "stale" Camaro... get real dude... The Camaro is hot, it's a niche market car because it's a coupe and comes with big engines, but the most practical of practical sedans in many people's minds only sold 25k units... The super "wave of the future" Prius didn't even crack 10k....
__________________
cab2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
98_Camaro
The Purple People Eater
 
98_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Bright Purple Metallic V6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
The Mustang won't ever "die" but it will definitely have to drop the muscle car label and evolve into something else . The Camaro still has another 5-6 years in this models life and sales are not going to get any better from this point on... They have played all their high sales cards, the only thing left is a Z28 and it will be limited just as the ZL1 is. Everyone is buying V6 Camaros and it is hard to get a V6 Mustang... I smell Ecoboost 4s in... about 31 months...

I know it looks good but the economy doesn't care how much you spent to develop the car nor the fact that you overproduce it on a monthly basis. Did you know that as of right now, the 4th Gen Camaro is outselling the 5th Gen at the same point in its lifespan? This is even after a slow 1993 because the Camaro was a mid year release (and this is not counting the Firebird), 282,533 were sold at this point, 69,517 more than the 5th Gen.

Ford has to offer incentives, nobody is buying the car. Incentives have to happen when the car quits moving, Ford started offering incentives in 2008 on the Mustang sometime during the 5th model year. Chevrolet is doing the same now because nobody is buying the car however, it is only 2.5 model years... Ford still offers a $1500 dollar factory incentive, same as the current GM incentive for the Camaro.
I won't deny the possibility of an Ecoboost 4 Mustang. Considering it's going global Gen 6, it wouldn't be too hard to tweak the engine to meet US emission standards. Camaro will probably go turbo'd I4 route too (and hopefully it won't be in the same vain as the Iron Duke... )

But what we're forgetting is that back in early 90's, gas cost a fraction of what it does today, and in this market, fuel efficiency plays a large part in the consumer's decision on an automobile. To your average driver, if it can get 35+ mpg highway and gets you from Point A to Point B while still being under so much money, it'll do just fine. While the 2LS is rated at 30mpg, it's just one (lower-end) trim. If you want luxury conveniences, you'll have to spend more money, and get into higher pricing brackets. Once you start reaching those figures, it makes more sense to get a more fuel efficient car with the same options or more for the same price or less.

While we can see that the 4th gen produced more in the same time, they were competing in a different market.
__________________
1998 Bright Purple Metallic Camaro: 1 of 336
TEAM L99
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #14
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,842
On top as usual
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #15
thePill
Account Suspended
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kaiserslauthern, Germany
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
You are such a Negative Nancy... Here are Toyota's sales for September...
The Camry and Camry Hybrid led passenger cars with combined monthly sales of 24,851 units. Corolla recorded sales of 16,147 units, and the Prius mid-size gas-electric hybrid reported sales of 9,325 units.

so the 'best selling' car in America is selling less than 3x that of the "stale" Camaro... get real dude... The Camaro is hot, it's a niche market car because it's a coupe and comes with big engines, but the most practical of practical sedans in many people's minds only sold 25k units... The super "wave of the future" Prius didn't even crack 10k....
LOL, you do know that Japan suffered a devastating earthquake last spring that nearly destroyed the sales of every Japanese car made. Japan is just now starting to refill their stock.. For reference on great monthly sales, look at GMs entire lineup and you will see that 15,000-21,000 a month is the benchmark for a strong selling car. 7000 a month for a somewhat still new product is alarming.

Not being negative, just being real.. The wall street journal released a article the other day that had the Mustang as #3 in a list of cars that Americans don't drive anymore. They quoted the Mustang as selling 94,000 cars a year. This number of course is from 2008 but if 94,000 is considered bad after 5 model years (and it is), we have to give a realistic look at where the entire pony car market stands right now. Dodge very well may be discontinuing the Challenger in a few years and Ford has to redesign the Mustang soon or they will not make it very long. Do you know why the Camaro didn't make the list? Nobody was buying them in the first place.

All Chevrolet needs to do is sustain sales for 2 more years until Ford can refresh the market and give them something to go off of. If the Camaro fails, so does the Mustang....

Quote:
personally id rather see sales on cars like the camaro low. One thing I love about my G8 (current car, im looking into a new camaro) is the limited production. Hell there are were more camaro's sold in one year then there were G8's in 2.
I agree that there are advantages to owning a rare car, one being your the only one that has one. There are disadvantages as well, as in, the car will no longer be produced and factory support will nearly be non existent. That and the fact that very few aftermarket companies will invest in a car that only a handful of people own. Parts are extremely plentiful on common cars and.. very, very cheap...

