Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Long overdue RX review

My Rx Performance Review

I called Tracy in late may 2011 and was told that I would recieve my "kit" in 2 weeks. That was all OK. The initial 2 weeks goes by and I give Tracy a call. I get the standard "I've been sick I will get it out tomorrow" excuse.

I give it a few days and call again and am told it would ship out end of week. Blah blah

I called at end of week and excuses keep coming. So a month and a half passes by and I call Tracy and was threatened to never recieve my kit if I keep calling. My stupid a$$ self stops calling and then 2-3 weeks later I get part of my kit and the next week I finally get what I thought was the entire kit

I was missing clamps, couplers, bolts, the bracket was way off by 1/4" to line up with the crank pulley. I had to shim the bracket to work but he sent me the missing parts a week later.

The "kit" did not properly line up and my installer had to customize it to fit properly. Thank God I had a awesome installer! Thanks Jaime!

Overall I was not satisfied with my experience with Tracy @ Rx.

I never posted this due to the fact I had Tracy's crap on my car and need a backup plan incase of a major malfunction.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
the worst part is you now drive a Silverado!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
the worst part is you now drive a Silverado!
Yes :(
Old 07-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Jamie has a lot of experiance and is a stand up guy, and when he had trouble with the kit that was a red flag.

Hope this wasn't the reason you sold the Camaro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I do not believe you are the only person who decided not to speak out for fear of being stuck with a "kit" that doesn't function properly. I'm sure there are others.

Thanks for posting
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Subscribed for future reference.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
These threads are painful... wonder if too much business has precipitated the downfall. I have an Rx can purchased from the members marketplace, no issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by tramtwo; 07-05-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #8
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
I have had a terrible time with tracy and the RX crew as well... I finally after getting all the sob stories in the world had to bother him day after day to get my refund...

He called me names and said I was crazy and so on, just nothing i have ever seen from someone who is running a biz...

Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
I have had a terrible time with tracy and the RX crew as well... I finally after getting all the sob stories in the world had to bother him day after day to get my refund...

He called me names and said I was crazy and so on, just nothing i have ever seen from someone who is running a biz...
Why did you feel the need to post in every RX thread?
Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
glad I didn't buy your kit! lol
Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Seems like you have plenty of posts in all the RX threads as well sir. Being a bit hypocritical are we?

DMVC5
Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I see no problem with it, he's voicing his opinion. Kind of like all the AAC posts I see you reply in showing support for them.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
tramtwo

Old 07-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
SWAG1LE

Yeap RX is ummm...yeah

I just ordered my Elite this morning. RX refunded my money last week in a hurry. Thanks to PayPal!
Future: 21 CMC ported & polished LS3 L92 cylinder heads/Three angle valve job, hand blending of valve seats/CC chambers, surface, set spring heights and assembly/Heavy Duty double valve springs, titanium retainers,10 degree locks & seals/21CMC custom hydraulic roller camshaft/TS Long tube stainless headers /Ported & polished throttle body/160 degree thermostat/NGK V-Power Spark Plugs/Roto-fab Air Intake. OR Procharger Or ZL1
Old 07-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I understand there are a lot of frustrated RX customers right now as we all see a growing number of threads of disappointment, but I don't understand why someone would create this thread 2 years after the fact.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I understand there are a lot of frustrated RX customers right now as we all see a growing number of threads of disappointment, but I don't understand why someone would create this thread 2 years after the fact.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 05 Jag S type R
I ordered a breather for my LS3 and wanted the one with the check valve. When it arrived it was minus the check Valve. I called Traci, explained what I needed and he sent the right one out immediately. He didn't even want the non check breather back as he thought it not worth the effort. I found him to be courteous, respectful and responsive. Perhaps because my attitude was the same towards him, I received the same back. Just sayin.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, No Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Quote:
It's called being afraid to voice my opinion about the subject due to the stories about Tracy. I wanted to voice my experiebe with RX so no one else goes through what I and many others have gone through.

But if you don't agree with my review then you can say so and move along
Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Quote:
It also took Alex a year to sell his kit. He wanted to make sure the buyer was happy before he came on here to voice his concern.

If you don't like his thread, move on.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
It also took Alex a year to sell his kit. He wanted to make sure the buyer was happy before he came on here to voice his concern.

If you don't like his thread, move on.
+1
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I ordered a breather for my LS3 and wanted the one with the check valve. When it arrived it was minus the check Valve. I called Traci, explained what I needed and he sent the right one out immediately. He didn't even want the non check breather back as he thought it not worth the effort. I found him to be courteous, respectful and responsive. Perhaps because my attitude was the same towards him, I received the same back. Just sayin.
I think mainly because you are dealing with a very simple, low cost item like a breather, which apparently wasn't even right the first time. This thread is actually dealing with RX's inability to deliver, as promised a quality supercharger "kit". Seems Mr. Lewis responds very quickly to your type of issue but that does not seem to be the case when dealing with customers that have bought his supercharger or turbo kits.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #23
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I think mainly because you are dealing with a very simple, low cost item like a breather, which apparently wasn't even right the first time. This thread is actually dealing with RX's inability to deliver, as promised a quality supercharger "kit". Seems Mr. Lewis responds very quickly to your type of issue but that does not seem to be the case when dealing with customers that have bought his supercharger or turbo kits.
It's a business technique. Provide good customer service on a cheap product, and then people will return to buy your more expensive products. Unfortunately with RX, when they have your money for their expensive products, they screw you over.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged

Above is the "crappy product" v6 owner sold to Pardo....seems he is pretty happy with our service, the quality, and supporting him even though he did not buy it from us, and we supplied him all the upgraded/updated parts at no cost either. Seems we nailed the tune pretty close first time as well.

I ask anyone seeing this drama to just click on the haters username, "find more posts", and see who they are praising. The story becomes perfectly clear then.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303

I would imagine they are probably praising the people that actually fixed their cars and got them running right, after they removed them from your "shop", not running, after 4 months "work" by your "shop"....

Or, there are those of us that did our thorough research first and just took our cars straight to the good shops in the first place to avoid the plight of all the other people that were not so lucky.

At this point you should probably just concentrate on actually doing good work, and generating some positive reviews rather than trying to convince people it is just "haters" out to get you.

Actions speak louder than words - you would do well to remember that

Closed Thread