Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Agreed - there's a lot of products I'd buy if they were more reasonably priced, but alas they have enough people purchasing the products at ridiculous prices now so what's the incentive for them to come down in price.

There's a lot of lighting mods I'd love to do but I'm not dropping a thousand dollars just to get a FEW lighting mods for my car. Just ridiculous.

Likewise it boils my blood when I see the pricing on the aftermarket high-flow cats and exhaust systems when I only paid $600 for my brand new Magnaflow catback exhaust on my 1994 Camaro and that's including installation!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
And it's pronounced offer....not Oh-fer
I asked him, he said he didn't care which way you say it.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Agreed - there's a lot of products I'd buy if they were more reasonably priced, but alas they have enough people purchasing the products at ridiculous prices now so what's the incentive for them to come down in price.

There's a lot of lighting mods I'd love to do but I'm not dropping a thousand dollars just to get a FEW lighting mods for my car. Just ridiculous.

Likewise it boils my blood when I see the pricing on the aftermarket high-flow cats and exhaust systems when I only paid $600 for my brand new Magnaflow catback exhaust on my 1994 Camaro and that's including installation!
When I had a true-dual cat-back exhaust installed on my '98 Formula it was $600. Two years later, for the same system it was $1K for my 2000 Formula. I said but John, you only charged me $600 a couple years ago and he said well, that's what I can get now. Capitalism... that's the way the ball rolls.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
You didn't root for the Rangers during the playoffs.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
You didn't root for the Rangers during the playoffs.
Dang, yea you got me there!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #33

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I dunno...Vendors are human, too...Not all perfect...

Heck, I've made a mistake before once....Thought I was wrong about something, but it turns out I wasn't!.....lol..
Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #34
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportRand View Post
I'd say the vendors are pretty good on this site. If they didn't have things for my truck, they knew who did and sent me there.

CAI, Inc. and EmblemPros.com are especially good vendors.
CAI inc and Emblempros rock!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
I don't see any problems
Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #36
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Through my experience with C5 vendors, your list is pretty spot on, Ivan at Southwest speed, Apex, Ofer, and Lupe all have above and beyond when it comes to customer service. As for other companies, I can't say much as, I haven't dealt with them too much, because I normally try to go with the vendors I know best first, then if they don't have the part (and most of the time they do) I then branch out. Tony from Rideskinz as well as G3 composites are both really good too.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #37
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Jannetty is a worthy addition.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #38
flyer08
Tri-County Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I would have to agree with your "good list" when dealing with Apex, Maureen, Matt, and Juiced. They're all great. Haven't dealt with the others so I can't really give an opinion. In my own personal experience, I would also add Kyle at BMR and the guys at Pfadt to the list of good vendors.....or would they be considered more of a manufacturer??? Well, either way, they are "good peeps" to deal with too!!!
Matt and Kyle have been good to work with, as well as Phil in Tampa area
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #39
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
I Agree with the list...

The crew from JDP are Great Also!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I have to agree with the OP on some of the increasing negativity, particularly in the V-6 sections, which many of you may not frequent. It's kind of "Oh, he got banned...again?"

Example of how to play fair: Pedders vs. Pfadt or CAI, Inc vs. Roto Fab. Because they don't make it all about the "versus."

Some vendors sound like they want to rumble in the alley after dark, with knives. And it's really too bad. They could be spending their time supporting customers and cultivating new business instead of typing manifestos about how their competitor's product is so inferior.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #41
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
There are a lot of them missing... Guarantee the good list is waaaayyy longer than the bad list.

Thread moved to the Vendor Feedback section.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #42
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
What does this thread hope to accomplish?
Probably as much as MOST of the threads in here.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #43
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del's12SS View Post
Well put.

Also gets me when they say "here is my price, but will meet any others you find"......
No give me your best price.
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #44
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Great response Maryland. I support businesses that are trying to keep the lights on by doing the right thing. My employer (in wholesale floor covering) will not sell to individuals who are not competing on an equal footing. I was on the retail side of my business for 17 years before I got into wholesale 10 years ago. I see it.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #45
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #46
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
They could be spending their time supporting customers and cultivating new business instead of typing manifestos about how their competitor's product is so inferior.

John B.
This is what really gets me John.

"They" should stop slamming these so called inferior products, get your ass back to work and get your product made so you don't have a 6-8 week wait time. And stop taking orders until your backlog is filled. It's just common sense, but as they say, common sense isn't so common for some people.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #47
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
What this code for is-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Both of these guys are spot on with those remarks. Well put guys.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #48
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Sorry but I've really had no interaction with you, Both my CAI, CAI's were pruchased through Apex.

My listing was only of companies I've done business with. From a product standpoint though I love my CAI!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #49
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
What this code for is-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post

Honestly for me price is usually not the deciding factor (Notice I did not mention cost in my original post). I've on several occasions purchased products at a higher cost because of the reputation of the company. I'd rather spend a few $$ more and get the service I deserve, then save a few $$ that will likely cost me more in the end. With that said, there is nothing wrong with asking for a better price, worse that can happen is the vendor will said no.

Remember customer service is just like products, you get what you pay for!

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-21-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #50
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
So far i have only dealt with Apex,JDP,Gen5DIY,Ritchie 2LT,and Emblempros,and have nothing but positive to say about them,and will continue shopping there.

Closed Thread