Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #103
Makinrain
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
That combo weighs in at 9600lbs? What's it made out of, lead?
That's the trailer capacity. They come with either 3500lb axles or 4800lb axles. Trailer empty weighs about 1800Lbs.
Makinrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #104
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
Gotcha, I figured as much but the way it was worded got me thinking. Nice trailer
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #105
Rad_dsm
 
Rad_dsm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 synergy 2ss
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makinrain View Post
That's the trailer capacity. They come with either 3500lb axles or 4800lb axles. Trailer empty weighs about 1800Lbs.
What did it cost?
Rad_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #106
Makinrain
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad_dsm View Post
What did it cost?
It was $8000 out the door. Leftover 2012 model 3110 with 9600lb capacity, 20 ft platform with the optional wheels and tires, and rock guard and tool box. Not cheap but I priced all of the higher end trailers and when you option them all out the way I wanted the they are all pretty close. And then add the resale factor, featherlite holds their value pretty good.
Makinrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #107
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13
 
IOM Black Diamond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pleasant Hill, Or
Posts: 2,493
I have been wanting a enclosed trailer for so long and I just got one. I used it last weekend and it worked great. I need to get some strapes and I was wondering what I should get. I have been looking at the straps that go over your tire, and the axle wrap ones also. My car is pretty low so I don't know the best way to go. What are you guys doing on the ramps? I had to mess with 2x6's and all kinds of stuff to get the car high enough not to rub.
Name:  photo.JPG188.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  149.7 KB

Name:  photo.JPG189.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  178.4 KB
__________________
IOM Black Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #108
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
I have been wanting a enclosed trailer for so long and I just got one. I used it last weekend and it worked great. I need to get some strapes and I was wondering what I should get. I have been looking at the straps that go over your tire, and the axle wrap ones also. My car is pretty low so I don't know the best way to go. What are you guys doing on the ramps? I had to mess with 2x6's and all kinds of stuff to get the car high enough not to rub.
Attachment 545464

Attachment 545465
You'll be hard presses to actually get between your car and the trailer walls to tie down over the tires. And if your car is that low the tire ratchet won't work. You'll have to just go underneath front and back.

You can try jacking the tounge of the trailer up while its still on the truck to get some more angle other wise long 2x8's are the easiest option. Just make some makes on the ramp where they go and it'll be easy to get it perfect everytime.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #109
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13
 
IOM Black Diamond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pleasant Hill, Or
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You'll be hard presses to actually get between your car and the trailer walls to tie down over the tires. And if your car is that low the tire ratchet won't work. You'll have to just go underneath front and back.

You can try jacking the tounge of the trailer up while its still on the truck to get some more angle other wise long 2x8's are the easiest option. Just make some makes on the ramp where they go and it'll be easy to get it perfect everytime.
Thank you for the info.
__________________
IOM Black Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #110
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Can someone provide a side door picture of their Camaro in a 8.5 x 24 trailer
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #111
inferno camaro

 
inferno camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 838
What are you trying to see (amount of room)? I have an 8.5x24 v-nose and have a golf cart in front of it but its TIGHT if I pull in far enough to get the escape door lined up.
__________________
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #112
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Can someone provide a side door picture of their Camaro in a 8.5 x 24 trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
What are you trying to see (amount of room)? I have an 8.5x24 v-nose and have a golf cart in front of it but its TIGHT if I pull in far enough to get the escape door lined up.
I was going to ask the same question. If I was buying a single car trailer I'd go with a 28'. You can never have enough room. Well, actually you can but not with singles. The 24' will work but it'll be a tad tight.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #113
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
What are you trying to see (amount of room)? I have an 8.5x24 v-nose and have a golf cart in front of it but its TIGHT if I pull in far enough to get the escape door lined up.
Yes car golf cart and toolbox in a 24 is what i would love to see
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #114
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I was going to ask the same question. If I was buying a single car trailer I'd go with a 28'. You can never have enough room. Well, actually you can but not with singles. The 24' will work but it'll be a tad tight.
I use a 24' with cabinets in the front, but I don't use tire straps, cluster hooks are easier. I have about 4 feet in front of the car, so it's more than enough. Pit bikes fit in the truck, no need for a cart.
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #115
inferno camaro

 
inferno camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 838
Not gonna get a tool box in unless its narrow and fits between side wall and the cart. I only have like 4 inches between the cart and car. I use it for mine for my 67 Camaro drag car and I have about 18" between the car and cart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Yes car golf cart and toolbox in a 24 is what i would love to see
__________________
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #116
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I use a 24' with cabinets in the front, but I don't use tire straps, cluster hooks are easier. I have about 4 feet in front of the car, so it's more than enough. Pit bikes fit in the truck, no need for a cart.

Since you don't race your car you should prob just sell the trailer.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #117
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Since you don't race your car you should prob just sell the trailer.
You too, your car doesn't run
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #118
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
You too, your car doesn't run
Ah, but the GN does. Leaving tomorrow for a wknd of racing!!


And if the damn c7 would move past 3000 Id bring that too.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #119
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
You too, your car doesn't run
Your trailer is awesome but the new American Racing Headers set/up makes yours look like a dump. Words can't even explain how hooked up their setup is. Trailer had to be $70k.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.