Last edited by thePill; 10-03-2011 at 01:30 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
steveo9043

 
steveo9043's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 1,134
personally id rather see sales on cars like the camaro low. One thing I love about my G8 (current car, im looking into a new camaro) is the limited production. Hell there are were more camaro's sold in one year then there were G8's in 2.
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
Blue Bunny
 
Blue Bunny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM RS #8763
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 53
Send a message via AIM to Blue Bunny
I do think Chevy needs to push the affordability of the basic Camaro a little more. I would love to see more commercials!!

I'm in the middle of a divorce and everyone kept saying my Camaro is a luxury car (stupid arguments!) and I finally sent my attorney some information on the Impala and the Malibu pricing to show her that it's comparable in price and mpg with the same options. I see no reason I should be penalized for picking a beautiful, affordable vehicle!!

Having said that, we're already hearing rumors about the possible scarcity of the ZL1's and there are so many special editions of the current Camaro's it isn't even funny (I'd love to see a list - with pics!), plus the anticipation of a possible Z28 -- I'd say the market for Camaro's is far from over. There will always be people willing to pay for a rolling work of art! Not to mention the work Chevy has put in to make this vehicle track worthy - they are well aware of the market there as well.
__________________
BLU BUNY

"Gene Roddenberry once said that the real mission of the Enterprise was to search for intelligent life on the other side of the television set."
William Shatner
Up Till Now
Blue Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #18
shockandawe

 
Drives: 2006 LeMans Blue C6 Vette
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,300
With the terrible sales of the Mustang, I wonder if Ford will discontinue this car.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #19
Blue Bunny
 
Blue Bunny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM RS #8763
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 53
Send a message via AIM to Blue Bunny
Limited production

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
personally id rather see sales on cars like the camaro low. One thing I love about my G8 (current car, im looking into a new camaro) is the limited production. Hell there are were more camaro's sold in one year then there were G8's in 2.
I agree with you, but I think people don't ever want it to disappear again for 8 years!
__________________
BLU BUNY

"Gene Roddenberry once said that the real mission of the Enterprise was to search for intelligent life on the other side of the television set."
William Shatner
Up Till Now
Blue Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
cab2g
love. my. car.
 
cab2g's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
LOL, you do know that Japan suffered a devastating earthquake last spring that nearly destroyed the sales of every Japanese car made. Japan is just now starting to refill their stock.. For reference on great monthly sales, look at GMs entire lineup and you will see that 15,000-21,000 a month is the benchmark for a strong selling car. 7000 a month for a somewhat still new product is alarming.

Not being negative, just being real.. The wall street journal released a article the other day that had the Mustang as #3 in a list of cars that Americans don't drive anymore. They quoted the Mustang as selling 94,000 cars a year. This number of course is from 2008 but if 94,000 is considered bad after 5 model years (and it is), we have to give a realistic look at where the entire pony car market stands right now. Dodge very well may be discontinuing the Challenger in a few years and Ford has to redesign the Mustang soon or they will not make it very long. Do you know why the Camaro didn't make the list? Nobody was buying them in the first place.

All Chevrolet needs to do is sustain sales for 2 more years until Ford can refresh the market and give them something to go off of. If the Camaro fails, so does the Mustang....
Ok, I hear charts work good for people that are bad with grasping the bigger picture... Since the Camaro is not what you'd consider the car that a person is buying for its practical sense, I'd argue that the market with the most cross shopping would be the entry level luxury market as the Camaro is bought for its image and performance and same goes for the luxury brands... There is only one car in all of these brands that sold in higher volume than the Camaro in August...




ok, I was just kidding, that wasn't the best comparison I could come up with.


Strange that the Camaro outsold EVERY car on this chart... The one that probably has the most cross-shopping and is fighting for the same market. It is even more obvious when you compare the Mustang and Challenger to the competition as well... So how dead is the pony car again?
__________________
cab2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #21
Taintedveins
Shark attack!
 
Taintedveins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
LOL, you do know that Japan suffered a devastating earthquake last spring that nearly destroyed the sales of every Japanese car made. Japan is just now starting to refill their stock.. For reference on great monthly sales, look at GMs entire lineup and you will see that 15,000-21,000 a month is the benchmark for a strong selling car. 7000 a month for a somewhat still new product is alarming.

