Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
MrGarb

Drives: 2014 Black 2LS tinted and Subwoofed
Nitrous Precautions.

I was wondering if someone could explain what you need to look out for in the short/medium/long run when using Nitrous systems.

Are there beginners mistakes where you ruin the car?

I'm considering to get a system, but I've heard they can be taxing or worse to your engine after a while.

-Thanks

Mods/other: Scosche head unit, Black rear lightup bowtie, footwell lighting, Chevy door puddle lights, chrome door sills, locking fuel door cover.

Mods/Sound: Pioneer 4100 radio, Hertz high energy tweets/6x9's, JL Audio 12TW3 sub in custom box, hush mats in doors, 2 amps I forget the names of..

Mods to come: Wolo PA system, some kind of a tune.. some kind of an exhuast..
MrGarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
This should you out alot.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329770
CAI intake, RX catch can, Nitrous Outlet Plate system, RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop, SOLO HFCs, JacFab ported intake manifold and upper intake isolator, Solo cat back Mach X system, SS diff 3.91 gears, Weld RT-S 17x10 & 17x5 W/M&H DRs.
TUNING BY: HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
( 1.63 60' / 12.03@109.22 11/14/2014 ) N/A best = 13.839@100.12 6/19/2015
** New for 2015 ** 1 piece driveshaft and New Stall convertor by: CIRCLE D
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
IneedAZ

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Main things u need to have the ability to monitor and change are timing and AFR. A good tune will allow many many runs.How much do u want to spray?
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, Throttle Contoller, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, N.O. Nitrous, JacFab 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake. 12.3@112
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM   #4
MrGarb

I was thinking of 50. This is because I would really like Nitrous, but I don't want to wear the engine down too much. It seems to me less spray = less wear over time. Considering the flip side to this coin, idk if 50 more horses would really justify the price of purchace/installment. This will be a DD car as well, forgot to mention.

Mods/other: Scosche head unit, Black rear lightup bowtie, footwell lighting, Chevy door puddle lights, chrome door sills, locking fuel door cover.

Mods/Sound: Pioneer 4100 radio, Hertz high energy tweets/6x9's, JL Audio 12TW3 sub in custom box, hush mats in doors, 2 amps I forget the names of..

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #5
MrGarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Thank you! I must have overlooked this post.