Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


View Poll Results: What should be done with the Lounges that were moved?
Return the lounges to their original state 19 51.35%
Follow Mike's compromise 5 13.51%
Keep the lounges as off topic 13 35.14%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #35
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
After 100 posts, so far all I have is:

V8's ROCK
Fast6 is GREAT
Detroit got their @ss kicked
V8 or GO HOME
God bless our troops!

All it is, is a post whore thread with a V8 bias...

As far as the poll goes, I can already tell you who most of the folks are that voted to restore it, even if it is a private poll. If you want an un-biased (somewhat) poll, post it in off topic.
If we put it in the off topic, it would be in the wrong section
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,863
I think there may be some confusion between two different threads here... the help desk thread is a GREAT idea, as long as it stays on point....

..... the V8 Lounge thread, you can call a pig Rosie, but that don't make it smell pretty.

Admit it, you're just a bunch of post whores, you just haven't come to terms with it yet..... That's why I'm here, to help.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I think there may be some confusion between two different threads here... the help desk thread is a GREAT idea, as long as it stays on point....

..... the V8 Lounge thread, you can call a pig Rosie, but that don't make it smell pretty.

Admit it, you're just a bunch of post whores, you just haven't come to terms with it yet..... That's why I'm here, to help.
You're clueless. If we just wanted to post whore we wouldn't be complaining about this.
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #38
thahemp
Geek
 
thahemp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
After 100 posts, so far all I have is:

V8's ROCK
Fast6 is GREAT
Detroit got their @ss kicked
V8 or GO HOME
God bless our troops!

All it is, is a post whore thread with a V8 bias...

As far as the poll goes, I can already tell you who most of the folks are that voted to restore it, even if it is a private poll. If you want an un-biased (somewhat) poll, post it in off topic.
Nice 3% sample. Definitely some post whoring going on in there too. Skip to page 5 or so after everyone settled down.
__________________
01000111011011110110111101100100001000000110110001 11010101100011011010110010000001110111011010010111 01000110100000100000011101000110100001101001011100 110010000001101111011011100110010100100001

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
You're clueless. If we just wanted to post whore we wouldn't be complaining about this.
Yeah, that's me, the village idiot.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #40
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
Nice 3% sample. Definitely some post whoring going on in there too. Skip to page 5 or so after everyone settled down.
I'm done trying to reason with you... NO ONE goes thru 3 pages of whoring to try & find information, and mods don't have time to run behind you cleaning up threads to try & make them useful. Even when they do, everyone bitches because their post was deleted.


Good luck with your quest.

I'm out.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #41
thahemp
Geek
 
thahemp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 4,321
Thanks for your insights.
__________________
01000111011011110110111101100100001000000110110001 11010101100011011010110010000001110111011010010111 01000110100000100000011101000110100001101001011100 110010000001101111011011100110010100100001

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #42
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,214
I've never actually posted in the V8 Lounge and just now realized it's only been here barely over a month. The name itself screams chat room and doesn't seem to me that it would draw questions like a Help Desk would. Forgive me, as I'm probably missing something because the OP has changed and I've never read it.

I for one do like to see all the new people post "what is the best CAI" and then hear answers from everyone not just 5 or 6 in a lounge. Some of their crazy questions sometimes end up as the best threads and I hate slow that down. Can't tell you how many times I've rolled my eyes at a new thread and then posted in it 20 times.

It also helps to have individual threads for the search engine. Don't get me wrong, I like what you guys are doing in the lounge and the service you provide to members both in the lounge and other threads. This is what makes C5 tick. People learn to respect certain members advice and you guys have attained this type respect. I like to see it spread out among specific targeted subject threads instead of one place. Maybe use the V8 Lounge in Off Topic to discuss and alert your crew to threads that need answers.

I've never been a lounge person myself, despite what my post count says. I guess because I get sidetracked and end up moving around many different threads. If I do end up chatting in a lounge I miss a lot of stuff in other threads.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #43
thahemp
Geek
 
thahemp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 4,321
That is a fair point of view mlee. I might see things a little differently, but i wouldn't call any of your points wrong. I can see we're not going to win you guys over. Can i request some leniency on the help desk thread trimming? No one is going to browse that looking for answers anyways. They can just ask, and the thread is titled and marketed appropriately so that people understand how to use it. We'll leave the OP alone so it remains evident.
__________________
01000111011011110110111101100100001000000110110001 11010101100011011010110010000001110111011010010111 01000110100000100000011101000110100001101001011100 110010000001101111011011100110010100100001

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #44
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
That is a fair point of view mlee. I might see things a little differently, but i wouldn't call any of your points wrong. I can see we're not going to win you guys over. Can i request some leniency on the help desk thread trimming? No one is going to browse that looking for answers anyways. They can just ask, and the thread is titled and marketed appropriately so that people understand how to use it. We'll leave the OP alone so it remains evident.
Don't read anything into my post... just me expressing my view of chat threads... I also had no idea the V8 help desk was out there. Wouldn't it have been better to just re-brand the old thread...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #45
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown
 
Mchlgrrsn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Don't read anything into my post... just me expressing my view of chat threads... I also had no idea the V8 help desk was out there. Wouldn't it have been better to just re-brand the old thread...
With all do respect. I don't see what was so wrong with our other thread. Why it was so important to move it. Obviously since its been moved its been destroyed.
__________________
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #46
thahemp
Geek
 
thahemp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 4,321
Thanks for posting mlee. I was never a lounge type either until here. Weird for me, but it is what keeps me active i have to admit. Too bad that doesn't jive with forum ideals i guess.
__________________
01000111011011110110111101100100001000000110110001 11010101100011011010110010000001110111011010010111 01000110100000100000011101000110100001101001011100 110010000001101111011011100110010100100001

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #47
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
Thanks for posting mlee. I was never a lounge type either until here. Weird for me, but it is what keeps me active i have to admit. Too bad that doesn't jive with forum ideals i guess.
Actually now that I've looked through it I could enjoy that lounge too. I however don't look at the link path and don't really care where it's at. The information and talk can still remain the same. That's sort of up to you guys IMHO.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #48
thahemp
Geek
 
thahemp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
With all do respect. I don't see what was so wrong with our other thread. Why it was so important to move it. Obviously since its been moved its been destroyed.
Yeah, that's where i get stuck too. I think the answer is "Because". Now it's a situation where it is done, and moving it back has to make it through an unwinnable debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Actually now that I've looked through it I could enjoy that lounge too. I however don't look at the link path and don't really care where it's at. The information and talk can still remain the same. That's sort of up to you guys IMHO.
We picked up Solomon, FosterSS, DarkneSS (just off the top of my head) by being where we were. A certain type of person frequents the V8 technical section (as opposed to the general discussion forum), that is the type of person that we have managed to create a collection of. They are actively modifying their cars and grow to be contributors in a very short amount of time. I would argue that a lounge in the off-topic section doesn't champion that mentality at all.

::EDIT::

Technically speaking... we picked up all posting members by being where we were at. I have never been to the off-topic section until this past week.
__________________
01000111011011110110111101100100001000000110110001 11010101100011011010110010000001110111011010010111 01000110100000100000011101000110100001101001011100 110010000001101111011011100110010100100001

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #49
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Don't read anything into my post... just me expressing my view of chat threads... I also had no idea the V8 help desk was out there. Wouldn't it have been better to just re-brand the old thread...
I agree. Can we jut merge the two and name the lounge the help desk?
Thanks for your opinions Mike, it's nice to see someone looking into it
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #50
thahemp
Geek
 
thahemp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 4,321
Just did a quick survey of threads over 1000 posts. You guys have a lot more cleaning up to do. I'm not throwing anyone under the bus.
__________________
01000111011011110110111101100100001000000110110001 11010101100011011010110010000001110111011010010111 01000110100000100000011101000110100001101001011100 110010000001101111011011100110010100100001

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #51
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
We picked up Solomon, FosterSS, DarkneSS (just off the top of my head) by being where we were. A certain type of person frequents the V8 technical section (as opposed to the general discussion forum), that is the type of person that we have managed to create a collection of. They are actively modifying their cars and grow to be contributors in a very short amount of time. I would argue that a lounge in the off-topic section doesn't champion that mentality at all.

::EDIT::

Technically speaking... we picked up all posting members by being where we were at. I have never been to the off-topic section until this past week.
I don't really spend any time posting in off topic threads, another good point...

Maybe these threads should be moved back and just have slightly tighter moderation?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.