Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Lethal racing night fury!!!!!

Just got my car back from lethal for the night fury treatment. I cannot say enough about the customer care and service these guys offer. They treat your car like it is their own and really care that you be happy with the end product.

Original plan was night fury package and a 3.91 swap for the rear. So i opted for no extra porting or an underdrive pulley so my numbers ended up at 475/447. Car is a beast!!! Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond anyones control we did not get the gears on this trip but will do soon. I have attached one of the dyno sheets and will get a video up soon. All the ones i currently have are apparently formatted wrong and it wont let me upload them.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
 
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,575
Very nice!
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Abrahams11SS
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Black-n-Orange
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 548
How does it drive? any surging or bucking? When does the car really slam you back.. I recently just did a TSP 231/236 and once you hit say 2800 it really pulls..
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small
 
BRAVO 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 578
Very cool!
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
BRAVO 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
RKCamaro13
 
RKCamaro13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 437
I was at lethal racing the day you picked it up looking at a getting my cam soon, your car sounds amazing a real beast hope you like it. I'll be getting mine in a week or two.
__________________
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Painted Engine and Fuse Relay Cover, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
xVengeancex28


 
xVengeancex28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,530
awesome!
__________________
Click Sig For Graphics Page On Facebook
xVengeancex28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
Just got my car back from lethal for the night fury treatment. I cannot say enough about the customer care and service these guys offer. They treat your car like it is their own and really care that you be happy with the end product.

Original plan was night fury package and a 3.91 swap for the rear. So i opted for no extra porting or an underdrive pulley so my numbers ended up at 475/447. Car is a beast!!! Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond anyones control we did not get the gears on this trip but will do soon. I have attached one of the dyno sheets and will get a video up soon. All the ones i currently have are apparently formatted wrong and it wont let me upload them.
Thanks for looking!
converted,

Interesting post. I'm happy to see a member of the team enjoying their vehicle. Please let us know if you ever have any questions.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2
 
litle88's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Ws6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Burbank,IL
Posts: 6,347
Congrats! Good numbers for sure!
__________________
01 Ws6, m6, ASC#618 of 1583,40k Miles,shortblock built by AES the rest built by me,Ls3 416,FAST 102, NW102,LPE Ls3 heads

Join us:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5138...3848358733509/
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
How does it drive? any surging or bucking? When does the car really slam you back.. I recently just did a TSP 231/236 and once you hit say 2800 it really pulls..
Very streetable but there is just a little bit of bucking at slower like say 40 mph 4th gear speed but a quick downshift to third and get the revs up a little and she settles out just as good as a stocker only with twice the power it feels. Probably real close to same rpm to start setting you back in the seat. I have not had a chance to wring her out yet as i have had the kids and wife in the car when i have driven it but 2 weeks from now ill get to run the snot out of it on the auto-x track. All in all tho any drivability things are just a little bit of seat time to learn how she behaves and they are gone!! Anybody on the fence id suggest DO IT!!! By the way this is my wifes daily driver!
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Abrahams11SS
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Black-n-Orange
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
Very streetable but there is just a little bit of bucking at slower like say 40 mph 4th gear speed but a quick downshift to third and get the revs up a little and she settles out just as good as a stocker only with twice the power it feels. Probably real close to same rpm to start setting you back in the seat. I have not had a chance to wring her out yet as i have had the kids and wife in the car when i have driven it but 2 weeks from now ill get to run the snot out of it on the auto-x track. All in all tho any drivability things are just a little bit of seat time to learn how she behaves and they are gone!! Anybody on the fence id suggest DO IT!!! By the way this is my wifes daily driver!
No surging or bucking at lower rpms? The night fury is one of the largest cams you can get that doesn't require flycutting the pistons right?
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
No surging or bucking at lower rpms? The night fury is one of the largest cams you can get that doesn't require flycutting the pistons right?
Cant say about flycutting the pistons thats a little out of my knowledge range. As far as the bucking and surging goes tho if you let it yes it will but if you drive it with that in mind and use the clutch to coast a little as needed and just adjust your driving, i really dont find it any different or harder to drive than before the cam install. Sad part is i think my wife is better at it than i am!! Our drive way has a pretty steep slope and we back in to the garage that is at a 90 degree angle to the drive and when she backed in that first day other than the lope and increased volume from the headers i couldnt tell the car was cammed she was soooooo smooth with it.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
426CamaroSS
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 1S, 426 HP, 6 Speed
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Springdale Arkansas
Posts: 129
Nice....saving my cash to purchase the Night Fury Cam Package....seems like one of the better sounding cams out there. Post a video
426CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by 426CamaroSS View Post
Nice....saving my cash to purchase the Night Fury Cam Package....seems like one of the better sounding cams out there. Post a video
Im trying to. All the ones i have right now are in a format that camaro 5 doesnt allow so ive gotta make a new on or two to post up
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
BLACK10

 
BLACK10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
No surging or bucking at lower rpms? The night fury is one of the largest cams you can get that doesn't require flycutting the pistons right?
no way!

this is not that big of a cam. we can shaved the heads almost .030with out any PTVC issues with the NightFury cam in an LS3.



OP,
congrats on the cam and thanks for choosing Lethal Racing! Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. You guys over there in Corpus have been really good to us!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
no way!

this is not that big of a cam. we can shaved the heads almost .030with out any PTVC issues with the NightFury cam in an LS3.



OP,
congrats on the cam and thanks for choosing Lethal Racing! Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. You guys over there in Corpus have been really good to us!
I was hittin up the bossman earlier asking about branching out man yall have a lot of fans down her in south tx!!! But yall do some awesome work bud keep it up!!
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
BLACK10

 
BLACK10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
I was hittin up the bossman earlier asking about branching out man yall have a lot of fans down her in south tx!!! But yall do some awesome work bud keep it up!!
thanks!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #17
jenL
 
jenL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 205
Here are a couple videos.





First drive
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Jerry7297
 
Jerry7297's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 612
This care sounds wicked cool. Very impressive glad they got the cam really got me thinking as well.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
CamaroSS408
 
CamaroSS408's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SSRS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 25
Mods on car?
CamaroSS408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
jenL
 
jenL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 205
CAI, ported throttle body, catch can, muffler delete, resonator delete, night fury cam, high flow cats, headers, lethal tune...I'm sure I'm forgetting some but Converted or black10 can chime in if I'm forgetting anything.
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Zyklon-SS
 
Zyklon-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Port Credit -ON
Posts: 548
That sounds sooo good, congrats!
Zyklon-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
jenL
 
jenL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyklon-SS View Post
That sounds sooo good, congrats!
Thanks! We absolutely love it! Lethal rocks
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
Bo White
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vance Alabama
Posts: 2,418
Can you set the cruise @ 1500rpm in 6th gear confortably?
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Can you set the cruise @ 1500rpm in 6th gear confortably?
Quite homestly i really dont know. What speed would that be ya think? Here in tx pretty much every rd is either 70 or 75 mph except in town. So really havent been alot if places where id be doing what i think would be somewhere around 60 mph long enough to set cruise. Im sure jenl will try it at some point and report back to us. I really feel like that may possibly be right in that rpm range where it may not be happy tho and might end up with a small ammount of surging. Just the way a cammed car is ya know.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #25
Rock on
 
Rock on's Avatar
 
Drives: black 2011 2ss
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: plain city utah
Posts: 238
sounds good
__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET 2011 cammed 3600 stall 68 cammed 2800 stall
Rock on is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.