Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #51
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
won't be that much.

Some forget how stripped down the car is. Big engine, and Jack-squat else. shouldn't be too bad.
The cost of the car doesn't depend on what's in it or what's not. It's the car itself. A lot of R&D has gone into this vehicle. Just because it doesn't have AC or wires for the fog lights doesn't mean this car isn't gonna pull a premium price. It's not like they said "we'll we can subtract the cost of the AC and speakers from the cost of the vehicle".

Personally I think if this car sells for under 70k it's a hell of a deal!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #52
trz174

Drives: Yes
I confess I am a Z28 bubble guy. My response is about me and my kids. I do not know if I will buy a Z28 (assuming I have a chance) or not. The comparisons with other cars bore me and I work very, very hard for every dollar I earn. I only want a true heritage Z28 and I define what that means to me. Everything I see in the Z28 is exactly what I want. The Team that put this togeather is listening. OK, I will get A/C because I live in sunny FLA but otherwise no options. I admit, cost is a really big deal but life is short. Truthfully, my biggest concern is that I do not have anyplace close to my home to track it. By that I obviously mean a road course but also that includes the folks who can teach me (and my kids) how to drive it hard, then harder and then be able to relax and have fun on the track by youself and just enjoy.
2010 Tundra Crew Max
2012 Camaro ZL1, M6, AGM,
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #53
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Quote:
won't be that much.

Some forget how stripped down the car is. Big engine, and Jack-squat else. shouldn't be too bad.
What???
Old 07-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #54
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Why do ZL1 owners feel compelled to come to the Z/28 forum and make posts like this? It makes no sense. It would be like me posting in the ZL1 forum how perfectly happy I am with my SS. It's irrelevant and nobody cares.

I think the Z/28 will be +/- $75K and they will sell all they make. I also think that most of the people who buy them will not need to finance them. They may finance them just to take advantage of the low interest rate, but they will not need to.

I also agree with the person who stated that if they only make 300 - 400 there will be bidding wars. If production really is limited to 300 - 400 they will sell for crazy money. Crazy to a normal person, that is. To the people who will buy them it won't be that much or any big deal.
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like SOME who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro. They seemed to almost be happy that those of us who did decide to buy a ZL1 where some how or in some way wishing we had waited or something to that extent. I posted this because the more I read about the Z/28 the happier I am with my choice of a more well rounded car in the ZL1. Period. No stab at the Z/28. No stab at 1LE, SS, RS or any other Camaro owner. It is how I feel about the "perceived" competition within the family that I think is ridiculous.

By the way, if you feel compelled to post how much you love you SS in this or any other section, please do. I would be proud to own one as well

Last edited by mkorgan; 07-13-2013 at 01:31 PM.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #55
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like everyone who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro. They seemed to almost be happy that those of us who did decide to buy a ZL1 where some how or in some way wishing we had waited or something to that extent. I posted this because the more I read about the Z/28 the happier I am with my choice of a more well rounded car in the ZL1. Period. No stab at the Z/28. No stab at 1LE, SS, RS or any other Camaro owner. It is how I feel about the "perceived" competition within the family that I think is ridiculous.

By the way, if you feel compelled to post how much you love you SS in this or any other section, please do. I would be proud to own one as well
I cannot stand unproven inclusiveness. "You always, you never, everyone does, everyone doesn't." Not "everyone"...probably very, very few. And I doubt you heard that from any of the Z/28 faithful's (self included). If you read through some of the older Z/28 threads you'll see why we wanted what came to be the Z/28 and didn't feel the ZL1 fit our needs or the name Z/28.

BTW, I've said it over and over and over again, the ZL1 is a great car.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #56
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I cannot stand unproven inclusiveness. "You always, you never, everyone does, everyone doesn't." Not "everyone"...probably very, very few. And I doubt you heard that from any of the Z/28 faithful's (self included). If you read through some of the older Z/28 threads you'll see why we wanted what came to be the Z/28 and didn't feel the ZL1 fit our needs or the name Z/28.

BTW, I've said it over and over and over again, the ZL1 is a great car.
Relax, I did not quote you. I enjoy reading your comments in the forum. EDIT: remove "everybody"...replace with "some". Geesh.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #57
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Relax, I did not quote you. I enjoy reading your comments in the forum. EDIT: remove "everybody"...replace with "some". Geesh.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #58
sonnydurden

Drives: 2012 1SS & 2014 1LT/RS
At the Chevrolet dealership my daughter works at, phones are ringing off the hook for the Z/28.. The demand is there..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #59
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
The price for what you get, if 70k is correct, is pretty fair.

Where this conversation will get interesting is if for the Sam 70k you can get a C7 that will outrun if at the same track. I personally think this what we will see. GM only said it was faster than a ZL1 by 3 seconds. They never said it was their fastest track car. I'm pretty sure a year old Z06 will rip the you know what out of a Z/28.

But I'll wait for the numbers and we will see how it shapes up and how the C7 shapes up. But it is pretty close to the old Z06.

