Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
nccinstaller

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
just purchased stainless works headers

I have 2010 ss auto. When I bought the vehicle it already had the gm performance axle back system on it but no cai. I purchased some used staimless works headers on ebay with the fa tory connection and off road emission option. First question is do I need o2 ext? And what is good tuner and or tune to use with this set up. And I also plan on getting a cai any suggestions? Thanks
Tony
nccinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccinstaller View Post
I have 2010 ss auto. When I bought the vehicle it already had the gm performance axle back system on it but no cai. I purchased some used staimless works headers on ebay with the fa tory connection and off road emission option. First question is do I need o2 ext? And what is good tuner and or tune to use with this set up. And I also plan on getting a cai any suggestions? Thanks
Tony
Yes you need o2 extensions, contact Matt@FSP for a tune (vendor on this website), and the Cold Air Inductions intake is a great option.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Muddflap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Some people makes the factory wiring work. Personally I went with the extensions on my TSP headers and zip tied them up out go the way. As far as the CAI I went with the ADM with race scoop and have loved every minute of it. The way I saw it was ADM came out with the scoop so why not go with what they know. After all everyone else followed with the scoop(just my thinking). Also, get with Rhino79 on here for a tune. He does awesome work.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
nccinstaller

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Thanks for the options I will def get the ext. I don't wanna hack up my factory wiring at all. Any particular places to check out those 2 intakes. And for the tunes can I get the tuners from them or should I get like an sct and load the tunes from them onto it on the computer?
nccinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Muddflap

As far as the CAI goes there are many threads on here talking about who thinks which is best. I went with the ADM with the race scoop as it seemed the most logical to me and it seems as if they developed the scoop first so I went with what I felt was right. As far as tuning goes in my opinion it all all depends on what you are wanting out of your car and your future plans. Speaking from experience I would talk with Rhino79 on this forum. He tuned my car and I am more than happy with it. He also takes the time to answer any question I have no matter how stupid it might be.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccinstaller View Post
Thanks for the options I will def get the ext. I don't wanna hack up my factory wiring at all. Any particular places to check out those 2 intakes. And for the tunes can I get the tuners from them or should I get like an sct and load the tunes from them onto it on the computer?
Matt can tune with HP or Diablo, Diablo being cheaper. You can buy the tune, the tuner, and the CAI intake from him. Rhino is also good, but I believe he's pretty expensive.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Muddflap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Matt can tune with HP or Diablo, Diablo being cheaper. You can buy the tune, the tuner, and the CAI intake from him. Rhino is also good, but I believe he's pretty expensive.
How can u say someone is expensive when you have never had any work done from them? I was just quoted a price from them on getting specifics done to my car that most performance shops won't even attempt and it was very comparable to what most shops charge to what ill call "basics"
Old 07-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
How can u say someone is expensive when you have never had any work done from them? I was just quoted a price from them on getting specifics done to my car that most performance shops won't even attempt and it was very comparable to what most shops charge to what ill call "basics"
Uhh I asked him what it would cost for a tune, and Matt was cheaper. That's how I know
Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
Muddflap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Uhh I asked him what it would cost for a tune, and Matt was cheaper. That's how I know
Haha.... Fisherman
Old 07-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #10
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
Haha.... Fisherman
What the hell are you talking about? They're both competent tuners, but Matt is/was cheaper do to his ability to tune using Diablo. I'm sorry if you feel butt hurt because of that.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
HorsemenLC-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2005 CTS-V
I purchased the stainless power line if stainless works and it came with everything I needed. Including the extensions.
HorsemenLC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote