Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 728
I just went to look at a 1LE at the dealership and...

....no, I didn't buy it, but thought I would share my experience. My local dealer had a AGM in stock, and since these darn 1LEs are so rare, I wanted to go take a look. I was on eggshells trying to avoid salesmen, because I wanted to get in and out quick. It was on the showroom floor, so a nice gentleman approached me and started talking to me....conversation went something like this:

ME: I'm interested in a 2014 1LE - I want the recaro seats, etc.. but I wanted to see what this color looked like on the 2013 you have
SALESGUY: Oh this car is awesome. It rides so great with the electronic magnetic suspension
ME: *pushes mute button and nods head up and down*
SALESGUY: They've released pictures for the 2014, but they haven't released any dates on when they will be available or released
ME: I suspect we'll probably start seeing them in September




So anyway, I have seen pictures of the AGM 1LE and always kinda thought it looked ok, but didn't really appeal to me.....now that I've seen it in person....HOLY $hit that color is awesome on the 1LE!!!

And just in case anyone in the Austin area is looking for a 1LE, Champion Chevy (or autonation or whatever the hell they're called now) has a SW and AGM 2SS 1LE with pretty significant discounts. I'm by no means endorsing this dealership, because I have had a couple of negative experiences with them...but this does look like a damn good deal on the website.

btw - I saw a kinetic blue hot wheels...and I think maybe I got a little bit of wood when I saw that color - wish you could get that on a 1LE
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 2,080
Just FYI, their internet price includes all possible rebates which not everyone will qualify for. Just look at their disclosure.
Quote:
1) Disclosure - Pricing includes all factory rebates, finance rebates, dealer finance discounts, factory trade in assistance incentives, ussa & farm bureau incentives, and store discount, TT&L not included. Please see dealer for more details.
The price is sure to go up on those cars when someone goes to buy one.
__________________
1969 Chevelle SS 454-4 Spd., Triple Black
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T-A8, Triple Black
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
DeeBlayer
 
DeeBlayer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 coupe manual victory red
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13
These salesman make me wish I could purchase my vehicles from some sort of large vending machine. When I went to look at mine, the salesman asked me why I referred to the car as a 1le. I then explained to him what a 1le was as he breathed through his mouth and stared blankly.
DeeBlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,938
I didn't think we had electronic magnetic suspension?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Just FYI, their internet price includes all possible rebates which not everyone will qualify for. Just look at their disclosure.

The price is sure to go up on those cars when someone goes to buy one.
Agree....definitely can turn into a bait and switch...If I were buying, I wouldn't drive it off the lot if they didn't get the price down to that advertised price. Doesn't really matter, because I likely will never buy from this dealer again based on previous experience.
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
alcal1084
 
Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 489
My local dealership in Vegas has at least 4 if anyone is looking.. Findlay Chevy in Las Vegas!!!
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Cooley
 
Cooley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bluff City, Baby!!!
Posts: 561
A year down the road and some of these dealers still have no clue.

I have a 2013 Camaro catalog in the car that I once just brought out, turned to the page, and waited for a service manager to read before proceding with the conversation....then he told another employee that it was:
"Just an appearance package".
__________________
Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
....no, I didn't buy it, but thought I would share my experience. My local dealer had a AGM in stock, and since these darn 1LEs are so rare, I wanted to go take a look. I was on eggshells trying to avoid salesmen, because I wanted to get in and out quick. It was on the showroom floor, so a nice gentleman approached me and started talking to me....conversation went something like this:

ME: I'm interested in a 2014 1LE - I want the recaro seats, etc.. but I wanted to see what this color looked like on the 2013 you have
SALESGUY: Oh this car is awesome. It rides so great with the electronic magnetic suspension
ME: *pushes mute button and nods head up and down*
SALESGUY: They've released pictures for the 2014, but they haven't released any dates on when they will be available or released
ME: I suspect we'll probably start seeing them in September




So anyway, I have seen pictures of the AGM 1LE and always kinda thought it looked ok, but didn't really appeal to me.....now that I've seen it in person....HOLY $hit that color is awesome on the 1LE!!!

And just in case anyone in the Austin area is looking for a 1LE, Champion Chevy (or autonation or whatever the hell they're called now) has a SW and AGM 2SS 1LE with pretty significant discounts. I'm by no means endorsing this dealership, because I have had a couple of negative experiences with them...but this does look like a damn good deal on the website.

btw - I saw a kinetic blue hot wheels...and I think maybe I got a little bit of wood when I saw that color - wish you could get that on a 1LE
Hello,

Glad to see you're considering getting a Camaro solo40oz. When can we expect you to have one?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

Glad to see you're considering getting a Camaro solo40oz. When can we expect you to have one?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
When the stars align as follows:

1) When I'm confident my wife isn't going to throw a fit because I bought yet another car
2) When Kinetic blue is available on a 1LE
3) When I've convinced myself taking depreciation hit on my 2010 SS isn't going to bother me

Pretty easy list, huh?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I didn't think we had electronic magnetic suspension?
According to that sales guy it does
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
When the stars align as follows:

1) When I'm confident my wife isn't going to throw a fit because I bought yet another car
2) When Kinetic blue is available on a 1LE
3) When I've convinced myself taking depreciation hit on my 2010 SS isn't going to bother me

Pretty easy list, huh?
Hmmm,

That's a pretty interesting list. We'll continue to hope something changes in the near future but until then, enjoy your SS for the time being!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
pr3dict
O_o
 
Drives: '14 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
So anyway, I have seen pictures of the AGM 1LE and always kinda thought it looked ok, but didn't really appeal to me.....now that I've seen it in person....HOLY $hit that color is awesome on the 1LE!!!
I have been going back and forth in my mind thinking if I chose the right color because I was afraid there wouldn't be enough contrast between the paint/wheels/hood wrap. Hearing this makes me a lot happier haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBlayer View Post
These salesman make me wish I could purchase my vehicles from some sort of large vending machine.
Lmao I feel the same way. When I order a 1LE package and sunroof then to be asked if I want a convertible or coupe makes me wonder why I can't just order direct.
__________________
"No such thing as random"
2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE NPP Sunroof
Mods: CAI Inc Intake
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
Cleancoupe
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 321
Pictures don't do the AGM justice at all. The color shifts so much from shade to sun also. I first seen the color on the ZL1 before they came out & fell in love. Went I was looking for my 1LE I seen an LS in AGM & really didn't care for it then I seen my car & fell in love with the color again. It looks awesome with the matte black hood & black wheels.
Just look at this color in the sun...
[IMG][/IMG]
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #14
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,292
Sounds like I made a good color choice too. :-) Can't wait to see it in person.
__________________
2013 AGM 1SS/1LE, NPP, Camera
(1 of 43)

CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, Hypertech 91 tune, ZR1 diff fluid, Motul RBF-600, Russell SS brake lines, SLP skip-shift override, SRP Pedals, Forza 3 way exhaust controller, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.