Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 07-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
CTcamaro1

Drives: 2012 camaro ls/rs
catch can

hey guys im kinda a newbie here.... however, everyone has been telling me to get a catch can, and that its definitely worth it, so i did... but the thing is i kind of dont even know what it does, essentially it catches oil before entering the manifold or throttle body? correct? and how hard of an install is it?
CTcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTcamaro1 View Post
hey guys im kinda a newbie here.... however, everyone has been telling me to get a catch can, and that its definitely worth it, so i did... but the thing is i kind of dont even know what it does, essentially it catches oil before entering the manifold or throttle body? correct? and how hard of an install is it?
Congratulations on your new ride. Here is a good thread from a site vendor. I went with elite engineering and couldn't be happier. Install was easy for our LFX engine. Do your homework and make an informed decision. Enjoy!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=Catch
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Correct, it keeps oil from gunking up your intake manifold (someone can probably give a more technical definition). It takes less than an hour and absolutely no mechanical skills to install. I just put one on last month.

what brand did you get?
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
2 CANS

I recently installed a can on the dirty side and one on the clean side. I'm one of those thjat think that we have to protect the PCV valve going back to the crank case and one to protect the oïl going in the throttle body. This way oïl doen'nt get into the engine to be burnt ...

I chose Elite cans because of their top quality and it's easy to empty the oïl from the réservoirs...Name:  engine bay Elite 1.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  engine bay elite 2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  engine bay elite 3.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  enine bay elite 3.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  91.2 KB
Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
CTcamaro1

Drives: 2012 camaro ls/rs
thank you for the responses guys!! and i ended up going with the rx catch can, it should be here in a couple of days... and then i am ordering the ported throttle body friday which i cannot wait for!!
CTcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Get a cold air intake and you'll be golden! And count your pennies cause this is just the beginning...enjoy!
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote