Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,557
RX Twin Turbo kit review long over due!

After a little over a year of sitting in silence over the hardship of getting my car 100% after taking delivery from RX I have had enough. So I will get down to the point quick.

I paid for a turnkey twin turbo kit from RX in Dec. 2011 and took delivery end of March 2012. And the car wasn't still ready, as I had to help and get dirty to finish the kit and test the car out. It felt great at first but later the nightmare began. I had his help at first but everything sent was wrong or even more wrong. SOOO I just started paying out of pocket for everything to fix the wrongs. I almost traded up for a 1LE but back out. To this day I am still paying for new MAF sensors and oil quarts. I have to clean my engine and MAF regularly. I was finally offered to have the car rebuilt with Matt (when he was there) looking over the improvements. When Matt left didn't like what I was seeing and being practiced at the shop so I backed off and cut ties to RX slowly. As of this past weekend I have finally worked out all the kinks thank's to some help from Derrick (Gretchen), Matt at FSP and Mike at SE-Power. Finding and custom making the parts needed properly has been a long task. But with me over looking it all and doing the labor myself I can ensure it's done right. Some may ask why I waited so long to open my mouth but enough is enough after seeing all these new builds going south under his direction. I am not the only one. Alex (V6owner) and Chris (BaylorCamaro) and I have wanted to write reviews for a long time. But we always gave Tracy a chance to right his wrongs but no thanks now. The message he left me tonight was uncalled for also after the mess I have been dealt from him.

All of my turbo kits problems since delivery.

1. Pipe welds break

2. Wrong size oil lines and fittings installed

3. Wastegates weren't install properly

4. Meth kit staying on continuously

5. Missing parts I paid for

6. Over tightened my header clamps causing clamp failure

7. Missing header bolts

8. Catch can failed

9. Wrong BOV spring

10. Boost control installed wrong

11. Charge pipes and intercooler filled with oil
__________________

Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 07-11-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Can't_C_Me is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,557















Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 07-11-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Can't_C_Me is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I paid for a turnkey twin turbo kit from RX in Dec. 2011 and took delivery end of March 2012.
I know your pain, there's nothing turnkey about our kits. But I'm glad to hear your car is doing better. Now get yourself a proper Evac kit!
butters is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,227
Glad you made the Custom TT work PROPERLY after a year. It only cost you am arm and a leg. Yes get the proper EVAC on that vette killer
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
That's a lot of oil!
butters is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #6
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq
 
GbrilliantQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 2,624
=/
__________________
GbrilliantQ is online now  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #7
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,242
good to see this thread.
__________________
LIM3 is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #8
family man

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: .
Posts: 1,126
Un-f'ing-believable, another hack job by RX.

I hope you get it sqaured away real soon, sorry this happened to you and the others.
family man is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,734
Glad things are coming together on your build. No go have fun!
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #10
Smirnoff

 
Smirnoff's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Motorcity Dragway
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
After a little over a year of sitting in silence over the hardship of getting my car 100% after taking delivery from RX I have had enough. So I will get down to the point quick.

I paid for a turnkey twin turbo kit from RX in Dec. 2011 and took delivery end of March 2012. And the car wasn't still ready, as I had to help and get dirty to finish the kit and test the car out. It felt great at first but later the nightmare began. I had his help at first but everything sent was wrong or even more wrong. SOOO I just started paying out of pocket for everything to fix the wrongs. I almost traded up for a 1LE but back out. To this day I am still paying for new MAF sensors and oil quarts. I have to clean my engine and MAF regularly. I was finally offered to have the car rebuilt with Matt (when he was there) looking over the improvements. When Matt left didn't like what I was seeing and being practiced at the shop so I backed off and cut ties to RX slowly. As of this past weekend I have finally worked out all the kinks thank's to some help from Derrick (Gretchen), Matt at FSP and Mike at SE-Power. Finding and custom making the parts needed properly has been a long task. But with me over looking it all and doing the labor myself I can ensure it's done right. Some may ask why I waited so long to open my mouth but enough is enough after seeing all these new builds going south under his direction. I am not the only one. Alex (V6owner) and Chris (BaylorCamaro) and I have wanted to write reviews for a long time. But we always gave Tracy a chance to right his wrongs but no thanks now. The message he left me tonight was uncalled for also after the mess I have been dealt from him.

All of my turbo kits problems since delivery.

1. Pipe welds break

2. Wrong size oil lines and fittings installed

3. Wastegates weren't install properly

4. Meth kit staying on continuously

5. Missing parts I paid for

6. Over tightened my header clamps causing clamp failure

7. Missing header bolts

8. Catch can failed

9. Wrong BOV spring

10. Boost control installed wrong

11. Charge pipes and intercooler filled with oil
Bump for WOW!
__________________
11.90's w/headers, CAI, tune, & some high-test (no bling).



Smirnoff is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,077
And it appears what we have is dishonesty and greed here......he was sent a brand new turbo over a years ago and refuses to return the one he claimed leaked (we shipped it as soon as he asked, with no pre-pay required) and he has refused to respond to requests to return it or the one he claimed leaked. That is $1200 he has cheated us out of. The entire story dosent seem to matter here does it.

Return the replacement or the faulty unit now.....or your essentially the dishonest one here.
SC2150 is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
And it appears what we have is dishonesty and greed here......he was sent a brand new turbo over a years ago and refuses to return the one he claimed leaked (we shipped it as soon as he asked, with no pre-pay required) and he has refused to respond to requests to return it or the one he claimed leaked. That is $1200 he has cheated us out of. The entire story dosent seem to matter here does it.

Return the replacement or the faulty unit now.....or your essentially the dishonest one here.
Really? You made him pay $10k for something that wasn't even working properly and had to hane him fix it properly and your kit caused all that oul everywhere and you want something back?
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
And it appears what we have is dishonesty and greed here......he was sent a brand new turbo over a years ago and refuses to return the one he claimed leaked (we shipped it as soon as he asked, with no pre-pay required) and he has refused to respond to requests to return it or the one he claimed leaked. That is $1200 he has cheated us out of. The entire story dosent seem to matter here does it.

Return the replacement or the faulty unit now.....or your essentially the dishonest one here.
Really? Out of everything I said all you worried about is a broken turbo? I don't see where I have been dishonest at here. That turbo doesn't even cost $1200 I have priced them with many shops. I've sold the broke turbo to fund my rebuild project. And dont say you offered to fix everything thing. Because from what I have seen lately you aren't touching my car. I'm lucky I have been able to catch all these faults and fix them before it blew my engine. Not to mention that you always on meth kit almost started a fire in my trunk. There alot I haven't said before or in this post and I can continue posting pictures.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Really? Out of everything I said all you worried about is a broken turbo? I don't see where I have been dishonest at here. That turbo doesn't even cost $1200 I have priced them with many shops. I've sold the broke turbo to fund my rebuild project. And dont say you offered to fix everything thing. Because from what I have seen lately you aren't touching my car. I'm lucky I have been able to catch all these faults and fix them before it blew my engine. Not to mention that you always on meth kit almost started a fire in my trunk. There alot I haven't said before or in this post and I can continue posting pictures.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Meth kit must have been hooked up backwards
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
Love the new signature Cisco!
butters is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
SlowSS


 
SlowSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 3,847
Damn man I had no idea that you were having issues with your car. I figured that you were one of the lucky ones lol. Glad you got it back up to par! Get out to some of the meets when you can.
__________________
SlowSS is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,077
Since he would not communicate with us, and yes, we need the old turbo to turn in for warranty replacement, we did not either....but it is still theft. He was notified we HAD to return it to BW and never did.....told us all along (can show the emails) that it was not installed.....so very dishonest.

Also, so we can see how butters will burn up with the current shop adding an oil restrictor, read page 74 of the EFR tech manual:

http://www.turbodriven.com/files/pdf...ical_brief.pdf
SC2150 is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Also, so we can see how butters will burn up with the current shop adding an oil restrictor, read page 74 of the EFR tech manual:

http://www.turbodriven.com/files/pdf...ical_brief.pdf
does the manual say anything about installing pumps backwards? I would think that would burn up the turbo as well
butters is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Since he would not communicate with us, and yes, we need the old turbo to turn in for warranty replacement, we did not either....but it is still theft. He was notified we HAD to return it to BW and never did.....told us all along (can show the emails) that it was not installed.....so very dishonest.

Also, so we can see how butters will burn up with the current shop adding an oil restrictor, read page 74 of the EFR tech manual:

http://www.turbodriven.com/files/pdf...ical_brief.pdf
You are speaking of a turbo when I'm talking about a whole build. Where are my tie rods I paid for? I have emails also you saying that you were going to rebuild the turbo. Not return it to BW, maybe to use on another car. And I have said that I have not returned the turbo. But it went to the money I have spent repairing your mess.

And I have spoken to BW techs and other REAL TURBO specialist. And they don't recommend restrictors but it can be done if sized at 062 and larger. All cars don't make the same pressure so even have a big pump and line won't help most of the times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
HP Turbine
Boosted
 
HP Turbine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Smithfield, RI
Posts: 1,249


Not wishing anymore damage upon anyone here, but if something does happen to butters turbo its going to be a big finger pointing game.
__________________

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is online now  
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #21
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,599
Just a FYI, There is no external restrictor installed in butters car, never was one. Obviously the smoking issue was solved because the scavenge system is pumping correctly and is adequate for the amount of oil coming through the turbo cartridge.
__________________
BLACK FRIDAY DEALS IN FULL EFFECT, PM US!!!

We carry all the best products lines! Driveshaft Shop, Fore Innovations, American Racing Headers, Diablosport, East Coast Supercharging, Vortech Superchargers, Borla Exhaust, Magnaflow Exhaust, VMax Motorsports, Mantic Clutches, LG Motorsports
Matt @ FSP is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #22
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com
 
dorfmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,841
With all the RX bashing, at what point is it more beneficial to just let these posts go unresponded to and focus efforts on doing things properly so that people can start having a reason to post positive comments?
dorfmac is online now  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #23
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
With all the RX bashing, at what point is it more beneficial to just let these posts go unresponded to and focus efforts on doing things properly so that people can start having a reason to post positive comments?
butters is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
With all the RX bashing, at what point is it more beneficial to just let these posts go unresponded to and focus efforts on doing things properly so that people can start having a reason to post positive comments?
But see that's the thing, the more threads like this the better. I say that because then and only then will more and more people see what RX is really about. So many threads like this pop up on a regular basis. Then Tracy chimes in on how he's so stressed because he works a thousand hours a week and so on and so on. Once again, cry me a river.

How is it that some vendors can continuously have awesome reputations like JRE, ADM Performance and LPE while vendors like RX continuously receive the negative feedback like they do? I will tell you why. Because it all boils down to the one big bad apple in the barrel. And of course we all know who that bad apple is.

I speak nothing but the truth and this section of the forum is the concrete truth. Just read through the bad RX threads. The truth is there in black and white.
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
I think what dorfmac meant was that instead of the vendor coming into all these threads and starting a shit-throwing fest, he should just worry about doing his work and letting his reputation build from a happy customer base.
butters is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.