Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #76
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
Must be a Ford guy!
"Team Fordpower" didn't give it away? Or maybe "SIK07GTSTANG"? lol
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #77
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Isn't there a Mustang forum somewhere online? Look! I think I hear your buddies calling you. I think they want to know what the heck are those halo eagle eye headlights and why are they approaching so quickly, OMG!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #78
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Had to be a Ford guy!
Yep, a Ford guy that also owns an IOM 2SS/RS M6. And just because I'm a Ford guy doesn't mean power-to-weight ratios and torque don't exist.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #79
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Quote:
Isn't there a Mustang forum somewhere online? Look! I think I hear your buddies calling you. I think they want to know what the heck are those halo eagle eye headlights and why are they approaching so quickly, OMG!
You mean the Halos from a 2LT? Oh that's nothing to worry about, it's only a V6.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #80
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Yep, a Ford guy that also owns an IOM 2SS/RS M6. And just because I'm a Ford guy doesn't mean power-to-weight ratios and torque don't exist.
Why would team Fordpower buy a Chevy Camaro?

The last time I checked Ford made a GT500 Cobra, Mustang GT, etc.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #81
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Why would team Fordpower buy a Chevy Camaro?

The last time I checked Ford made a GT500 Cobra, Mustang GT, etc.
Lol just because I'm a Ford fan automatically means I'm not allowed to buy a Chevy? I guess it's wrong to like two different muscle cars now. . Ignorant comments rock!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #82
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Quote:
Why would you own such a massive boat of a vehicle?

In all seriousness, I think it's cool that you can look beyond the fanboyism and appreciate the rival vehicle. You do seem offended at every pro-Chevy comment, expect it... it's a Camaro forum.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #83
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
You mean the Halos from a 2LT? Oh that's nothing to worry about, it's only a V6.
yep... and some times all the power in the world doesn't help...

I'm a Mustang guy... and I'm a V6 guy... but Ford screwed up the rear completely on the 2010... and missed the boat by deciding to put 3.7 in the 2011 instead of the Ecoboost, which would have rocked... I went with the 2010 Camaro... 2LT RS.. and as big as a boat as it is it still beats the current Ford 4.0... and trust me... I know the 4.0...

I really DON'T care if the Camaro I'm driving is real or fake... I just can't stop driving the damn thing!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #84
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Why would you own such a massive boat of a vehicle?

In all seriousness, I think it's cool that you can look beyond the fanboyism and appreciate the rival vehicle. You do seem offended at every pro-Chevy comment, expect it... it's a Camaro forum.
Not every pro-Chevy comment...it would be simply inane to expect Ford sympathy on a Camaro site. I just get a laugh at pro-Chevy comments that don't take into account actual facts, let alone intelligence and common sense. Saying a V6 Camaro will beat a Mustang GT, for example...that's just silly.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #85
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Hey guys. I'm new to the forums, so bear with me. I ordered a Rally yellow, 2LT RS pack 3 weeks ago ( i know it's gonna be awhile!) I've driven a V6 and I was really impressed with it. Right now I'm driving a 2007 Mustang GT and if no one buys it from me I'm gonna trade it. I've never owned a Chevy, but will be happy to. Here's the thing, an SS is awesome no doubt, BUT, I can't afford it. While my Mustang has 300 horses (on a good day), the 2LT Camaro will more than likely come out better in terms of power (I'm pretty sure thats true). It's roomier than what I drive now And I can always save $$ and drop in a V8 and/or do some other work to it. But as it stands, the V6 is no slouch. I know for a fact that a v6 can hang with my Mustang and then some. (All depends on who's driving...) Pay the haters no mind...
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #86
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Not every pro-Chevy comment...it would be simply inane to expect Ford sympathy on a Camaro site. I just get a laugh at pro-Chevy comments that don't take into account actual facts, let alone intelligence and common sense. Saying a V6 Camaro will beat a Mustang GT, for example...that's just silly.
Watch the video I just posted... it CAN be done! Because when it comes to racing there is a heck of a lot more than just power... You can have the biggest, baddest car but you goof your launch (like the Shelby GT did) or you RED LIGHT in the finals (Like i've done!!!) then it simply doesn't matter... your done! LOL!

BTW... here's the time slip

beat him by .002... not much.. but then again it's still a loss...
Old 07-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #87
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchin2Chevy View Post
Hey guys. I'm new to the forums, so bear with me. I ordered a Rally yellow, 2LT RS pack 3 weeks ago ( i know it's gonna be awhile!) I've driven a V6 and I was really impressed with it. Right now I'm driving a 2007 Mustang GT and if no one buys it from me I'm gonna trade it. I've never owned a Chevy, but will be happy to. Here's the thing, an SS is awesome no doubt, BUT, I can't afford it. While my Mustang has 300 horses (on a good day), the 2LT Camaro will more than likely come out better in terms of power (I'm pretty sure thats true). It's roomier than what I drive now And I can always save $$ and drop in a V8 and/or do some other work to it. But as it stands, the V6 is no slouch. I know for a fact that a v6 can hang with my Mustang and then some. (All depends on who's driving...) Pay the haters no mind...
Good driver in a 2005+ GT will wipe the track with a 2LT... They have the torque advantage and the weight advantage.. I think moving from the 07 GT to a 2LT would be a step down...
Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #88
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Ya know, I'm tired of these v6 defence threads. I'm one who is happy that the Camaro is offered in different trim and cost levels so more people can enjoy these beautifully sculpted vehicles.

Not everyone needs to beat a Stang.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #89
hoozat
Hoozat

Drives: 87 vette, 67 mustang, 10 2LTRS
Love my 2LT/RS... nowhere to use all the power its got anyway... perfectly happy with the car and the money saved...

4200 06-11-09 shipped
received 6-24-09 and home !
hoozat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #90
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Watch the video I just posted... it CAN be done! Because when it comes to racing there is a heck of a lot more than just power... You can have the biggest, baddest car but you goof your launch (like the Shelby GT did) or you RED LIGHT in the finals (Like i've done!!!) then it simply doesn't matter... your done! LOL!

BTW... here's the time slip

beat him by .002... not much.. but then again it's still a loss...
Obviously...I'm talking a stock vs. stock, same driver skill race. That's like me saying "I beat a Ferrari F430 around the track...but oh ya, he started 2 minutes after I did." Your race has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the V6 Camaro can hold up to a GT.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #91
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
When I rented one from Avis and told my dad about it the first thing he said to me was "Did you get a CAMARO?" I said yeah 2010 Camaro so he says "No did you get a real CAMARO?" I was like nah it's the V6 but its really impressive for a V6... I made him drive it and he was somewhat impressed and recommended I get a V6 instead of the V8. I will not be happy with it though knowing the V8 was an option so its all or nothing for me.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #92
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
lets just get something stright here. u should never use the words "v6" and "muscle car" in the same sentence. as wonderfull and the v6 might in fact be its still a v6 camaro and not the v8. u can say all the specs and stuff on it but in everyone elses mind is a little v6 and not a massive displacement v8, and there for u picked the cheaper side so to speak.
imo if people are on ur ass about haveing a v6 maro, ignore them u got it for urself and not to impress others. i respect a camaro driver regardless of what motor is in there car.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #93
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Lol just because I'm a Ford fan automatically means I'm not allowed to buy a Chevy? I guess it's wrong to like two different muscle cars now. . Ignorant comments rock!

Why must you come into a Chevy forum and try to make guys that purchased a V6 Camaro feel bad with quotes like this;

"V6 doesn't necessarily have "plenty of power."
"just because its has 304hp doesn't mean it's its quick."
"You mean the halos on the 2LT?" Oh that's nothing to worry about because its only a V6."
Its pretty obvious where you stand and what brand you support. You definately don't stand up for the fellow Camaro5 members.

It only takes 1 second of reading your posts to see exactly what you're up to.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #94
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Obviously...I'm talking a stock vs. stock, same driver skill race. That's like me saying "I beat a Ferrari F430 around the track...but oh ya, he started 2 minutes after I did." Your race has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the V6 Camaro can hold up to a GT.
actually it does have some bearing... a lot of guys that have NEVER been to the track think just because they buy a GT or a SS they are instant track pros and will being running low 13's first time out.. I remember being at Fun Ford weekend and watching a number of guys running 14.5s with their GTs!!! And then there was the guy with the GT500 running 15's! LOL!

This whole thing of this car beats this car is pointless... anyone can lose on any given day....

Bottom line, ENJOY YOUR CAR! Be it a Stang, Camaro or Challenger... 6 or 8! It's all good!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #95
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
I think all that matters is that your happy and screw what others have to say. You have a Camaro and they don't.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #96
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Quote:
Why must you come into a Chevy forum and try to make guys that purchased a V6 Camaro feel bad with quotes like this;

"You mean the halos on the 2LT?" Oh that's nothing to worry about because its only a V6."
Its pretty obvious where you stand and what brand you support. You definately don't stand up for the fellow Camaro5 members.

Oh don't feel upset. I make just as much fun of V6 Mustangs as I do V6 Camaros. Cheer up.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #97
FISHTAIL

Quote:
I was going to say something but I think my other Camaro buddies got my back, cause that’s how we ROLL

:party0038:
Old 07-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #98
FISHTAIL

Quote:

Old 07-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #99
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Quote:

Wow talk about reading into things. It's pretty apparent that you, yourself are the one with a predetermined stance on the subject. The statements I made are purely subjective from a car enthusiast's point of view. You're coming from a "DEFEND MY CAMARO AT ALL COSTS" stance. Like I said, it's blatantly apparent. "What I'm up to..." Wow, too funny.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #100
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
actually it does have some bearing... a lot of guys that have NEVER been to the track think just because they buy a GT or a SS they are instant track pros and will being running low 13's first time out.. I remember being at Fun Ford weekend and watching a number of guys running 14.5s with their GTs!!! And then there was the guy with the GT500 running 15's! LOL!

This whole thing of this car beats this car is pointless... anyone can lose on any given day....

Bottom line, ENJOY YOUR CAR! Be it a Stang, Camaro or Challenger... 6 or 8! It's all good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
I think all that matters is that your happy and screw what others have to say. You have a Camaro and they don't.
Quote:
I was going to say something but I think my other Camaro buddies got my back, cause that’s how we ROLL

:party0038:
yep
yep

and yep
well said

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote