Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 06-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Aftermarket wheels install?

Whenever any of you guys got aftermarket rims, how did you go about mounting them and everything? I asked my dealership and they said about $184 which sounds really steep; that is 1/4 the price of the new rims that I got.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Mike-D
HTFU

Drives: 2SS/RS
I have paid about 33 a tire for my Jeep before never had to do it for the Camaro yet. Dealers will charge more the your average tire shop. That was for mount and balance by the way.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
tonymac

Drives: '12 VR LT/RS
I had NTB install on my previous 2 cars. $60 total (each car - all 4 wheels and tires).
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
That sounds right, and my rims were 1900$......you have mount, dismount, tpms to other tires, and then spin balance (then think new valve stems or other lug nuts too cost to add if too), and of course with a tire store they can not just treat your precious rim like garbage they have to have a guy spend a couple hours doing it to avoid damaging the rims, and yes my old stock polished did get a little scuffing even though the best guy did the job and he needed to just be more careful with the spoons.
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, 500rwhp 460 torque mustang dyno,dual mode ,sunroof ,heritage grill clear bra, TSP cam, Stainless power headers HFC, CAI induction, Vmax PTD, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, catch can, clutch reservoir, under dash/body lights LED, DRL lights/halos, Dash kit, Custom striping and Sparks badges and Engine badge, Corvette Stainless engine cover, etc.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
That's not too far off especially if they have to reprogram your TPMS with the gun. Mine were $135 for all four but the TPMS reset didn't work from the dash. I had to take it to the dealer and they charged me $60 to hit the wheels with the gun!
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote