Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
GFX front splitter install, I'm LOSING IT!!!!

I have a special place in hell reserved for whoever designed the attachment system for this. I am stuck and ready to kill someone/thing.

Got the splitter snapped over the 2 nose clamps. Now I have one snapped about a foot towards the drivers side but there is a section between that did not slide over the rails that pop riveted on. Can't frikin' budge the section that's clamped and can't get the middle section to pop in. Can't even get started on the passengers side as the splitter won't slide over the rails at all next to the nose part that's clamped on and won't budge. Been dicking with this for at least an hour and my last good nerve is dangerously frayed.

If the idiot/engineer would have made the rails on the splitter one piece, like rails on the fascia instead of putting gaps in it this would not have happened.

Any tips? Please and a million thanks if you can help me out.

Failing that, how about some spare ammo and a ticket to Detroit.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
willhe64

Got it. I hulk raged and tore that mofo off. Then, contrary to the bloody instructions, I started at the outside corners and worked my way to the middle. It was super easy that way. Time for GM to change the instructions I think.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
lol. Glad it worked out for ya.
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
willhe64

OMFG! This day needs to go away! ~makes cross sign at calendar and hisses~

Got it all perfect. Cleaned up my garage. Beautiful Saturday. Buddy stopped by and I took him for a cruise. We decided to hit a pub for lunch.

Pulled in and CRRRRRUUNNCCCHHH. I brain farted and hit the sidewalk in front of the pub. NO EXCUSES. I've had the car for 2 years and never come close to a curb. The GFX aren't any lower than stock either. I know enough to be careful pulling in. So the drivers side front is gouged bad along the face of that stupid splitter I spent most of a day trying to install. Had it on for what? An hour before I KO'ed it.

Anyways. I had an appointment already on the 11th to get the nose, rockers, mirrors, window frame and lower rear quarters wrapped with the self healing expel ultimate. I'm gonna sand and prep the splitter and have it wrapped in argent gray instead, so if I do this again it will be an easy fix. ORRR! Do the whole gfx kit in medium charcoal to match the stripes on my 45th. I hope they can get that color. What you say? Should I?

FML.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
dude ... bummmer man. I was gonna ask to see it installed as I an thinking about getting a splitter. Did you take any pics before the mishap??
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
willhe64

Nope, didn't even get pics done. Doesn't look too bad though. I'll take some today. The splitter looks great on the car. I'd go for it.