Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #1
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
Anyone done a 2014 rear view mirror or information center upgrade?

Just wondering if anyone has thought about or started the upgrade for the 2014 borderless rear view mirror with build in touch buttons install or the awesome new information center upgrade to a old 5th Gen?
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
jiannotto9492

Drives: 2014 Red 2LS
People have done it. From what it looks like it is relatively easy.

http://www.gen5diy.com/image/data/PDFs/Document1.pdf

Last edited by jiannotto9492; 07-30-2014 at 10:13 AM.
jiannotto9492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
Adding the Frameless Mirror was one of the Mods I did when I added Gen5DIY's MyLink upgrade to my 2010 2LT/RS Camaro

Walt

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
Spirited One

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
Adding the Frameless Mirror was one of the Mods I did when I added Gen5DIY's MyLink upgrade to my 2010 2LT/RS Camaro

Walt
How do you like it and have you had any issues? How's the Mylink working out for you?
Spirited One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited One View Post
How do you like it and have you had any issues? How's the Mylink working out for you?
Walt is a good friend of gen5's, he will post up his info as soon as he is back on line, but if he did not like it he will call us and tell us whats going on.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:08 AM   #6
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
Thanks Ofer. I am still in the Recovery Mode from the various medical Procedures I had to endure so far this summer. Last one was done Friday and it's after effects hurt like a son of a bitch. To make it short Prostrate issues and Roto-Rooter on male parts, and this is after having a broken nose repaired that I did not know was broken until last December and varicose vain procedures on both legs, plus some self important idiots who want me to do jury duty in the middle of this.

Now as Ofer has said, I am a Long Term friend of Gen5DIY an Ofer himself and if I have a problem with anything, I am not one to remain silent. The Frame-Less Mirror works perfectly, the HUD is still working perfectly, the interfacing of the HUD, mirror, back up camera, and MyLink are all Perfect. I use to have the POS OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation and I HATED IT. One I had the MyLink with Nav I never had to use that POS system again and when it came time to renew with OnStar, I dropped the larger package they have for just the Safe and Sound package. I use to have the back up camera in the rear view mirror, except with the MyLink install (Mod) I had it switched to the MyLink Screen, the picture comes on as soon as my Camaro is placed in reverse. All of these Upgrades/Mods were well worth the time and money to have them done and all of them are done using factory parts by Ofer.

Walt

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:31 AM   #7
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
Same here! I have bought things from Gen5DIY and have talked to Ofer on the phone. His wire harnesses and products he sells uses OEM plugs and connectors and is top notch. Don't hesitate to buy from him at all. Real nice website and easy to find what you need and are looking for. If not just contact him and he will help you with what you need.
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
DWALEX

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiannotto9492 View Post
People have done it. From what it looks like it is relatively easy.

http://www.gen5diy.com/image/data/PDFs/Document1.pdf
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...9756:thumbsup:
My 2010
Attached Images