Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,527
Agreed - there's a lot of products I'd buy if they were more reasonably priced, but alas they have enough people purchasing the products at ridiculous prices now so what's the incentive for them to come down in price.

There's a lot of lighting mods I'd love to do but I'm not dropping a thousand dollars just to get a FEW lighting mods for my car. Just ridiculous.

Likewise it boils my blood when I see the pricing on the aftermarket high-flow cats and exhaust systems when I only paid $600 for my brand new Magnaflow catback exhaust on my 1994 Camaro and that's including installation!
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
And it's pronounced offer....not Oh-fer
I asked him, he said he didn't care which way you say it.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Agreed - there's a lot of products I'd buy if they were more reasonably priced, but alas they have enough people purchasing the products at ridiculous prices now so what's the incentive for them to come down in price.

There's a lot of lighting mods I'd love to do but I'm not dropping a thousand dollars just to get a FEW lighting mods for my car. Just ridiculous.

Likewise it boils my blood when I see the pricing on the aftermarket high-flow cats and exhaust systems when I only paid $600 for my brand new Magnaflow catback exhaust on my 1994 Camaro and that's including installation!
When I had a true-dual cat-back exhaust installed on my '98 Formula it was $600. Two years later, for the same system it was $1K for my 2000 Formula. I said but John, you only charged me $600 a couple years ago and he said well, that's what I can get now. Capitalism... that's the way the ball rolls.
__________________
2013 SIM 2SS/RS - LGM Super Pro headers w/3" catback - Circle D Pro 1E - ADM Race Intake w/ADM Scoop - BWPTB - Elite Catch Can - Peak HP: 373/Peak TQ: 375
rich3fan is online now  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,852
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,746
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
You didn't root for the Rangers during the playoffs.
__________________
2013 SIM 2SS/RS - LGM Super Pro headers w/3" catback - Circle D Pro 1E - ADM Race Intake w/ADM Scoop - BWPTB - Elite Catch Can - Peak HP: 373/Peak TQ: 375
rich3fan is online now  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
You didn't root for the Rangers during the playoffs.
Dang, yea you got me there!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #33
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,255
I dunno...Vendors are human, too...Not all perfect...

Heck, I've made a mistake before once....Thought I was wrong about something, but it turns out I wasn't!.....lol..
90503 is online now  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #34
MrWray
SYBIL
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportRand View Post
I'd say the vendors are pretty good on this site. If they didn't have things for my truck, they knew who did and sent me there.

CAI, Inc. and EmblemPros.com are especially good vendors.
CAI inc and Emblempros rock!
__________________
MrWray is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,682
I don't see any problems
motorhead is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #36
Aubrey64


 
Aubrey64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,690
Through my experience with C5 vendors, your list is pretty spot on, Ivan at Southwest speed, Apex, Ofer, and Lupe all have above and beyond when it comes to customer service. As for other companies, I can't say much as, I haven't dealt with them too much, because I normally try to go with the vendors I know best first, then if they don't have the part (and most of the time they do) I then branch out. Tony from Rideskinz as well as G3 composites are both really good too.
__________________
Aubrey64 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #37
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,290
Jannetty is a worthy addition.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built. 10 psi on corn.
Iam Broke is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #38
flyer08
Tri-County Camaros
 
flyer08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St Pete
Posts: 2,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I would have to agree with your "good list" when dealing with Apex, Maureen, Matt, and Juiced. They're all great. Haven't dealt with the others so I can't really give an opinion. In my own personal experience, I would also add Kyle at BMR and the guys at Pfadt to the list of good vendors.....or would they be considered more of a manufacturer??? Well, either way, they are "good peeps" to deal with too!!!
Matt and Kyle have been good to work with, as well as Phil in Tampa area
flyer08 is online now  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #39
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small
 
BRAVO 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 558
I Agree with the list...

The crew from JDP are Great Also!
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
BRAVO 2SS is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,036
I have to agree with the OP on some of the increasing negativity, particularly in the V-6 sections, which many of you may not frequent. It's kind of "Oh, he got banned...again?"

Example of how to play fair: Pedders vs. Pfadt or CAI, Inc vs. Roto Fab. Because they don't make it all about the "versus."

Some vendors sound like they want to rumble in the alley after dark, with knives. And it's really too bad. They could be spending their time supporting customers and cultivating new business instead of typing manifestos about how their competitor's product is so inferior.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #41
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
There are a lot of them missing... Guarantee the good list is waaaayyy longer than the bad list.

Thread moved to the Vendor Feedback section.
__________________
.
mlee is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #42
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
What does this thread hope to accomplish?
Probably as much as MOST of the threads in here.
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #43
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del's12SS View Post
Well put.

Also gets me when they say "here is my price, but will meet any others you find"......
No give me your best price.
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.
__________________
www.marylandspeed.com * 443-730-9428 * Great Prices and Experienced Service!

MarylandSpeed is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #44
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,036
Great response Maryland. I support businesses that are trying to keep the lights on by doing the right thing. My employer (in wholesale floor covering) will not sell to individuals who are not competing on an equal footing. I was on the retail side of my business for 17 years before I got into wholesale 10 years ago. I see it.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #45
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.
Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #46
family man

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: .
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
They could be spending their time supporting customers and cultivating new business instead of typing manifestos about how their competitor's product is so inferior.

John B.
This is what really gets me John.

"They" should stop slamming these so called inferior products, get your ass back to work and get your product made so you don't have a 6-8 week wait time. And stop taking orders until your backlog is filled. It's just common sense, but as they say, common sense isn't so common for some people.
family man is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #47
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Both of these guys are spot on with those remarks. Well put guys.
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #48
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
Sorry but I've really had no interaction with you, Both my CAI, CAI's were pruchased through Apex.

My listing was only of companies I've done business with. From a product standpoint though I love my CAI!

__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #49
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Honestly for me price is usually not the deciding factor (Notice I did not mention cost in my original post). I've on several occasions purchased products at a higher cost because of the reputation of the company. I'd rather spend a few $$ more and get the service I deserve, then save a few $$ that will likely cost me more in the end. With that said, there is nothing wrong with asking for a better price, worse that can happen is the vendor will said no.

Remember customer service is just like products, you get what you pay for!
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-21-2013 at 08:11 AM.
nyrfan is offline  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #50
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,916
So far i have only dealt with Apex,JDP,Gen5DIY,Ritchie 2LT,and Emblempros,and have nothing but positive to say about them,and will continue shopping there.
cornerspeed92 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.