Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
CJ Offshoredude

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
First time with Zaino

Hello everyone, Well I have put a order in for some Zaino car wash soap & the Grand Finale spray. I have never used this stuff before and I am looking for advise or comments on the product.

Thanks
CJ Offshoredude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...

Last edited by Tecca; 07-02-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Just PM me, or post here, any questions, and I'll be glad to help.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
These are the instructions that I am using for starters although I am changing some stuff up. Just waiting to get my clearbra on first before I Zaino!!

LAZaino Application Tips
That link is very good

I Just got my Zaino package today, and was wondering if it's okay to use on the light lens, glass, or on the radio display ??
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
That link is very good

I Just got my Zaino package today, and was wondering if it's okay to use on the light lens, glass, or on the radio display ??
You could use it on the lenses for the headlights (I'm assuming thats what you're referring to?) and the windshiled if you really wanted to.

I'd avoid touching the plastic covering the radio and gauges as much as possible. For those, I just use a small detailing brush (soft) and highly go over them to remove any dust. They're very susceptible to scratching. I forget, but if Chevrolet used glass over the gauges and radio on the 5th Gen., I'd still avoid touching them as much as possible, and like I mentioned, only go over them, lightly, with a soft detailing brush.

I'd recommend just using 'Stoners' Invisible Glass on the windshield. And if you want something to aid in water removal, ie; rain, 'Stoners' offers Invisible Glass with rain/water repellant.

I like to avoid putting any polish/wax on the lenses, etc., as it can actually cause streaking as well as result in scratches if you're not careful.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Novus makes a plastic polish http://www.novuspolish.com/

But i would only use this if you already have scratches.

I second what Moose says "no touchy touchy"

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
camarorick

Drives: .
Excellent, Thanks guys..... No touchy touchy on the headlight lenses and gages I appreciate the feedback.... Now I need some nice weather to put on this Zaino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
You could use it on the lenses for the headlights (I'm assuming thats what you're referring to?) and the windshiled if you really wanted to.

I'd avoid touching the plastic covering the radio and gauges as much as possible. For those, I just use a small detailing brush (soft) and highly go over them to remove any dust. They're very susceptible to scratching. I forget, but if Chevrolet used glass over the gauges and radio on the 5th Gen., I'd still avoid touching them as much as possible, and like I mentioned, only go over them, lightly, with a soft detailing brush.

I'd recommend just using 'Stoners' Invisible Glass on the windshield. And if you want something to aid in water removal, ie; rain, 'Stoners' offers Invisible Glass with rain/water repellant.

I like to avoid putting any polish/wax on the lenses, etc., as it can actually cause streaking as well as result in scratches if you're not careful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Novus makes a plastic polish http://www.novuspolish.com/

But i would only use this if you already have scratches.

I second what Moose says "no touchy touchy"
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote