Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #43
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del's12SS View Post
Well put.

Also gets me when they say "here is my price, but will meet any others you find"......
No give me your best price.
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #44
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Great response Maryland. I support businesses that are trying to keep the lights on by doing the right thing. My employer (in wholesale floor covering) will not sell to individuals who are not competing on an equal footing. I was on the retail side of my business for 17 years before I got into wholesale 10 years ago. I see it.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #45
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #46
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
They could be spending their time supporting customers and cultivating new business instead of typing manifestos about how their competitor's product is so inferior.

John B.
This is what really gets me John.

"They" should stop slamming these so called inferior products, get your ass back to work and get your product made so you don't have a 6-8 week wait time. And stop taking orders until your backlog is filled. It's just common sense, but as they say, common sense isn't so common for some people.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #47
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
What this code for is-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Both of these guys are spot on with those remarks. Well put guys.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #48
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
Sorry but I've really had no interaction with you, Both my CAI, CAI's were pruchased through Apex.

My listing was only of companies I've done business with. From a product standpoint though I love my CAI!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #49
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
What this code for is-

Quote:

Honestly for me price is usually not the deciding factor (Notice I did not mention cost in my original post). I've on several occasions purchased products at a higher cost because of the reputation of the company. I'd rather spend a few $$ more and get the service I deserve, then save a few $$ that will likely cost me more in the end. With that said, there is nothing wrong with asking for a better price, worse that can happen is the vendor will said no.

Remember customer service is just like products, you get what you pay for!

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-21-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #50
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
So far i have only dealt with Apex,JDP,Gen5DIY,Ritchie 2LT,and Emblempros,and have nothing but positive to say about them,and will continue shopping there.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #51
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
What this code for is-

Quote:

Well said guys!

And thanks to those who said nice things about JDP Motorsports. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction, so we sincerely appreciate your support!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 801-545-4215
Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #52
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
This is what really gets me John.

"They" should stop slamming these so called inferior products, get your ass back to work and get your product made so you don't have a 6-8 week wait time. And stop taking orders until your backlog is filled. It's just common sense, but as they say, common sense isn't so common for some people.

I also have to give a shout out to Pete at Showstopper. A true professional!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #53

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The times I've ordered something, a part or whatever from vendor "X", they are always "In stock!"...lol...But, alas, that is not always the case....I can see a snag, or a minor hiccup, but it seems it's standard practice to say "In stock", so you won't shop somewhere else. Call number one of "where is it??..."/ "It's on it's way!"....nope, second time "It's at the polishers, be there in a couple of days...."....call number three, "There still making them, be done soon!..."...lol...

Told them, ok if you're gonna give me the run around, at least get your story straight and keep it in the right direction instead of going backwards...what, next time I call they will tell me there digging the ore out of a mine still...lol...
Many reputable vendors have told me parts are in stock, and it is true, and they are shipped right away...but not all, for sure...

Only honest exception to this rigamarole was Tracy at RX for the catch-can....He knew he didn't have any right this minute to send to me, but gave me his best honest estimate of when I would get it...Fine, that's all I want to know...too bad not every vendor does that...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
I have also had good luck with ACS. They treated me very well in my experience with the purchase and installation of my TL1 insert.

The Bird is the word!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #55
Evil-Bee-NH
Impatiently waiting GM!

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I've had mixed success with the C5 vendors. Best by far that i've ordered from are Apex and EmblemPros. Apex hopefully solved the javascript error for the elite can on their site but all in all they fixed any order issues very quickly. Roger at EmblemPros has to beone of the most informative and polite vendors i've ever dealt with at all. Lupe at River City is awesome aswell ordered custom painted bowties and had them about a week later and they look great.

As for bad ones well customer service at RPI is hopefully being fixed by Don but he's got one hell of a massive job and i really hope he quality checks stuff going out the door aswell because that's two of their major issues. Not sure wether some of the damage caused by their practices can really ever redeem them in most peoples eyes here but atleast he's making an effort to do it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #56
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
Bill,
as far as I'm concerned your top of the list!
Bill went above and beyond to make me happy! CAI is a great vendor!

Closed Thread