Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
david06851313

Drives: 2010 inferno SS
Avoid Hayes Chevy in North GA

I've have two bad reviews! One for sales and one for service! I brought my 14 camaro in repeatedly for a trans issue. Had to get GM involved and they finally agreed to tear it apart. They ended up replacing 2nd and 3rd gear. When I go to pick the car up my front bumper is busted! One of there techs drove my car and hit something! They didn't have a manager there and told me to take it home for the weekend and they would deal with it Monday. This was over Easter weekend! I had family coming in and seeing the car for the first time. 4 people noticed it and asked and it was very embarrassing and annoying to deal with. Monday I talked to Dan dolin. He agreed to get it fixed at their cost but I'd have to drive 40 miles the opposite way and go to their dodge dealer to have it fixed and painted. The dodge dealer told me it would be over a month to get it fixed! Ridiculous! All cause they said people are paying for paint jobs in front of me! So I am not a priority! I was upset so they agreed to do it sooner and give me a cold air intake for the camaro. I get the car back from paint and have only drove it about 400-500 miles. Second gear is still notchy and it constantly smells like clutch smoke behind me people have said. Clutch has no feel now since I got it back. No resistance at all. I called to make a appointment to have them look at it and Dan came on the phone and said "sorry we won't be able to help you this time" saying because I didn't give them a total 5 star review on a email survey they won't do anything for me or look at anything I own. He said "we don't need the drama with you and the surveys, we don't want your business anymore" all because I didn't give them a full perfect review when my cat got wrecked and took a month to get fixed and my repair wasn't ever done correctly! Ridiculous! GM has been contacted again I've made complaints and I've taken my business else where. Last night I drive 40 miles past them and bought a new 15 crew cab and a ctsv coupe at another local dealer! That's a 50k dollar truck and a 75k dollar car that had another 15k in upgrades. Another dealer got my two purchases due too you being rude! I bought these vehicles the day after that phone call! I'll make sure everyone knows not to give these people any business! You missed out! I buy lots of cars and am going back to the dealer I bought these two cars from to trade my 13 duramax in on a new truck there! Three sales in one week you missed out on for being rude!

Right now I own a 14 ctsv coupe, 15 Sierra, 13 duramax, 14 camaro. 98 firebird formula, 92 z28, ,2001 z28. We are a GM family and always have 4-5 new cars. We buy at least one a year or more. We will go elsewhere!

Tried to buy a Silverado here, sat down and talked to the salesman and it was clear we weren't gonna be where we wanted to be price range. They refused to come down off asking price at all. I specifically told them do not run my credit when I left that I was not interested, I know have received two notices in the mail that they tried to apply for a loan for this truck in my name. Ridiculous, will never buy from a Hayes dealer now. I was looking at a 26k dollar truck I went to Jim ellis in Buford and bought a brand new 42k dollar truck. They could have had a sale if they weren't so rude and also didn't do things after I left. I NEVER gave permission or signed anything that let them run my credit. They did it after I left! Very shady!
david06851313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
Chantelle_0666
2014_2SS_RS

Drives: 2014_2SS_RS
I have had terrible service from my Chevrolet dealership, Don Folk Chevrolet and constant problems with my brand new 14 Camaro 2SS. It goes through a liter of oil every 1000 kms or so... and now is having the heater core replaced.

My dealer told me it was OK to drive with a leaking heater core and it overheated 10 mins afer leaving the dealership and I had to get it towed back and couldn't drive it on my summer vacation. When my dad went it to check on it while I was away the inside of my car is totally torn apart and they had tools and parts on the paint of my car! on the roof!

I wrote a 10 page letter to GM and my dealership and have had no reply. I am have contacted the media because I don't know what else to do. People need to know how we are being treated. We are also a long time GM family and bought 3 GM's in the past year including the Camaro. It's obvious that they don't really care about us. Because of this experience I will never buy a GM again.

What I'm trying to say is I feel your pain!

Chantelle_0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
david06851313

I understand completely! This car has the trans issue, has had the ac controls replaced, column lever just fell going down the road, wheel sensors failed first 500 miles, a rattle in the front left they could never find... Multiple issues...
Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
Chantelle_0666
2014_2SS_RS

Drives: 2014_2SS_RS
That's terrible, sounds like they need to tighten up quality control on the production line. I hope that things turn out well for you... My file has finally been escalated with GM customer care and I am waiting to hear back from the GM Executive branch on what their going to do for me... I wrote a 10 page letter outlining my whole experience with the car and sent it to GM priority care which you can find on the link here.... might want to give it a shot:
http://www.gm.com/content/gmcom/home...r%20%2Bservice

Chantelle_0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 AM   #5
david06851313

I got a contact in GM to help me, he forwarded my case and I talked to the executive office yesterday, calling me back Friday night or Monday after A new dealer appointment on Friday with the place I bought the ctsv at. He said he is gonna call and talk to the new dealer before Friday and make sure they handle it correctly. Then we said we will go from there. I appreciate he is worried about getting the car fixed correctly as the prioty instead of just offering stuff. He sounds like he actually cares, which is a nice change.

Last edited by david06851313; 08-25-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #6
david06851313

It went to a Chevy dealer (hardy chevy) today. Dropped it off. I'm leaving town for a few days so they are checking it out.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Sucks when you get a crappy dealer. Every company has had a car with issues, but it's how you handle those issues that either makes or breaks the whole experience.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
david06851313

I agree... It totally sucks... Makes you resent the car and buying it
Old 08-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #9
jinyufnen

Drives: camaro
it's how you handle those issues that either makes or breaks the whole experience.
jinyufnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #10
david06851313

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinyufnen View Post
it's how you handle those issues that either makes or breaks the whole experience.
Explain what you mean?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #11
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by david06851313 View Post
Explain what you mean?
Every car can break- I think what he's saying is that it's all about how the dealer handles it. I've had a $100,000 car break on me and have three weeks of down time to repair. As long as I knew the dealer was doing everything possible, I accepted that sometimes life isn't fair and moved on without being pissed. It's when they don't give a crap or BS you that things go bad very quickly.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #12
david06851313

I understand that completely but I got the run around for almost a year that nothing was wrong, then they fixed it wrong after GM had to get involved, then wrecked my car, then mad I gave a bad review. It's just one thing after another lately. I'm seriously considering going the lemon law route and trying to get a different one... To many issues with this one. I love the car to death. Just sucks.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #13
VTSummit

If it qualifies for lemon law, do it. The sales agreements state binding arbitration comes first, but generally they end up being bought back before being branded a lemon. That way the company gets the car back without a branded title.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #14
david06851313

I need to look into it and see how to do it, I've never had to do it before. I've never had to even go to the dealer for issues before more then maybe once or twice for something small.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #15
VTSummit

It depends on a lot of things and varies by state. Usually it is based on unsuccessful repair attempts on the same issue (some states only on safety related systems) and down time. The time it was down due to an accident doesn't apply.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM   #16
david06851313

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
It depends on a lot of things and varies by state. Usually it is based on unsuccessful repair attempts on the same issue (some states only on safety related systems) and down time. The time it was down due to an accident doesn't apply.
My state is a un fixed issue more then 3 times. I'm googling it and doing research and getting my ducks in a row just in case they don't fix it at this new dealer. This will be about the 8th dealer visit for that issue.