Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Hydro FROG

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Send a message via AIM to Hydro FROG Send a message via Yahoo to Hydro FROG
Question about the alarm???

Ordered my 2SS/RS with the LS3 back in october. It arrived at my dealer, and i picked it up this past monday the 30th of June. I absolutly love my car, and don't have a single complaint.

I do however, have a question. I know that the 2SS has a theift deterent system on it. I read in the Manual where it says that if someone trys to break in while the car is locked, that it will notify you when you unlock the car. My issue is, when the car is parked in the garage, the alarm will go off, then when i turn the alarm off, and unlock the car, the DIC will tell me THEIFT ATTEMPED. This happened twice in the past 3 days. I am just curious if anyone else has had this happen? Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Hasn't happened to me. I was actually wondering how I might be able to trigger my alarm.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Mine actually went off and the alarm (horn was sounding non stop) Then every time I put the key in and turned it it would go off again. After giving up and parking it so I could go in and read the manual. I figured where the horn fuse was #51 in the box under the hood BTW, I was going to pull it and drive to dealer. The dang thing stopped having the problem. Figured it was a great Canadian gremlin just messing with me. You do know that Big Foot is real right?
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Hydro FROG

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Send a message via AIM to Hydro FROG Send a message via Yahoo to Hydro FROG
Well, took my car into the dealer today to get an oil change, and also to see if they could turn the sensitivity down on the theft deterent system. After being there for 3hrs they told me that they could not figure out how to turn it down. So on monday, they are going to call GM technical support to see if they can get any help from them.