Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
PFADT vs. Pedders coilovers

So I've been eyeballing some coilovers and I am curious to know if anybody knows how much the pedders weigh compared to stock? Do they shave any weight or do they add or about the same? I like the PFADT because they advertise the weight and look to be a well built piece, but pedders seems to have the communities following and a nicer sticker price, but I can't find any weight info on them. Weight could/may be the big determining factor as to what I go with. Thanks for all input. Anybody that has either feel free to rave about how good they are.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The Pedders Xa Coilovers are nice and I would recommend them if you are just looking to go a bit lower than you can with springs and keep a good ride. The nice thing about them, is you can lower the shock body within the coilover without reducing range of shock travel.

If you plan on actually tracking the car, then I would suggest the Pfadt coilovers. They are very well made and you definitely get what you pay for.

We offer both brands, so feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
Not really ever going to track the car probably, also not big on lowering it much with the roads around here. The only lower I'm going is going to be with smaller rims. But I am looking to lose weight wherever I can and this seems potential to be one of those places I'm wondering if you lose any #s at all with the pedders?