Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
I just went to look at a 1LE at the dealership and...

....no, I didn't buy it, but thought I would share my experience. My local dealer had a AGM in stock, and since these darn 1LEs are so rare, I wanted to go take a look. I was on eggshells trying to avoid salesmen, because I wanted to get in and out quick. It was on the showroom floor, so a nice gentleman approached me and started talking to me....conversation went something like this:

ME: I'm interested in a 2014 1LE - I want the recaro seats, etc.. but I wanted to see what this color looked like on the 2013 you have
SALESGUY: Oh this car is awesome. It rides so great with the electronic magnetic suspension
ME: *pushes mute button and nods head up and down*
SALESGUY: They've released pictures for the 2014, but they haven't released any dates on when they will be available or released
ME: I suspect we'll probably start seeing them in September

So anyway, I have seen pictures of the AGM 1LE and always kinda thought it looked ok, but didn't really appeal to me.....now that I've seen it in person....HOLY $hit that color is awesome on the 1LE!!!

And just in case anyone in the Austin area is looking for a 1LE, Champion Chevy (or autonation or whatever the hell they're called now) has a SW and AGM 2SS 1LE with pretty significant discounts. I'm by no means endorsing this dealership, because I have had a couple of negative experiences with them...but this does look like a damn good deal on the website.

btw - I saw a kinetic blue hot wheels...and I think maybe I got a little bit of wood when I saw that color - wish you could get that on a 1LE
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
GearheadSS
Member #63

Drives: Lots
Just FYI, their internet price includes all possible rebates which not everyone will qualify for. Just look at their disclosure.
Quote:
1) Disclosure - Pricing includes all factory rebates, finance rebates, dealer finance discounts, factory trade in assistance incentives, ussa & farm bureau incentives, and store discount, TT&L not included. Please see dealer for more details.
The price is sure to go up on those cars when someone goes to buy one.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
DeeBlayer

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
These salesman make me wish I could purchase my vehicles from some sort of large vending machine. When I went to look at mine, the salesman asked me why I referred to the car as a 1le. I then explained to him what a 1le was as he breathed through his mouth and stared blankly.
DeeBlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I didn't think we had electronic magnetic suspension?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
solo40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Just FYI, their internet price includes all possible rebates which not everyone will qualify for. Just look at their disclosure.

The price is sure to go up on those cars when someone goes to buy one.
Agree....definitely can turn into a bait and switch...If I were buying, I wouldn't drive it off the lot if they didn't get the price down to that advertised price. Doesn't really matter, because I likely will never buy from this dealer again based on previous experience.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
My local dealership in Vegas has at least 4 if anyone is looking.. Findlay Chevy in Las Vegas!!!
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
A year down the road and some of these dealers still have no clue.

I have a 2013 Camaro catalog in the car that I once just brought out, turned to the page, and waited for a service manager to read before proceding with the conversation....then he told another employee that it was:
"Just an appearance package".
Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
....no, I didn't buy it, but thought I would share my experience. My local dealer had a AGM in stock, and since these darn 1LEs are so rare, I wanted to go take a look. I was on eggshells trying to avoid salesmen, because I wanted to get in and out quick. It was on the showroom floor, so a nice gentleman approached me and started talking to me....conversation went something like this:

ME: I'm interested in a 2014 1LE - I want the recaro seats, etc.. but I wanted to see what this color looked like on the 2013 you have
SALESGUY: Oh this car is awesome. It rides so great with the electronic magnetic suspension
ME: *pushes mute button and nods head up and down*
SALESGUY: They've released pictures for the 2014, but they haven't released any dates on when they will be available or released
ME: I suspect we'll probably start seeing them in September

So anyway, I have seen pictures of the AGM 1LE and always kinda thought it looked ok, but didn't really appeal to me.....now that I've seen it in person....HOLY $hit that color is awesome on the 1LE!!!

And just in case anyone in the Austin area is looking for a 1LE, Champion Chevy (or autonation or whatever the hell they're called now) has a SW and AGM 2SS 1LE with pretty significant discounts. I'm by no means endorsing this dealership, because I have had a couple of negative experiences with them...but this does look like a damn good deal on the website.

btw - I saw a kinetic blue hot wheels...and I think maybe I got a little bit of wood when I saw that color - wish you could get that on a 1LE
Hello,

Glad to see you're considering getting a Camaro solo40oz. When can we expect you to have one?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
solo40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

Glad to see you're considering getting a Camaro solo40oz. When can we expect you to have one?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
When the stars align as follows:

1) When I'm confident my wife isn't going to throw a fit because I bought yet another car
2) When Kinetic blue is available on a 1LE
3) When I've convinced myself taking depreciation hit on my 2010 SS isn't going to bother me

Pretty easy list, huh?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
According to that sales guy it does
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
When the stars align as follows:

