Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
2014 1LE pics

Man I love the looks of the 2014 1LE package. I owned a 1984 Z28 in my younger days and I think I am ready to jump back in. Purchase 1LE for track time and raise some hell and a Volt for a daily driver. LOL When my GTI lease is up I am heading back to GM. http://rumors.automobilemag.com/spie...#axzz2YZGsiToT

Last edited by jcar01; 07-09-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: add photo link
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar01 View Post
Man I love the looks of the 2014 1LE package. I owned a 1984 Z28 in my younger days and I think I am ready to jump back in. Purchase 1LE for track time and raise some hell and a Volt for a daily driver. LOL When my GTI lease is up I am heading back to GM. http://rumors.automobilemag.com/spie...#axzz2YZGsiToT
Thanks jcar01,

We'll welcome you back with open arms! Let us know if you have any questions and keep us posted on the purchase process.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Thanks William! Chevy is doing a great job building cars that we want. I have to laugh that my 1984 Z28 had 165HP with a V8 and now pushing 500HP my current 2.0 GTI is pushing 200HP I liove this new technology especially on the Volt. The 1LE is a perfect combo for the value. Photos of my 1984 Z28 back in 1984 https://plus.google.com/photos/11041...KqZtZjH0JilvgE

Last edited by jcar01; 07-09-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added link
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
rickr9504
 
rickr9504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 186
Send a message via Yahoo to rickr9504 Send a message via Skype™ to rickr9504
I love that front, don't care much about the rear. Wondering now if I should have waited and bought a 14.
rickr9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Its not to late. If you did not take delivery just tell them you want the 2014 1LE. You are going to take a big hit on the 2013 unless you can negotiate a big discount. He can easily dealer trade the 2013. Order the 2014 with the Recaro seats.
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
rickr9504
 
rickr9504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 186
Send a message via Yahoo to rickr9504 Send a message via Skype™ to rickr9504
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar01 View Post
Its not to late. If you did not take delivery just tell them you want the 2014 1LE. You are going to take a big hit on the 2013 unless you can negotiate a big discount. He can easily dealer trade the 2013. Order the 2014 with the Recaro seats.
I wish it would be that easy. I have had it for almost three weeks now. I love it thought. I guess every year you get something better.
rickr9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
I wish it would be that easy. I have had it for almost three weeks now. I love it thought. I guess every year you get something better.

Sorry I thought you did not pick it up. Hey enjoy what you have that is one nice car. Did you get the duel exhaust?
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
Cookie Monster
kiss my 14 Tailassghts
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Motor City
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
I love that front, don't care much about the rear. Wondering now if I should have waited and bought a 14.
A lot of us was in that whole 2013/2104 dilemma. I would have gotten a 13, but my dealership didn't have any. So I opted for the 14. And since all these 14 pics have been released I couldn't be happier. Starting to think it happened for a reason.
...
The 13s are still badass tho
__________________
2014 2SS

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Man this 1LE is awesome on the track. http://youtu.be/gqu5-Y5f2cg Great job GM
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Styling is great! http://youtu.be/4_E75paOdHI
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar01 View Post
Thanks William! Chevy is doing a great job building cars that we want. I have to laugh that my 1984 Z28 had 165HP with a V8 and now pushing 500HP my current 2.0 GTI is pushing 200HP I liove this new technology especially on the Volt. The 1LE is a perfect combo for the value. Photos of my 1984 Z28 back in 1984 https://plus.google.com/photos/11041...KqZtZjH0JilvgE
jcar01,

That was back in 1984? Wow, that car was gorgeous! Thanks so much for your kind words and we'll definitely continue to build great products that our customers and admirers want! Best of luck moving forward and don't hesitate to contact us with questions.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
flyinlow
 
flyinlow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Savage, MN
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar01 View Post
Thanks William! Chevy is doing a great job building cars that we want. I have to laugh that my 1984 Z28 had 165HP with a V8 and now pushing 500HP my current 2.0 GTI is pushing 200HP I liove this new technology especially on the Volt. The 1LE is a perfect combo for the value. Photos of my 1984 Z28 back in 1984 https://plus.google.com/photos/11041...KqZtZjH0JilvgE
I remember those days, my brand new 1985 TransAm with the WS6 suspension (their IROC Z equivalent) and new Tuned port injection 305ci with 210 hp. This was the first year of the optional whale tail rear spoiler and I also had the Lear Siegler bucket seats, subwoofer (yes, it was an option in 85) and I even had the big screaming chicken on the hood, that was an option as well.



flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Nice car! I was so ticked that the sales man lied to me when I purchased the 1984 Z28. I asked him if their would be any major upgrades for 1985 year and he told me none at all. The 1985 Z28 had tuned port injection and bumped HP to 210! I was so freaking ticked. Here I was stuck with the 4 barrel electronic carb with old float setup that sounded like a vacuum cleaner when I turned the air filter cover over to get some more air into the engine.
Rest in peace old technology and hello direct injection and tons of HP!
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Mega factory doc http://youtu.be/5rzi_VA3FSc
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
jcar01
 
Drives: VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 18
1LE review http://youtu.be/16nyCdbVdM8
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #16
baj581
 
baj581's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/2SS/1LE
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Oil consumption

Hello 1LE owners, anyone having oil consumption problems with their 2014 SS/ 1LE..... Thanks baj
baj581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
Ragnar

 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,083
6423 miles on the clock and my car is in the normal range, oil life is at 26%, with 5805 miles since my last oil change. Next couple of weeks and my next services will be preformed.

Why do you ask?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #18
Cookie Monster
kiss my 14 Tailassghts
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Motor City
Posts: 838
Just above 5000 miles and no problems at all
__________________
2014 2SS

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by baj581 View Post
Hello 1LE owners, anyone having oil consumption problems with their 2014 SS/ 1LE..... Thanks baj
None. What sort of consumption are you seeing?
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #20
GONIF

 
GONIF's Avatar
 
Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Left lane PHOENIX AZ
Posts: 1,208
I can still remember my 1987 IROC with a 350 and T tops in that electric blue with option package 3 . Wow ,GM has made some major improvements since then .
__________________
OLD GUY FLYING FAST AND LOW
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #21
Ragnar

 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,083
Ok , baj581, you revived an old thread and then asked a question. Again way do you ask?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #22
SS MoFo
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 16
2014 SS uses less oil than my old mullet rock'in, professional drinking '88 Z28 did ...
SS MoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #23
baj581
 
baj581's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/2SS/1LE
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Oil Consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by baj581 View Post
Hello 1LE owners, anyone having oil consumption problems with their 2014 SS/ 1LE..... Thanks baj
I had an excessive oil use on my 2014 SS/2SS/1LE/RS Camaro, three quarts in 2,000 miles, the dealer started an oil consumption test by topping the oil off marking the dip stick and I drove for another 750 miles and the results was one more quart low, so 4 quarts in less than 3,000 miles.
So I sent Ms. Barra the CEO of GM a certified letter and explained the entire situation. I ordered the car and received it in May of this year, no racing, no burnouts, just normal driving.
I received a call from the vice president of GM, they were very nice, they trucked a complete engine from Detroit and installed it, I picked it up on 10/24/2014, hope that fixed it... That was the reason I was asking. I had goggled oil usage problems and a few owners appeared to be having problems similar to mine,,,bj
baj581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #24
Ragnar

 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,083
Thanks for the update, VP of GM involved, DANG...Glad it's getting taken care of.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #25
baj581
 
baj581's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/2SS/1LE
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Old Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baj581 View Post
I had an excessive oil use on my 2014 SS/2SS/1LE/RS Camaro, three quarts in 2,000 miles, the dealer started an oil consumption test by topping the oil off marking the dip stick and I drove for another 750 miles and the results was one more quart low, so 4 quarts in less than 3,000 miles.
So I sent Ms. Barra the CEO of GM a certified letter and explained the entire situation. I ordered the car and received it in May of this year, no racing, no burnouts, just normal driving.
I received a call from the vice president of GM, they were very nice, they trucked a complete engine from Detroit and installed it, I picked it up on 10/24/2014, hope that fixed it... That was the reason I was asking. I had goggled oil usage problems and a few owners appeared to be having problems similar to mine,,,bj

Sorry about the old thread
baj581 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
1le camaro, 2014

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.