Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #26
Glen e

Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog89 View Post
I really would not be worried about this. When the lights are on you can't even tell the rear lights are tinted. I would think you could easily demonstrate this and overturn any bogus complaint. Plus, the person that rear ended you would probably not be thinking, "oh wow tinted lights - bet I can get off on this guy". Honestly - they probably won't even know they are tinted (unless you shut your car off).

I realize this is not a popular position to take but I went to get my accord tails tinted a few years ago to my tint shop and was given a lesson. They no longer would do it because the below happened to one of their customers....

it does not work that way - guy hits you, cops called, cop notes tinted lights...guy's lawyer that hits you sees it on the discovery....and then it starts - don't think about the law, think about the LAWYERS before you do this. Taillights, headlights and windshield are the only mods I won't do...

and again, what the cops think on their forum:

http://forums.officer.com/t166019/

Please just think about it....life is miserable when you are sued...even when you win...because you don't really win...the lawyers do....

Last edited by Glen e; 07-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #27
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Wow I did not realize that. Lawyers and dumb lawsuits wreck all the fun in life :banghead: Fingers crossed I don't get hit Although I doubt I'll tint my lights on future cars now :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #28
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Dude just dip it...
2013 2LT/RS V6 Manual 6-Speed w/ Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Drake Bowtie Delete, SJM Autoprod Dash ABL kit, Side Marker Tint, Reverse Light Tint, Window Tint

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote