Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Elementkng20
HTCC: canthonyIOM27

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/V6/A6
Significant others...

I get this a lot, especially after just getting my Camaro about a week ago. My fiance is always like giving me crap about doing stuff to my car and I'm like, "It's my car!" Or she'll be like "Ugh, it's going to look so ugly, why do you do that?"

So, how many of ya'll have wives, gfs, or fiances who give you crap about spending time on you're car?

We're guys...leave us alone lol
Elementkng20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs
not me my girl keeps telling me she cant wait to finish school and start working and have a good job so she can help me put stuff into my car
upgrades kooks 1 3/4" LTH w/ high flow cats, roto fab cai, corsa exhaust, rx catch can, hurst short throw shifter. stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears 445rwhp 410 rwtq all installed and dyno tuned from slowhawk performance.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
My wife isn't a car person, but puts up with my car hobby. She even pushed me to order the exact car I wanted over saving some money and buying a used one. She doesn't get the modding thing very much, but she pretty much lets me do whatever I want.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Elementkng20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
not me my girl keeps telling me she cant wait to finish school and start working and have a good job so she can help me put stuff into my car
Lucky! However my fiance is always like, "Can I drive it?" I'm like "No! You always say I'm making it ugly."
Old 06-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Elementkng20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
My wife isn't a car person, but puts up with my car hobby. She even pushed me to order the exact car I wanted over saving some money and buying a used one. She doesn't get the modding thing very much, but she pretty much lets me do whatever I want.
She doesn't get the modding thing either. When I ordered my camaro5 decal and stripe kit she's like "Omg, why?"
Old 06-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
Forcer

Drives: 2010 2SS Custom Camaro.
My g/f hates when i buy stuff for my car, but at the same time she loves it once its on there, but i think she just likes giving me a hard time = p
Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
Elementkng20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
My g/f hates when i buy stuff for my car, but at the same time she loves it once its on there, but i think she just likes giving me a hard time = p
I guess some women will understand and some won't. I unfortunatley have one that doesn't lol.

That's what I get for having a girly girl for a fiance. What did I get myself into lol
Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
My wife used to give me some grief. She sees that it is something that I enjoy though and has really come around. She now comes to events with me. Now when she sees a really nice Camaro she says "you have some work to do on yours" or "you should do that to yours"
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
Elementkng20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
My wife used to give me some grief. She sees that it is something that I enjoy though and has really come around. She now comes to events with me. Now when she sees a really nice Camaro she says "you have some work to do on yours" or "you should do that to yours"
Yeah I start small though. Going to events does give me some inspiration however.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
swizlstik

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
My wife has learned that the modding and car aren't going anywhere. She had actually gotten a little involved with this one too.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #11
SSMickey
SECC

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
My wife has complained about nearly everything that has been done to the car, then once it's done, she loves it. I don't get it.
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
My wife has her own side of the garage, I have mine. What I do on my side to my car is my damn business. And occasionally it helps to have a nice comfy couch guys.
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Both men and women sometimes don't understand modding, I'm girl and I love modding but virtually every guy in my life doesn't understand it. I keep it a secret of how much I've spent on mods because my dad would never understand if he knew. And my boyfriend has absolutely no interest in it at all. The only person who some what gets it is my older sister
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
Wraithier

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
This is the first Camaro I've owned, and actually the first car I could ever mod at all. I am definetly hearing about it though. I show her things I want to do and hear "Why did we even buy the car if you don't like anything about it"? I've had the car about 3 months and I've put Eagle Eye Halos an HID kit, a ZL1 grill, and factory GFX on the car...little does she know I haven't even started on the interior yet! LOL
Wraithier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithier View Post
This is the first Camaro I've owned, and actually the first car I could ever mod at all. I am definetly hearing about it though. I show her things I want to do and hear "Why did we even buy the car if you don't like anything about it"? I've had the car about 3 months and I've put Eagle Eye Halos an HID kit, a ZL1 grill, and factory GFX on the car...little does she know I haven't even started on the interior yet! LOL
That's exactly what my family says!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Elementkng20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithier View Post
We buy the car because we like it, and when options are given to us to enhance the look we will most always take the opportunity.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #17
ka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementkng20 View Post
We buy the car because we like it, and when options are given to us to enhance the look we will most always take the opportunity.
Yeah, I don't get what is so hard to understand. We like the car but we also want to make it our own.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #18
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Yep same here, she doesn't understand the addiction, I mean hobby

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
I'm lucky. My wife gets it AND wants her own when we can swing it. Wants to learn to drive mine in the meantime. Eeeeeeeek!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
tonymac

Drives: '12 VR LT/RS
LOL...Same boat for the most part. My wife usually just rolls her eyes and says that I love the car more than her. I just have to laugh, and just say I could be out boozing and hanging out at some "nudie" bars. That works until the next mod! HAHA...
Just wait until she sees the ZL1 rockers get delivered this evening, followed by some 1LE brake upgrades and then a Nitrous kit. She is gonna flip!!! Guess I need to take her out on a date, LOL.
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
Elementkng20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
LOL...Same boat for the most part. My wife usually just rolls her eyes and says that I love the car more than her. I just have to laugh, and just say I could be out boozing and hanging out at some "nudie" bars. That works until the next mod! HAHA...
Just wait until she sees the ZL1 rockers get delivered this evening, followed by some 1LE brake upgrades and then a Nitrous kit. She is gonna flip!!! Guess I need to take her out on a date, LOL.

Yeah go on a date and splurge a little, maybe Chick-fila or somewhere cheap so you don't have to spend a lot of money LOL
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
I'm single for a reason! lol jk jk. I'm just starting to see this girl and she gets disappointed when I pick her up in the equinox and not the camaro.

My mom and sister don't get it tho. Always get crap about stuff I buy. I've had my headers sitting in my moms trunk the last week and a half and she hasn't found them yet.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
ka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
I'm lucky. My wife gets it AND wants her own when we can swing it. Wants to learn to drive mine in the meantime. Eeeeeeeek!
After yesterday's outing with MFCC, the wife actually started talking about getting her own Camaro.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementkng20 View Post
I get this a lot, especially after just getting my Camaro about a week ago. My fiance is always like giving me crap about doing stuff to my car and I'm like, "It's my car!" Or she'll be like "Ugh, it's going to look so ugly, why do you do that?"

So, how many of ya'll have wives, gfs, or fiances who give you crap about spending time on you're car?

We're guys...leave us alone lol
My GF gets a say in everything WE do to the car.
she helped pick it out and she has helped put everything on it so far.

if she don''t like a potential mod we talk about it.

We are a team and it isn't "my car" it's OUR car.

She is on board and we are both saving for the supercharger and Pedders suspension..
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
After yesterday's outing with MFCC, the wife actually started talking about getting her own Camaro.
My wife grew up with 4 brothers. Three have/had Camaros. Her mom had two and her late father was a gearhead. It was part of what attracted me to her.

I've suffered through ones that didn't understand my addictions...(bike, car, drums)
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote