Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New members, come introduce yourselves here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
Howdy from a 6th time Camaro owner!

Hey all!

Well, I just picked up my 6th Camaro of my lifetime...a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, 6 speed manual. Gotta love these things!

I'm out in the wonderful world of Las Vegas and this heat definitely stinks this summer...already! :(

But hey, I just got my new to me Camaro, so I'm definitely a happy camper!

Pics are in "My Garage".

As for my previous Camaros (in case you were wondering):
1977 Camaro
1985 Camaro Z/28
1991 Camaro RS
1979 Camaro Z/28
1971 Camaro RS

So, since I've never had an SS, I figured, why the heck not?!

I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Hoping to meet up with some of the local C5 people sometime soon.

Have a good one and thanks for running an awesome website!
Mat
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography

Last edited by R1_Demon; 06-30-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added list of Camaros
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
Hey all!

Well, I just picked up my 6th Camaro of my lifetime...a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, 6 speed manual. Gotta love these things!

I'm out in the wonderful world of Las Vegas and this heat definitely stinks this summer...already! :(

But hey, I just got my new to me Camaro, so I'm definitely a happy camper!

Pics are in "My Garage".

I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Hoping to meet up with some of the local C5 people sometime soon.

Have a good one and thanks for running an awesome website!
Mat
Hello Mat,

Congratulations on your 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS! You're going to enjoy every second of it! Let us know if you have any questions. We're here to assist as much as possible.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
William - I appreciate that. I'm already quite enjoying the vehicle! I've been going through the Owner's Manual (ya, I'm actually reading the thing, cover to cover - Scary, huh? LOL!) and have come up with a couple of questions that I've posted up here on C5. Just waiting for someone to post up some thoughts/answers. We'll see what happens.

The car only has 15k on the clock for a 2010 and was in southern AZ it's whole life (till now), so I think they didn't drive it very much and let the battery die. I don't know if this ruined the battery yet or not. I'm trying to get back into the dealer tomorrow (just picked up the car on Friday) for a load test on the battery. Even though I fully charged it back to 100% (it was 25% when I put my charger on it), it still seems to turn over slowly (at least it seems slow to me). So, I want to get it checked out. Plus, I haven't seen any DIC messages come up at all, so I don't know if the previous owner turned them off or if something is wrong with my DIC or just that I don't have any messages that need to show up right now. :-/

Sooo, just a couple of small questions, but nothing bad...I hope.

Oh and I'm originally from the Motor City, so maybe that's why I'm on my 6th Camaro. ;-)
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 15,377
Mat, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
Nice fridge, Sir Nuke and thanks for the welcome!

Bring on the food fights!


Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
Jus1dab


 
Jus1dab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 4,215
Congrats and welcome to Camaro5!
__________________
Jus1dab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
family man

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: .
Posts: 1,128
Welcome Mat.

LOL, I just made a funny, welcome, mat. Look at me when I'm talking to you boy.

family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
LOL! Thanks all. Much appreciated. :-)

I'm lookin', I'm lookin! LOL!


Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Rod10269
Hot Rod
 
Rod10269's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z28,69 SS 396,67 Chevelle
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bessemer City NC
Posts: 114
The SS spins over slowly for what ever reason i do not know..mine has always cranked slower than any other performance car i have owned but it has never failed to crank and welcome to the C5
Rod10269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
William - I appreciate that. I'm already quite enjoying the vehicle! I've been going through the Owner's Manual (ya, I'm actually reading the thing, cover to cover - Scary, huh? LOL!) and have come up with a couple of questions that I've posted up here on C5. Just waiting for someone to post up some thoughts/answers. We'll see what happens.

The car only has 15k on the clock for a 2010 and was in southern AZ it's whole life (till now), so I think they didn't drive it very much and let the battery die. I don't know if this ruined the battery yet or not. I'm trying to get back into the dealer tomorrow (just picked up the car on Friday) for a load test on the battery. Even though I fully charged it back to 100% (it was 25% when I put my charger on it), it still seems to turn over slowly (at least it seems slow to me). So, I want to get it checked out. Plus, I haven't seen any DIC messages come up at all, so I don't know if the previous owner turned them off or if something is wrong with my DIC or just that I don't have any messages that need to show up right now. :-/

Sooo, just a couple of small questions, but nothing bad...I hope.

Oh and I'm originally from the Motor City, so maybe that's why I'm on my 6th Camaro. ;-)
R1_Demon,

Well definitely provide updates regarding your concerns. Your loyalty to Chevrolet is simply outstanding! We certainly appreciate that and commend you for reading through the owner's manual. Very helpful item!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
AutoAgenda



 
AutoAgenda's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 5,159
Welcome to
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod10269 View Post
The SS spins over slowly for what ever reason i do not know..mine has always cranked slower than any other performance car i have owned but it has never failed to crank and welcome to the C5
Thanks for the welcome and the info, Rod. Since charging the battery when I first got the car, it has been consistent. Like you said, it seems slow, but consistent. I even started my wife's 2012 Mustang (V6) that we just got and that almost seems to do the same. Maybe just a touch faster. So, I guess that's the style of the new cars.

I already have an appt on Fri for them to check the battery and the charging system, so I'll just let them do that and see what goes. :-)



Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
Thanks AutoAgenda!


Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
William - I'll be sure to post up my findings once the dealer has a look at the battery/charging system.

As for the DIC, I started seeing messages the other day, so maybe I was missing them or something. I don't know. Either that or not every message in the OM comes up.

So, were just down to the possible battery/charging issue.



Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
panther2469


 
panther2469's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 5,087
Welcome to C5
__________________
panther2469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 5,678
Welcome to Camaro5 and congrats on the SS!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
Silver85IrocZ

 
Drives: '13 VR 1LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gateway to the West
Posts: 2,069
Welcome to the Site and
Congrats on the New Ride ! !


just got my 3rd Camaro today,
2 previous were 86 and 85 Iroc-Z's !
__________________
2013 Camaro 1LT/Auto/18's/Sunroof/Spare Tire.
RotoFab Cai, 1LE strut bar,Gm 4 pack guages,
G.S. Hashmarks ,Gill stripes and Bowties in
3d Carbon vinyl ,Opti-coat 2.0 Applied
Built on or about 5 Jun 13 7:58 am - Adopted 5 Jul 13
Silver85IrocZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #18
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
Thanks all! and congrats to you as well, Silver!
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
William - I'll be sure to post up my findings once the dealer has a look at the battery/charging system.

As for the DIC, I started seeing messages the other day, so maybe I was missing them or something. I don't know. Either that or not every message in the OM comes up.

So, were just down to the possible battery/charging issue.



Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good,

Definitely keep us updated!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
William,

Well, the dealer said it sounded fine and "normal" when they turned it over several times. They told me to keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks and check it a week before my 30 day warranty is up and if the battery is low again, they will replace it.

So, so far, it has been fine since I charged it last week. I'll wait a couple of weeks, test it again and see what gives. :-)



Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
William,

Well, the dealer said it sounded fine and "normal" when they turned it over several times. They told me to keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks and check it a week before my 30 day warranty is up and if the battery is low again, they will replace it.

So, so far, it has been fine since I charged it last week. I'll wait a couple of weeks, test it again and see what gives. :-)



Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the quick update,

By all means, keep a close eye on it and let me or your dealer know if something is not right. We'll do our best to get your concerns addressed and corrected if necessary.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!
 
R1_Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Victory Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Devil's Playground
Posts: 55
Cool.

William, I do have a quick question, if you can help me.

I'd LOVE to get an original copy of the monroney sticker for my 2010 SS. How do I go about obtaining one? Does it cost anything to get one?

Thank you!
Mat G.
__________________
- Mat
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Victory Red w/Black stripes
No mods...yet!
South Bay Photography
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
Cool.

William, I do have a quick question, if you can help me.

I'd LOVE to get an original copy of the monroney sticker for my 2010 SS. How do I go about obtaining one? Does it cost anything to get one?

Thank you!
Mat G.
Let me see what I can do,

Could you send me your VIN so I can check with my internal resources Mat?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
xVengeancex28


 
xVengeancex28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,406
welcome!
__________________
Click Sig For Graphics Page On Facebook
xVengeancex28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #25
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,989
Congrats and welcome to the best Camaro forum ever
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.