Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
dangnplus
 
dangnplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT camaro RS package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 133
2013 1 LT vs 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS

My 2013 1LT v6 camaro or the

2009 Chevy Cobalt SS or 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged

I wasn't sure what year it was, but it pulled up to me on the highway last night on the way home from work want to race... Would this have been an even match or his favor?!?!?
__________________
dangnplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
SS2-1LE
 
Drives: 08 G6 GXP
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 50
cobalt might get you from a pull if stock, if it has the gm stage 1 kit or mods not a chance
SS2-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
dangnplus
 
dangnplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT camaro RS package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 133
I didn't think they were that fast.
__________________
dangnplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
If it's the LNF turbo Cobalt, you have no chance from any roll. Period.

They can hit 300+ whp(equivalent to about 350-360 hp at the crank) with just an HP tune.

With bolt ons and tune 320-330 whp, with e85 340-360 whp. on stock turbo.

My friend's cobalt traps 111 mph with downpipe, short ram intake, and Trifecta tune.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
LSJ stock do mid-high 14's @ 97-99 mph, well at least mag times... All the ones I have seen at the track run 15's. LSJ is the supercharged one.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #6
RenegadeSS
 
RenegadeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LLT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Union City, NJ
Posts: 590
I had a stage two cobalt LSJ, zzp single pass heat exchanger, front mount cobra heat exchanger, intake, and full exhaust. Rape was the word I used vs a v6 camaro.
__________________
RenegadeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #7
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL
 
CamaroDreams76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South West FL
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
I had a stage two cobalt LSJ, zzp single pass heat exchanger, front mount cobra heat exchanger, intake, and full exhaust. Rape was the word I used vs a v6 camaro.
My friend has a 04 Saturn Ion Redline running the factory M62. He has a ZZP 2.7" pulley, AEM short ram intake, ZZP Intercooler, ZZP dual pass, 60lb injectors, meth injection, ZZP long tube catless header, custom catback and a stage 2 clutch and a decent tune. I drove it a few times it moves pretty well I would say.

His tuner tuned a few LNFs before he tuned his on the same day and a bone stock LNF gained 100wft/lbs and 60whp

A stock LSJ would run pretty close with the v6 and a stock LNF would pull a bit. Simple bolt ons + tune with the LNF and it would kill a v6.
__________________
CamaroDreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #8
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals
 
Mvp_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR M6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 775
yeeeaaaa a cobalt is the wrong car to race for the camaro. i had a 2005 cobalt "supercharged" but i turbo swapped it and i put down 387whp on 22lbs stock block. i loved killing ss camaros much less the ls models lol with the power to weight ratio its win all aound for the cobalt. the supercharged ones put down 205-215whp stock and the turbo ones 260whp stock. the turbo balts can put down 380+wtq from bolt-ons and a tune without e-85, they are pretty nasty for what they are. i loved the facial expression people made when im passing by and waving bye at the same time lmfao!
i have a few vids from racing on youtube and that was when i first did the swap and only running 15lbs killing people.
__________________
Mvp_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
RenegadeSS
 
RenegadeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LLT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Union City, NJ
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
My friend has a 04 Saturn Ion Redline running the factory M62. He has a ZZP 2.7" pulley, AEM short ram intake, ZZP Intercooler, ZZP dual pass, 60lb injectors, meth injection, ZZP long tube catless header, custom catback and a stage 2 clutch and a decent tune. I drove it a few times it moves pretty well I would say.

His tuner tuned a few LNFs before he tuned his on the same day and a bone stock LNF gained 100wft/lbs and 60whp

A stock LSJ would run pretty close with the v6 and a stock LNF would pull a bit. Simple bolt ons + tune with the LNF and it would kill a v6.
That is exactly what I wanted to get as a setup. That thing sounds like a beats.
__________________
RenegadeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
RenegadeSS
 
RenegadeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LLT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Union City, NJ
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
yeeeaaaa a cobalt is the wrong car to race for the camaro. i had a 2005 cobalt "supercharged" but i turbo swapped it and i put down 387whp on 22lbs stock block. i loved killing ss camaros much less the ls models lol with the power to weight ratio its win all aound for the cobalt. the supercharged ones put down 205-215whp stock and the turbo ones 260whp stock. the turbo balts can put down 380+wtq from bolt-ons and a tune without e-85, they are pretty nasty for what they are. i loved the facial expression people made when im passing by and waving bye at the same time lmfao!
i have a few vids from racing on youtube and that was when i first did the swap and only running 15lbs killing people.
Have you seen the video of a stock turbo Balt putting down 12s?
__________________
RenegadeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals
 
Mvp_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR M6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
Have you seen the video of a stock turbo Balt putting down 12s?
if you go on cobaltss.net you will find a few.
__________________
Mvp_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals
 
Mvp_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR M6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 775
ill save you the search


__________________
Mvp_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 498
Those turbo cobolts were the only thing deserving of the SS bage at the time!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,718
Can I get a Pontiac GXP up to this kind of Power with a 2.0 turbo.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.