Not being negative, just being real.. The wall street journal released a article the other day that had the Mustang as #3 in a list of cars that Americans don't drive anymore. They quoted the Mustang as selling 94,000 cars a year. This number of course is from 2008 but if 94,000 is considered bad after 5 model years (and it is), we have to give a realistic look at where the entire pony car market stands right now. Dodge very well may be discontinuing the Challenger in a few years and Ford has to redesign the Mustang soon or they will not make it very long. Do you know why the Camaro didn't make the list? Nobody was buying them in the first place.

All Chevrolet needs to do is sustain sales for 2 more years until Ford can refresh the market and give them something to go off of. If the Camaro fails, so does the Mustang....
Your argument of how the Camaro doesn't make the list is just unrealistic. If we aren't on the list of cars that aren't driven any more then we aren't in the same area as the mustang, Do you want to know why the mustang isn't popular anymore? There are way too many of them from any generation out there, I mean come on your going to tell me that because GM had a good idea and is trying to keep the prices competitive with ford that they are failing, the economy is failing, it is bound to happen, but just because you have a ford friendly approach doesn't mean your accurate, it just simply means you kiss the leaders ass more then any one.

Competition built America, and will destroy it, you want everything to be fixed? start manufacturing in the U.S it may be more expensive but it wont have lead in it and it wont be foreign profit.

Just one more thing for you too know, Toyota has plants EVERYWHERE, it isn't like all of they cars come from one place in japan.. they are an international country!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ing_facilities
Just look!
They weren't in as much jeopardy as you thought, they may have had a hit but not like they were going to shut down.
__________________
Taintedveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
truth411

 
Drives: police interceptor
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Austin, tx
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
LOL, you do know that Japan suffered a devastating earthquake last spring that nearly destroyed the sales of every Japanese car made. Japan is just now starting to refill their stock.. For reference on great monthly sales, look at GMs entire lineup and you will see that 15,000-21,000 a month is the benchmark for a strong selling car. 7000 a month for a somewhat still new product is alarming.

Not being negative, just being real.. The wall street journal released a article the other day that had the Mustang as #3 in a list of cars that Americans don't drive anymore. They quoted the Mustang as selling 94,000 cars a year. This number of course is from 2008 but if 94,000 is considered bad after 5 model years (and it is), we have to give a realistic look at where the entire pony car market stands right now. Dodge very well may be discontinuing the Challenger in a few years and Ford has to redesign the Mustang soon or they will not make it very long. Do you know why the Camaro didn't make the list? Nobody was buying them in the first place.

All Chevrolet needs to do is sustain sales for 2 more years until Ford can refresh the market and give them something to go off of. If the Camaro fails, so does the Mustang....

I agree that there are advantages to owning a rare car, one being your the only one that has one. There are disadvantages as well, as in, the car will no longer be produced and factory support will nearly be non existent. That and the fact that very few aftermarket companies will invest in a car that only a handful of people own. Parts are extremely plentiful on common cars and.. very, very cheap...
seriously, don't you have something better to do? its like your stealth trolling, everybody knows you hate the 5th gen camaro and think the mustang is god. But at the end of the day the public think otherwise and they show it with there wallets. Also I am unaware of incentives for the camaro, but there are lots of deals to be had for the mustang at my local ford dealer.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,867
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
personally id rather see sales on cars like the camaro low. One thing I love about my G8 (current car, im looking into a new camaro) is the limited production. Hell there are were more camaro's sold in one year then there were G8's in 2.
More Camaro sales = more profit = more incentive for GM to continue the nameplate.

G8 was sold under the wrong brand at the wrong time, built in the wrong location, and had little to no marketing, and all of those factors lead to its dismal sales figures.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #24
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
More Camaro sales = more profit = more incentive for GM to continue the nameplate.

G8 was sold under the wrong brand at the wrong time, built in the wrong location, and had little to no marketing, and all of those factors lead to its dismal sales figures.

This. If I'd known anything about the G8 I would have gone and snapped one up, but I didn't even hear about them until you couldn't get them anymore. The Camaro is doing absolutely fine. The fact that so many people ARE buying a not-necessarily-practical car in this economy says it all-- the Muscle Car isn't going anywhere. It will never die; it will just continue to evolve.
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
proxemics
 
Drives: 09 shelby GT500
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: saudi Arabia
Posts: 162
370Z sales is a joke
__________________

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 49 09-09-2014 05:46 AM
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 148 09-04-2013 02:28 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.