Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
summitwhitess
 
summitwhitess's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 summit white LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Inland empire CA
Posts: 253
My keys won't open my car ?

I'm having problems with my keys not opening and locking my 2012 camaro . I could be at it for 10 mins pressing the button and nothing. It work when it wants too anyone know what could the problem be ? I though it was the battery and replaced them and same problem .

Last edited by summitwhitess; 06-20-2013 at 04:12 AM.
summitwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
ScottR
 
ScottR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Metallic 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 98
Take if to the dealer! I had one of two key fobs go bad. One of the lock buttons was sticking, they ordered a new key without question, warranty covers it.
__________________
ScottR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitwhitess View Post
I'm having problems with my keys not opening and locking my 2012 camaro . I could be at it for 10 mins pressing the button and nothing. It work when it wants too anyone know what could the problem be ? I though it was the battery and replaced them and same problem .
Hello summitwhitess,

Sorry your experiencing some issues with your keys currently. Have you had the opportunity to speak to your dealer about this? If not, I recommend doing so. I can get involved and contact your dealer on your behalf also. I would need some information from you. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
summitwhitess
 
summitwhitess's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 summit white LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Inland empire CA
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello summitwhitess,

Sorry your experiencing some issues with your keys currently. Have you had the opportunity to speak to your dealer about this? If not, I recommend doing so. I can get involved and contact your dealer on your behalf also. I would need some information from you. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks I just went to my local dealer and both keys worked fine so they couldn't help me. I realize it just happens in my house there must be somthing interfering with signal maybe .
summitwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitwhitess View Post
Thanks I just went to my local dealer and both keys worked fine so they couldn't help me. I realize it just happens in my house there must be somthing interfering with signal maybe .

I see summitwhitess, that's very strange indeed. Well happy to hear that the issue was identified and now you can adjust as needed. Have a great rest of the week!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Rizzo
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitwhitess View Post
I'm having problems with my keys not opening and locking my 2012 camaro . I could be at it for 10 mins pressing the button and nothing. It work when it wants too anyone know what could the problem be ? I though it was the battery and replaced them and same problem .
I had a similar issue after I installed the Scosche kit for my aftermarket headunit.
__________________
=================================================
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.