Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Opinions on Cold air inductions intake??

So I'm thinking about buying an intake from CAI inc, they seem to have the best gains on Horsepower and claim to have increase on MPG. To those who have installed this intake, how satisfied are you? Have you actually seen any significant gains? Thanks guys.
Rafael205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
High quality intake, definitely felt the gains after i installed it. One of my favorite mods
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
High quality intake, definitely felt the gains after i installed it. One of my favorite mods
Cool, any warranty issues??
Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I wouldn't focus on the claimed HP gains....there's to much ambiguity out there, he said she said, you didnt use my Dyno type stuff.....mostly they all give better throttle response and improve the sound of your car....dont get me wrong, there was an obvious improvement to my cars response when I put it on, just wouldn't bet the farm on HP returns...

I would look at the major brands and go with what you think will look the best....

I preferred the CAI because the enclosed casing looked finished and in my opinion cleaner over all....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I wouldn't focus on the claimed HP gains....there's to much ambiguity out there, he said she said, you didnt use my Dyno type stuff.....mostly they all give better throttle response and improve the sound of your car....dont get me wrong, there was an obvious improvement to my cars response when I put it on, just wouldn't bet the farm on HP returns...

I would look at the major brands and go with what you think will look the best....

I preferred the CAI because the enclosed casing looked finished and in my opinion cleaner over all....
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.. That's pretty much why I've been on the fence about this mod..
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.. That's pretty much why I've been on the fence about this mod..
I still recommend it, it improves the sound, and I for one had a definite throttle response improvement....it is an upgrade in several ways, well worth getting. I wouldn't get it solely for HP though if thats the only reason you wanted it....

If I had it to do all over again, I would get it again without hesitating.

plus an oil filter is so much better than just paper
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
harrycamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro lt w/ chrome 20's
Do it. I've never heard anyone talk badly about intakes.

Also we can compare performance when I finish my homemade intake! Lol
harrycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I still recommend it, it improves the sound, and I for one had a definite throttle response improvement....it is an upgrade in several ways, well worth getting. I wouldn't get it solely for HP though if thats the only reason you wanted it....

If I had it to do all over again, I would get it again without hesitating.

plus an oil filter is so much better than just paper
What interested me the most about this intake is that it seems to be well rounded, based on tests that have been performed and what gains the manufacturer claims. It seems to have a good balance between HP and MPG gains. Not like other intakes that might increase HP but lower your MPG.. This car is my daily driver so MPG increase is a plus in my book.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycamaro View Post
Do it. I've never heard anyone talk badly about intakes.

Also we can compare performance when I finish my homemade intake! Lol
Lol yeah that'd be cool. I just gotta figure out if it would mess with warranty. You know how dealers can be.. I've read some threads on here where guys would get their warranty voided just because they installed an aftermarket intake.. by law, the dealership must be able to prove that whatever is malfunctioning in your vehicle is caused by your aftermarket mods in order for them to void the warranty. Some dealers don't believe in that and will make it a hassle for them to go through the whole process of finding the cause for whatever might malfunction in the vehicle..
Old 07-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #10
harrycamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro lt w/ chrome 20's
Just put the stock one back before you take it in. You can go talk to your dealership about it too.
harrycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycamaro View Post
Just put the stock one back before you take it in. You can go talk to your dealership about it too.
Yeah it's worth a shot...
Old 07-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #12
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Get it, install it, you won't be sorry. And yes, my MPG did improve. So did my permagrin.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #13
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
Lol yeah that'd be cool. I just gotta figure out if it would mess with warranty. You know how dealers can be.. I've read some threads on here where guys would get their warranty voided just because they installed an aftermarket intake.. by law, the dealership must be able to prove that whatever is malfunctioning in your vehicle is caused by your aftermarket mods in order for them to void the warranty. Some dealers don't believe in that and will make it a hassle for them to go through the whole process of finding the cause for whatever might malfunction in the vehicle..
If you're not tuning no way a CAI is going to void your warranty. You will win that fight all day long.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Get it, install it, you won't be sorry. And yes, my MPG did improve. So did my permagrin.
Lol.. How big of an MPG increase did you notice?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #15
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you're not tuning no way a CAI is going to void your warranty. You will win that fight all day long.
Sounds good to me then, I think it'd be ridiculous of a dealer to do that to someone.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Check out what Chase posted. It should give you more info than yu will ever need on intakes.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #17
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Check out what Chase posted. It should give you more info than yu will ever need on intakes.
It's a very informative read. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #18
Muddflap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
In my opinion if you are worried about MPG you aren't driving you car right...... I went with that ADM CAI with race scoop. I could feel a better/quicker response. I drive my camaro like I stole it so to me mpg means nothing but from what others say it does help.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #19
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
In my opinion if you are worried about MPG you aren't driving you car right...... I went with that ADM CAI with race scoop. I could feel a better/quicker response. I drive my camaro like I stole it so to me mpg means nothing but from what others say it does help.
It's not that my MPG is that bad, it just never hurts to improve it you know? I'm averaging about 22.5MPG overall, which is what the sticker claims I should average, so I'm not disappointed, it wouldn't hurt to improve it a little bit though right?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
Muddflap

It never hurts if that's what you are looking for. I think I might average about 10 MPG in my car. Haha.... All CAI will increase you mpg just for the simple fact that you car is breathing better. It's almost like checking your mpg with a dirty air filter compared to a clean air filter.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #21
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
It never hurts if that's what you are looking for. I think I might average about 10 MPG in my car. Haha.... All CAI will increase you mpg just for the simple fact that you car is breathing better. It's almost like checking your mpg with a dirty air filter compared to a clean air filter.
Jeez, do you do a lot of driving in town with your right foot buried into the ground?? lol and Right.. It's allowing the engine to run more efficiently, therefore consuming less fuel.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #22
Muddflap

Exactly
Old 07-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I installed one 2 years ago and IMO its one of the best mods out there for a V6 Camaro. It looks great makes the car sound better and if you can keep your foot out of it to hear the better sound you will get a little better MPG. I would say I got 1 to 1.5 increase.

I would not worry about warranty issues my dealer has never said a word to me about mine when I take it in for service or a warranty issue. As for gains the response is noticeable on acceleration I have not been on a dyno so I cant give you any accurate numbers but I definitely felt a difference. Couple it up with an aftermarket exhaust and it will sound even better. Its a simple install that should take less than an hour even for a novice.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
They are a great bang for the buck. Great looking and performing intake system. I highly recommend them. Feel free to call, PM or email me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
Rafael205

Thanks guys for the all the input, I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on this one.

Tags
cai, cold air inductions inc