Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #51
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Man, I really hope that GBrilliantQ does not get bit again. After his debacle with HPs, I'd sell my camaro and buy a Prius.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #52
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Man, I really hope that GBrilliantQ does not get bit again. After his debacle with HPs, I'd sell my camaro and buy a Prius.
funny thing.... IIRC, GBrilliantQ's nightmare problems with HPS had to do with Chris (aka HPS) pointing all his F-ups at his outside vendors or suppliers. he (as in Chris) would say how this person let him down and how that person let him down. this was the reason(s) why Chris was never at fault. instead it was everyone elses' fault.... (you know how that goes.)

now we have the main subject of this thread in question. how he's so busy doing this and how he can't get nothing done because he can't find any reliable help because of blah, blah, blah..... well, you know the old song, "Cry me a river......."

maybe some people aren't cut out to run a business and some people are. in any case, I think I would hire someone who knows how to run a business and who knows how to PROMPTLY return emails and phone calls so customers do not get ignored. instead, he hangs out on this forum (and obviously others as well) and continues to act the way he does in turn getting suspended in multiple occassions.

it's obvious I feel zero sympathy for RX mainly because of the way I was treated with my catch can order. Tracy can say what he wants but in the end him and I know the truth. whether he can ever man up and tell the truth is up to him. I really believe in what comes around goes around. I think some very, very bad weather is in RX's present and near future.

Good Lord, just look at this section of the forum alone. there are three threads on the main page all about horrible experiences with RX. what the heck does that say???
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders. That's the way it was with HPS.Chris was taking money from one guy to finish another's. By the time I figured out I was Peter it was to late. In the end someone will be losing a lot of money if this keeps going cause they will be the last Peter!

Last edited by JLE58; 07-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #54
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders.
BINGO!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #55
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
Quote:
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders. That's the way it was with HPS.Chris was taking money from one guy to finish another's. By the time I figured out I was Peter and it was to late. In the end someone will be losing a lot of money if this keeps going cause they will be the last Peter!
Well said.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #56
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I'd get a volt over that vagmobile.

From my Note
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #57
StreetSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders. That's the way it was with HPS.Chris was taking money from one guy to finish another's. By the time I figured out I was Peter it was to late. In the end someone will be losing a lot of money if this keeps going cause they will be the last Peter!
Ponzi scheme w/ catch cans.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #58
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Quote:
If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders. That's the way it was with HPS. Chris was taking money from one guy to finish another's. By the time I figured out I was Peter it was to late. In the end someone will be losing a lot of money if this keeps going cause they will be the last Peter!
Nailed it!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #59
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Ponzi scheme w/ catch cans.
this is hilarious because I was explaining the situation to my buddy earlier and I literally said "think of a ponzi scheme but with catch cans."
Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #60
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
anyone running one of these?
http://www.rippmods.com/30psi_PCV_Valve_p/pcv1.htm
Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #61
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
Their names says it all. Save your money.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 07-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #62
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Their names says it all. Save our money.

Freudian slip? Our money?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #63
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post

Freudian slip? Our money?
Nice.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #64
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Quote:
Just curious as to why, I have not seen other valves like this, is there a better alternative?. Seems like a quality piece, but I have never actually seen one.

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #65
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Seen one on a cts coupe at a performance shop I have gone to. Ill have to ask next time I'm there.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #66
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
cant speak for the product but they (ripp modifications) are a legit place, they do most of their work on import cars however,
Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #67
LBV

Drives: G8 GXP manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I didn't understand the reason for the check valves either. Without the check valve if you install the can improperly it shouldn't blow out the rear main seal. There is also no chance a valve will stick and cause issues. Anyone know the explanation for the check valves?
I've had no issues with RX with my catch-can but I also removed the check-valve as I was getting back-firing on shifts. Figured as you and the other poster said that the stock piece allows free flow between the manifold and the intake so why block 1 path with the check-valve.

Tracy happily took my ported TB back too when I didn't like it so myself I have no complaints but it does sound like he's getting too busy for his own good right now.

Zeta platform, LS3,TR6060 tranny ... ya, it's a 4-dr Camaro!

Borla cat-back, H&R springs, & Sprintbooster & I love it!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #68
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV View Post
I've had no issues with RX with my catch-can but I also removed the check-valve as I was getting back-firing on shifts. Figured as you and the other poster said that the stock piece allows free flow between the manifold and the intake so why block 1 path with the check-valve.

Tracy happily took my ported TB back too when I didn't like it so myself I have no complaints but it does sound like he's getting too busy for his own good right now.
How do you remove the check valve?
Can I ask what you didn't like about the ported TB?

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #69
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
I would be very curious to see what is found if someone were to slice open their catch can.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305477

I put my catch can on at 10k miles without ever taking the IM off and examining the valves. Who knows what was there before but the fact that I've done two upper induction cleanings with both BG and MOC chemicals at the dealership make me wonder. The can is definitely catching oil, I should put something on the other side of the hose to verify it's getting all of it.

Last edited by ChadG; 07-07-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Closed Thread