Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #15
trademaster
 
Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Working
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Turbo is coming. New car intro's start basic and save the best for later. Camaro 1LE/ZL1/Z28 for example.
Last I heard the BRZ STi was coming without a turbo. Not sure where a turbo model would fit in the lineup there. I haven't been keeping tabs on it though, so maybe that has changed. It would be one awesome little car with a turbo subaru motor in it.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Last I heard the BRZ STi was coming without a turbo. Not sure where a turbo model would fit in the lineup there. I haven't been keeping tabs on it though, so maybe that has changed. It would be one awesome little car with a turbo subaru motor in it.
From what I have seen the FA20 (the little guy in the BRZ) is handling boost a lot better than the EJ motors in the WRX even from a NA standpoint - a few shop cars pushing 500's...granted they don't have as much torque - it will fun to see what the next few years bring for cars
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #17
05stram

 
Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Last I heard the BRZ STi was coming without a turbo. Not sure where a turbo model would fit in the lineup there. I haven't been keeping tabs on it though, so maybe that has changed. It would be one awesome little car with a turbo subaru motor in it.

BRZ will get a turbo but what about the FRS does that mean toyota will put their engine into the car soon and supercharge it?
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #18
rez333

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Joseph
Posts: 1,283
wow - only $9100 more! That's a bargain! I take it includes engine?
__________________
If someone from the 1950s magically appeared, what would be the most difficult thing to explain?

"I have a device in my pocket that can access the entirety of knowledge known to man.
I use it to look at pictures of cars and have arguments with strangers."
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #19
NASTY99Z28

 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
BRZ will get a turbo but what about the FRS does that mean toyota will put their engine into the car soon and supercharge it?
No Toyota will never put there engine in this chassis.(stock) Now what would be cool is a 2jz supra engine with a power glide....
__________________
I like my woman like my milk shakes, THICK!!!!
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #20
jameslk55

 
jameslk55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Here is a much better and more in-depth article

http://www.lsxtv.com/features/car-fe...-subaru-brz06/
"Like it or not, cars like the 5th generation Chevrolet Camaro are on the outs. With gas prices what they are, along with increasing fuel economy standards and a push towards smaller and lighter vehicles, the Camaro’s two-ton curb weight will be woefully out of place on roads of the future. We need to think smarter, we need to think smaller, and we need to think lighter."

Ouch!
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #21
BigRedMikeLV
 
Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
"Like it or not, cars like the 5th generation Chevrolet Camaro are on the outs. With gas prices what they are, along with increasing fuel economy standards and a push towards smaller and lighter vehicles, the Camaro’s two-ton curb weight will be woefully out of place on roads of the future. We need to think smarter, we need to think smaller, and we need to think lighter."

Ouch!
Meh, typical doomsayers.

Performance cars, trucks, and SUV's will always have a market, no matter the cost. There might be fluctuations in demand, but we see that across all the markets. There will always be people that will be willing to sacrifice a few extra bucks at the pump for the added performance.
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
Silverlsinva


 
Silverlsinva's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 3,124
Pretty cool not a bad deal for 9100 bucks on top of a brz and I bet you can recoup some of it when you sell of the Brz motor to some tuner shop. I say its worth it.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
Truck Norris
Thread Mover
 
Truck Norris's Avatar
 
Drives: a Monte Carlo
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sierra Nevada
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
From what I have seen the FA20 (the little guy in the BRZ) is handling boost a lot better than the EJ motors in the WRX even from a NA standpoint - a few shop cars pushing 500's...granted they don't have as much torque - it will fun to see what the next few years bring for cars
The Crawford BRZ made more torque then horsepower. 500hp/550tq

__________________
In the market for something fast
Truck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
"Like it or not, cars like the 5th generation Chevrolet Camaro are on the outs. With gas prices what they are, along with increasing fuel economy standards and a push towards smaller and lighter vehicles, the Camaro’s two-ton curb weight will be woefully out of place on roads of the future. We need to think smarter, we need to think smaller, and we need to think lighter."

Ouch!
This statement shouldn't worry anyone.

This is why the next gen Camaro will be out on the Alpha chasis...which is much lighter.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
The Crawford BRZ made more torque then horsepower. 500hp/550tq
The video also said it is having issues with overheating, but I suppose it proves it can be done - even if it happens at 7k rpm.
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
Truck Norris
Thread Mover
 
Truck Norris's Avatar
 
Drives: a Monte Carlo
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sierra Nevada
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
The video also said it is having issues with overheating, but I suppose it proves it can be done - even if it happens at 7k rpm.
It's got over 300wtq at 2,500 rpm and peaks at 4,750 rpm.
__________________
In the market for something fast
Truck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #27
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
It's got over 300wtq at 2,500 rpm and peaks at 4,750 rpm.
There was another kit out by full blown I think




Torque wise it seems like Crawford is doing it right in comparison.

__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
trademaster
 
Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Working
Posts: 707
Crawford used a fairly small turbo for the power they are making and in my opinion, you really don't need much more than that in such a light car. It's over 300 lbs lighter than a z06. With the right tires and suspension setup, that thing would be a blast.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.