This will continue to be a great conversation as the summer winds down and we see some numbers and comparisons.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #60
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

At $70K it makes a mid $50's C7 Z51 a bargain.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #61
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
At $70K it makes a mid $50's C7 Z51 a bargain.
I got a chance to see the new C7 in person yesterday. I had high hopes for the C7, but after seeing it in person I was a bit disappointed. These pictures make the car look good, but in person it's surprisingly underwhelming. The car definitely looks better in pictures than it does in person. Yes, the car looks better than the old one, but it's not fantastic. Maybe because it's the 'base' model and the Z version will be much better. You can tell it's a base model (huge fender gaps) and that subsequent models will have much more potential. The interior had the regular seats (non competition) and there was ZERO thigh bolstering. Totally flat (???). The interior console, again, is better than the old one by far, but only acceptable in terms of looks. The exhaust did sound very nice though. Maybe it was the ugly green color that made everything worse. I'm leaning back towards the Z/28 after seeing the C7 (base) in person. This is an opinion based solely on looks only. I think in terms of looks, the Z/28 will be much more aggressive and special than the C7 base.

orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #62
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2012 CTS-V coupe
Quote:
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like SOME who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro. They seemed to almost be happy that those of us who did decide to buy a ZL1 where some how or in some way wishing we had waited or something to that extent. I posted this because the more I read about the Z/28 the happier I am with my choice of a more well rounded car in the ZL1. Period. No stab at the Z/28. No stab at 1LE, SS, RS or any other Camaro owner. It is how I feel about the "perceived" competition within the family that I think is ridiculous.

I think everyone agrees with you. Whoops! I mean I suspect that some people, may in fact agree with some of what you have said above to some extent.

I for one agree with your statement and have seen the posts you are referring to and found them laughable. As if my current enjoyment of my ZL1 could ever be tainted by the promise of some car in the future that may be a better track tool. I'll enjoy the year or so of driving it, then trade it for something new. Because here are a few things the Z28 is NOT:

• A convertible
  • My life's mission
  • The reason I wake everyday
  • The best car I will ever own
  • The definition of me as a man
  • Currently available for sale
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #63
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
won't be that much.

What is it missing other than some insulation, optional A/C and optional radio?

The upgraded halos and fog lights?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #64
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like SOME who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro.
To me the top dog Camaro is the COPO. Second is the Z/28. One of each please. And a ZL1 to be my daily driver. Then a Honda Accord for when I need to stop close to a red light and still see when it turns green.

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #65
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
this will be the first Z28 the average Joe cannot buy. I was considering trading my 2011GT for one, but at 70,000.00 they can keep it. i would rather buy a new stripper 2014 gt500 and add a few bolt ons and have cash left over.

to me, the Z28 WAS going to be the hallmark of what chevrolet used to be. no nonsense performance. COPO cars were strippers. nothing faster in the entire world.

the 2014 Z28 is a lost cause already if nobody but rich white old men will ever have it.

Checrolet might as well not even make it. so dissapointing.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #66
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
I got a chance to see the new C7 in person yesterday. I had high hopes for the C7, but after seeing it in person I was a bit disappointed. These pictures make the car look good, but in person it's surprisingly underwhelming. The car definitely looks better in pictures than it does in person. Yes, the car looks better than the old one, but it's not fantastic. Maybe because it's the 'base' model and the Z version will be much better. You can tell it's a base model (huge fender gaps) and that subsequent models will have much more potential. The interior had the regular seats (non competition) and there was ZERO thigh bolstering. Totally flat (???). The interior console, again, is better than the old one by far, but only acceptable in terms of looks. The exhaust did sound very nice though. Maybe it was the ugly green color that made everything worse. I'm leaning back towards the Z/28 after seeing the C7 (base) in person. This is an opinion based solely on looks only. I think in terms of looks, the Z/28 will be much more aggressive and special than the C7 base.
Anything that color would be hideous..
Slapshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #67
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
and only 300-400 1st year.....inside scoop
Not to be a party pooper ,but where is your source on this info? I would like to believe you ,but after all it is the internet.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #68
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Oh MY God. That is underwhelming to You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post

Wow, how tastes differ. That Car is gorgeous. Yes, very different than any of our beloved Camaros, but wow.

My son just ordered a 2014 Corvette, Z51 with Carbon Fiber package and it is spectacular(in Pictures) The Black wheels and carbon fiber roof and interior and spoiler and rearview mirrors. Awesome. Here is a picture of a similar car without carbon fiber mirrors. $70,000 out the door with tax and all.
Attached Images

Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #69
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Most people here don't appreciate a true hot rod. They want back up camaras, memory seats etc. back in the day you would order a car with radio and heater delete. The AC was an option you wouldn't want. That being said if they were making these Z28 with 2013 tail lights I would buy one in a heartbeat. Since the the prototypes came out I wanted lighter cars. I don't want all the extra crap. In fact if I could sign a waiver and get one without the bull**** airbags I would.
so you appreciate a true hot rod...and the Z/28 is it...te ONLY REASON you won't buy one is because of the tail lights.....lmfao
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #70
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
so you appreciate a true hot rod...and the Z/28 is it...te ONLY REASON you won't buy one is because of the tail lights.....lmfao

thousands of people didn't but a 2011mustang because of it's hideous tail lights. you think the average person ignores styling. not fanbois. the average purchaser? hardly. his point is valid.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #71
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
thousands of people didn't but a 2011mustang because of it's hideous tail lights. you think the average person ignores styling. not fanbois. the average purchaser? hardly. his point is valid.
1000s of people will NOT have the opportunity to own a Gen-5 Z/28, regardless of their intent, or the shape of the tail lights, or...

BTW, this is NOT a car for the "average person", in any regard...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #72
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
So if I pull my backseat will it meet your definition?
Lol. Don't forget, taking out your stereo too.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #73
HeadonaStick

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
1000s of people will NOT have the opportunity to own a Gen-5 Z/28, regardless of their intent, or the shape of the tail lights, or...

BTW, this is NOT a car for the "average person", in any regard...
Why isn't it for the average person?

Even though I like to think of myself as above average the truth is that I'm pretty average and I want one. Can't afford one but that is a different story.
HeadonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #74
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadonaStick View Post
Why isn't it for the average person?

Even though I like to think of myself as above average the truth is that I'm pretty average and I want one. Can't afford one but that is a different story.
You answered your own question.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #75
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
70k plus...bwahhhahahaha...what the F ever. Keep that crap.

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (57x/53x at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote