Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
jravenfan
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eldersburg MD
Posts: 270
Got my Cai today

Cold air intake arrived today, late fathers day/ early Birthaday gift from Wife and the kids. Can't wait to install this weekend.
__________________
jravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,952
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?
 
SSGUNNER's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Some where in So Cal
Posts: 4,167
Nice. Post pics when installed.
__________________
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,978
more horsepower
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
Glen e

 
Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,928
tip: fasten the plex top on before you adjust box and tighten it down....
__________________
Glen
2LT C7 Cyber/Red
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Birm



 
Birm's Avatar
 
Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pinellas Park, FL
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
Cold air intake arrived today, late fathers day/ early Birthaday gift from Wife and the kids. Can't wait to install this weekend.
Congrats

Just becareful. We all started with a "CAI".....most of us didn't end there lol.
__________________
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Del's12SS
 
Del's12SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming, MI
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
tip: fasten the plex top on before you adjust box and tighten it down....


Installing mine this weekend, and saw this tip in the CAI thread.
__________________
Del's12SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,394
Congrats! It all starts with just an intake.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
h018871
 
h018871's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE BlueRay Met
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
learned something

installed my CAI today and the install went smooth until...........
fired it up, the idle stumbled a bit then smoothed out and got the CEL, crud!
called Bill at CAI, he said that he had not seen a CEL unless an installation error. i pride myself on being fairly mechanically inclined. we went through the install and how the clean side was hooked up. i complicated things by saying that i have the 12653073 GM breather and the hose comes from the can.
then he asked if i disconnected the battery, i said "no" because i'm not doing anything electrical.....he chuckled and said it is required because of the increased air flow.
disconnected the battery for 30min, all good now (cycled the windows and entered the time and date), runs good.
thx Bill
i'll install the scoop and washer bottle from Apex next week
Attached Images
 
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!
 
QmaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 202
I haven't started any mods to my 2SS M6 yet and I was thinking that this might be the first one I would do.

I am wondering though, how much more horsepower do you think a CAI adds?
QmaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
paul84043
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 174
I didn't really feel any extra power when I did the Araid CAI and the full catback, but my fuel mileage did jump up 2+ mpg.
It's GOT to be a good thing to get her breathing better though.

Do the catch can as soon as you can. It will scare the crap out of you how much oil you're sucking back into the intake.....
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!
 
QmaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dallastown, PA
Posts: 202
Yes the catch can is the other one on my short list.
QmaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
installed my CAI today and the install went smooth until...........
fired it up, the idle stumbled a bit then smoothed out and got the CEL, crud!
called Bill at CAI, he said that he had not seen a CEL unless an installation error. i pride myself on being fairly mechanically inclined. we went through the install and how the clean side was hooked up. i complicated things by saying that i have the 12653073 GM breather and the hose comes from the can.
then he asked if i disconnected the battery, i said "no" because i'm not doing anything electrical.....he chuckled and said it is required because of the increased air flow.
disconnected the battery for 30min, all good now (cycled the windows and entered the time and date), runs good.
thx Bill
i'll install the scoop and washer bottle from Apex next week
Looks great man, glad I could help you out! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QmaroSS View Post
I haven't started any mods to my 2SS M6 yet and I was thinking that this might be the first one I would do.

I am wondering though, how much more horsepower do you think a CAI adds?
15 RWHP over stock, up to 18+ RWHP if you add a scoop. Aside from the added HP, the biggest gains you will notice will be improved throttle response, better exhaust tone at WOT, and the obvious fact that it looks really nice under the hood!

Let us know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.