Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 425
High flow cats that will work with long tube headers and corsa cat back

Did a little searching online and only found cats that will work with shorty headers or oem manifolds. Anyone have this setup?
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
blazzin1


 
blazzin1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,268
If you have Kooks Headers (as stated in your signature), then you need to get your HF Cats from Kooks. There are several different collector flange styles depending on the manufacturer. Kooks will have CATS with the same flange style as your headers. They have the "Green" Cats too, that supposedly don't require a tune. The other end of the cats doesn't really matter too much. 95% of all cat-backs for the Camaro are all the standard 2-1/2" exhaust clamp connection (just like stock). So more than likely, the CATS will be a 3" in and 2-1/2" out.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
Did a little searching online and only found cats that will work with shorty headers or oem manifolds. Anyone have this setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
If you have Kooks Headers (as stated in your signature), then you need to get your HF Cats from Kooks. There are several different collector flange styles depending on the manufacturer. Kooks will have CATS with the same flange style as your headers. They have the "Green" Cats too, that supposedly don't require a tune. The other end of the cats doesn't really matter too much. 95% of all cat-backs for the Camaro are all the standard 2-1/2" exhaust clamp connection (just like stock). So more than likely, the CATS will be a 3" in and 2-1/2" out.
This. You need to get the proper cats for your headers.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 425
Thanks for the responses. Any vendors have any good deals going on for these??
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
Thanks for the responses. Any vendors have any good deals going on for these??

Give us a shout.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
blazzin1


 
blazzin1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
Thanks for the responses. Any vendors have any good deals going on for these??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Give us a shout.
If Chase has what you're looking for.....there's no need to shop anywhere else.....PERIOD!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
If Chase has what you're looking for.....there's no need to shop anywhere else.....PERIOD!!!
Thanks!
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
Thanks for the responses. Any vendors have any good deals going on for these??
We always have good deals on KOOKS

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.