1) When I'm confident my wife isn't going to throw a fit because I bought yet another car
2) When Kinetic blue is available on a 1LE
3) When I've convinced myself taking depreciation hit on my 2010 SS isn't going to bother me

Pretty easy list, huh?
Hmmm,

That's a pretty interesting list. We'll continue to hope something changes in the near future but until then, enjoy your SS for the time being!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
pr3dict
O_o

Drives: '14 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
I have been going back and forth in my mind thinking if I chose the right color because I was afraid there wouldn't be enough contrast between the paint/wheels/hood wrap. Hearing this makes me a lot happier haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBlayer View Post
These salesman make me wish I could purchase my vehicles from some sort of large vending machine.
Lmao I feel the same way. When I order a 1LE package and sunroof then to be asked if I want a convertible or coupe makes me wonder why I can't just order direct.
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
Cleancoupe

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE
Pictures don't do the AGM justice at all. The color shifts so much from shade to sun also. I first seen the color on the ZL1 before they came out & fell in love. Went I was looking for my 1LE I seen an LS in AGM & really didn't care for it then I seen my car & fell in love with the color again. It looks awesome with the matte black hood & black wheels.
Just look at this color in the sun...
[IMG][/IMG]
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #14
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Sounds like I made a good color choice too. :-) Can't wait to see it in person.

Performance: CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, ZR1 diff fluid, Dot4 brake fluid, Russell brake lines, SLP skip-shift override, SRP Racing Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator (at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #15
narphenal

Drives: Coming Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Man, I've been back and forth between AGM and the Summit White for days now. You just made my decision that much more difficult.
narphenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #16
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
The 1LE in AGM is the perfect blend of flat black and color. The AGM color shifts do much in the sun it is amazing. If you like dark cars you will love AGM!

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #17
narphenal

Drives: Coming Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The 1LE in AGM is the perfect blend of flat black and color. The AGM color shifts do much in the sun it is amazing. If you like dark cars you will love AGM!
I love dark cars(all my cars have been black), but living in the desert, I hate keeping them clean!
narphenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #18
HighMtnSS

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE, 1 of 139
Agreed...the AGM is an awesome color, especially in 1LE attire!
HighMtnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #19
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphenal View Post
I love dark cars(all my cars have been black), but living in the desert, I hate keeping them clean!
It definitely hides dirt better than black yet looks black at night. I love mine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #20
Cleancoupe

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE
I originally wanted the AGM then started seeing pictures of the SW & started second guessing myself. I drove up to NC because the dealer had both of those colors in stock & soon as I seem the AGM my mind was made up. The SW is nice because of the contrast, but the AGM makes the car look so bad ass & steathly
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #21
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6 NAV NPP 1 of 86 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post

We don't. Only the ZL1 does. Dumb sales person. Learn your cars.
2013 2SS/RS 1LE GBE Born 2-6-13, "MAX" #1400
Irishblackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #22
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
That's a pretty good deal. I got mine from Autonation/Champion. I'd highly recommend them.

By the way, when I was checking out a 1LE at Henna Chevy, the sales guy claimed that 1LE has a carbon fiber hood
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #23
dare8601

I had received a call from my salesman at the dealership about the 1LE saying it is a great car and sounds great and got to take a look at it...I read everything about the car during the day and when I got off work to test drive the car, the salesman said you prob. know more about this car than I do..well yes I do of a matter of fact. I had to provide my knowledge about the car to the salesman and educate him...needless to say it only took a short test drive to make up my mind..I know that there are a lot of models but if your going to sell a car you better know all about it...IMO...
dare8601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #24
DeeBlayer

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7 View Post

By the way, when I was checking out a 1LE at Henna Chevy, the sales guy claimed that 1LE has a carbon fiber hood

Mine told me that the hood was painted flat black. For an extra $500 he was willing to throw in a bag of unicorn farts. Anything to make a sale.
DeeBlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #25
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
This. I wanted black when i was first looking for a camaro.. They had an AGM on the lot that just came in a week ago with my main req's.. Manual and sunroof.. needing a car badly to replace my 98 accord hobbling across town, i wasnt feeling waiting out a black one.. it was my 3rd choice behind Black and CRT..
after they washed it that night i thought it could pass as a metallic black.. and seeing it in the sun the next day erased any doubts.. i wouldn't take any other color over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBlayer View Post
Mine told me that the hood was painted flat black.
yeah i got the same when i asked to order one.. Asked them about painting it AGM along with the spoiler she quoted me at $800..

Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7 View Post
That's a pretty good deal. I got mine from Autonation/Champion. I'd highly recommend them.

Terrible.. I'd much rather a salesman tell me they honestly don't know than spit out bs..

kinda makes me wanna go hidden pocket cam on these dealerships
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote