Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #26
jake2212

 
Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs A6 Supercharged
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 965
i would damn near kill to be able to trade my ss for a zl1. it is definitely the best looking of the camaros and for sure a huge hear turner.
__________________

558rwhp/511rwtq Magnuson TVS2300 w/ 3.4 pulley @11psi, GT9 cam/LS3 conversion, BTR dual valve springs, SW 1 7/8" headers, CAI intake, SW 3" retro-chambered cat-back, VMax Ported TB, ADM FPCM, Zl1 fuel pump, FIC 80lb injectors, Elite Engineering catch can, Zl1 wheels with michelin PSS's, 1le Sway bars, Pfadt tie rods, BMR trailing arms, hotchkis strut tower brace, z/28 spoiler, zl1 front bumper and rockers, ACS tl1 insert
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #27
ZL1LEGEND
ZL1 - The Legend Returns!
 
ZL1LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSS View Post
Thank you sir!
Btw...he bought an SS...has been in my rear view ever since. Haha.

Not everyone can afford the ZL1. I feel blessed that I can. That said, if you can, it's so worth it.
ZL1LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #28
Faster12
 
Faster12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black ZL1 #1158
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
HATE when this is brought up. Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean they can't afford it. If you can afford a cammed SS, you can afford a ZL1. Problem is which would you be happier in. Sounds to me like the SS on the basis you want something YOU make fast versus coming fast from the factory. Only half a second and less difference in a SS and a ZL1 stock for stock. Half a second, and half the price.


Also, the ZL1 in the 10s is geared. Guess that, and slicks are considered "bolt ons." There is no mod list there either, so how is that known? To get to 10s, it takes a supercharger upgrade, gears, slicks, full exhaust, professional tuning, and great driving. A 4000 pound car does not run 10s with just bolt ons.



That's because it WAS faster. All day.




http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1206_2012_chevrolet_camaro_zl1_vs_2013_shelby_gt50 0/viewall.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%BCrburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

Yeah. A ZL1 does 12s. Professional drivers get an average of 12-12.3 stock depending on stick or auto.


The Nurburgring again. The ZR1 slammed the ZL1 by almost 30 seconds. 7:19. I guess you could say that's "seconds" but I would prefer to call it "almost a half minute". As far as ZR1s over 100k, yes. Brand new, they are. Z06s though have run 11.8- 12.0s consistently on run flats and 75 less hp. I have seen new Z06s in the upper 70s low 80s after incentives. Used with 2k miles, you can get a ZR1 for 71,499 at Carmax all day long. We have one here in Texas for 68,000 with 12k miles on it. I would gladly take that instead of a ZL1 for strictly performance issues.

Don't get caught in fanboy drama. Get what you want, and go with it. You can always make an SS better than a ZL1. You have 30 grand difference to do it. As said before, there is only .5 second difference in a SS and a ZL1. BUT, you can never make an SS.....A....ZL1....if that makes any sense.




You say an SS can be "better" than a ZL1? That would always be a matter of opinion (even then an arguable matter of opinion). Now to say faster...yes that is possible...but then again you can make ANY car faster than a ZL1 with the right upgrades. $30,000 might be a bit exaggerated. Base price 1SS vs base price ZL1 is about $23,000 difference. Then again base price 1SS still needs interior options as well as mechanical improvements to compare. I don't think there's any amount of money that would be worth investing in an SS in the "attempt" to make it "better" than a ZL1. You can't go out and buy the Performance Traction Management system that comes standard on the ZL1. You can't go out and buy the most advanced magnetorheological suspension system that most european automakers are envious of. Even if you went and found all the kit pieces to make an SS look like a ZL1, the facts of REAL Research support the aerodynamics of the ZL1 not the ZLwannabe. The car won't handle like the ZL1 or feel like the ZL1. So to say that he could make it better, is absolutely false. He could make it different but that's about all.

Oh and by the way, who determines who the professionals are here? We've got guys on this forum runing 11s BONE STOCK! Guess the pros need to take some lessons from those guys.

Last edited by Faster12; 07-17-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: More info
Faster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #29
SSinisterLS3
 
SSinisterLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
You can't go out and buy the most advanced magnetorheological suspension system that most european automakers are envious of.
What German company? The Germans hand us our "arse" in every road test. Porsche, Audi, BMW, and even Mercedes. Oh, wait. Not at Lemans. Haven't seen the ZL1 at Lemans. Wonder why? Oh, that's right, when it comes to racing.....Vettes take the titles.

A ZL1 is 63,000 average. Here in Texas, 70 all day. I can pick up a new 1ss for 33 well optioned. Better to me is better handling, better quarter, better horsepower, torque, and feel. Very possible with 30 grand. As for the bolt on guys, well that reminds me of the "stock" 5.0 going 11 on Youtube with 1 million views. Guy came out later and said it was tuned with an intake and drag slicks. Some people lie about their cars. The mags that test these cars all day are only recording 12.1 to 12.3. Someone lie about their car on Camaro5? Say it ain't so?

I think all ZL1s have that suspension verbage on cut and paste. Thrown up in every ZL1 conversation. Well, the GT500 records better lap times during every test. Just isn't scored high because of the brakes they use getting too hot. The GT500 doesn't use a magnetorheological suspension system so explain that? A live axle setup beating it? Must not be THAT good.
__________________
2011-Black LS3 2SS/RS-SOLD
2007-Victory Red C6-Magnacharged (M112 Intercooled), B/B Bullets, Lingenfelter Hood/Tune/Valve Covers, AR Catted Long Tubes, K/N Drop Ins, much more
SSinisterLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #30
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 6,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
What German company? The Germans hand us our "arse" in every road test. Porsche, Audi, BMW, and even Mercedes. Oh, wait. Not at Lemans. Haven't seen the ZL1 at Lemans. Wonder why? Oh, that's right, when it comes to racing.....Vettes take the titles.

A ZL1 is 63,000 average. Here in Texas, 70 all day. I can pick up a new 1ss for 33 well optioned. Better to me is better handling, better quarter, better horsepower, torque, and feel. Very possible with 30 grand. As for the bolt on guys, well that reminds me of the "stock" 5.0 going 11 on Youtube with 1 million views. Guy came out later and said it was tuned with an intake and drag slicks. Some people lie about their cars. The mags that test these cars all day are only recording 12.1 to 12.3. Someone lie about their car on Camaro5? Say it ain't so?

I think all ZL1s have that suspension verbage on cut and paste. Thrown up in every ZL1 conversation. Well, the GT500 records better lap times during every test. Just isn't scored high because of the brakes they use getting too hot. The GT500 doesn't use a magnetorheological suspension system so explain that? A live axle setup beating it? Must not be THAT good.
Dude your smoking crack !!! There was just a shootout a few months a go. The ZL1 came in 3rd, right behind a Lexus LFA. It ate the M6 and not just a little. Oh and the the Baron's car that you claim to be running "gears" for his sub 10sec run ... Ya he 's running gears, the STOCK ones. Also btw the Shelby does in fact beat the ZL1, only in a straight line and 1 or 2 hot laps on a road course, after that it fades.
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #31
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
What German company? The Germans hand us our "arse" in every road test. Porsche, Audi, BMW, and even Mercedes. Oh, wait. Not at Lemans. Haven't seen the ZL1 at Lemans. Wonder why? Oh, that's right, when it comes to racing.....Vettes take the titles.

A ZL1 is 63,000 average. Here in Texas, 70 all day. I can pick up a new 1ss for 33 well optioned. Better to me is better handling, better quarter, better horsepower, torque, and feel. Very possible with 30 grand. As for the bolt on guys, well that reminds me of the "stock" 5.0 going 11 on Youtube with 1 million views. Guy came out later and said it was tuned with an intake and drag slicks. Some people lie about their cars. The mags that test these cars all day are only recording 12.1 to 12.3. Someone lie about their car on Camaro5? Say it ain't so?

I think all ZL1s have that suspension verbage on cut and paste. Thrown up in every ZL1 conversation. Well, the GT500 records better lap times during every test. Just isn't scored high because of the brakes they use getting too hot. The GT500 doesn't use a magnetorheological suspension system so explain that? A live axle setup beating it? Must not be THAT good.
Blah blah blah blah blah

Shouldn't you be on a corvette forum talking about your wonderful 2007 LS2 rather than still trolling around here?
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #32
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSS View Post
Maybe convince was the wrong word. Just asking opinions on those that have had SS models or other cars how they feel now after ZL purchase. Just recently traded my GrandSport and it felt faster than either ZL that I drove.
OK, I had a 2011 2SS/RS Vert M6 and I loved it to death.
Then GM decided to make a ZL1 Vert. I rushed down to the dealer to make sure my name was on their list, and it was delivered Aug 27 2012.

they may both be Camaro's, but the ZL1 is a whole different car than the SS. Yes it's heavy, and yes visability can be an issue some times, but boy do I love this beast.

I have no plans on racing it (that would rquire a roll bar), and it might not be the fastest car in the world, but for me driving it for pleasure, 580hp seems to be perfect for me knowing this car is DESIGNED to be driven hard but is still covered by a 100kmile warranty.

Take it out on a nice 71 degree day, turn the nannies off (careful now), press teh loud pedal and just be transported to heaven if even for just a short while.

It is comfortable, smooth, and the right amount of oh crap power is there whenever you want it.

And...., if 580 is not enough, and you don't care abhout the warranty, 700rwhp is very easy to come by.

Is it faster than a Vette, or a modded SS? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is what I bought is to me the perfect amount of power for me.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #33
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSS View Post
Lol, that's funny.
Lol, I almost got cha!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
HATE when this is brought up. Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean they can't afford it. If you can afford a cammed SS, you can afford a ZL1. Problem is which would you be happier in. Sounds to me like the SS on the basis you want something YOU make fast versus coming fast from the factory. Only half a second and less difference in a SS and a ZL1 stock for stock. Half a second, and half the price.
The OP got the joke, you obviously took it seriously. So since apparently what I said struck a nerve it looks like it applies to you. And if you can afford a Cammed SS doesn't mean you can afford a ZL1, wtf lol. Most owners typically finance the car in full. And with the SS with mods your obviously not financing a $54-60k+ vehicle. In any case it's a matter of personal preference on what the OP decides to do.

The OP needed convincing, I told him he can't afford it and convince me otherwise he can which ultimately means if he took the bait he'd buy the ZL1. Lmao. So relax buddy, you completely dived head first in a empty pool.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #35
ZL1-V

 
ZL1-V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSS View Post
Payments arent the issue and the car is definitely badass, just asking from having three C6 vettes and a modded SS, if the car was as fast initially as you guys/gals thought it would be. One just seemed like an average car and not a 580hp.


You've owned the others what's preventing you from buying this one? The car is already fast you have to adapt to it's feeling. It lulls you into thinking there's nothing happening. This car can be modded also. The thing I like about that is you start off with a better package to start modding.



I actually just did research, looked at ZL1's at three different dealers and bought the third one I saw off of the showroom floor after getting the dealer to discount! I believe the majority of owners on here that really want a ZL1 just locate what they want and buy it.

Last edited by ZL1-V; 07-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.
ZL1-V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
You say an SS can be "better" than a ZL1?
Faster, It's best to ignore this guy, he's a H8R that confuses his facts to make his arguments seem okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
You've owned the others what's preventing you from buying this one? The car is already fast you have to adapt to it's feeling. It lulls you into thinking there's nothing happening. This car can be modded also. The thing I like about that is you start off with a better package to start modding.
Great point, the ZL1 is a great platform to start with, I mean intake, pulleys, and a tune turn the car into more of a beast, because it sure already is one.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #37
ZL1-V

 
ZL1-V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Faster, It's best to ignore this guy, he's a H8R that confuses his facts to make his arguments seem okay



Great point, the ZL1 is a great platform to start with, I mean intake, pulleys, and a tune turn the car into more of a beast, because it sure already is one.

People that OWN the car know that for a fact! I focused on suspension mods first. The difference is amazing. If you think the car handles well stock it handles even better when modded correctly. It allows you to understand the car even more and enjoy the changes done to it. It appears from what I am reading about engine mods the feeling is the similar, as in you can "feel" the changes immediately. I will eventually get to engine mods for my car after roll bar and seats are done.
ZL1-V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #38
spacedriver
 
Drives: 2011 ss silver black strips 6 speed
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bethlehem Pa
Posts: 75
All I have to say after reading everybody's posts ,my next camaro will be a ZL1.
spacedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #39
URBAN LEGEND
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Faster, It's best to ignore this guy, he's a H8R that confuses his facts to make his arguments seem okay



Great point, the ZL1 is a great platform to start with, I mean intake, pulleys, and a tune turn the car into more of a beast, because it sure already is one.
Agreed. Just needs a tad more power. About 75 rwhp. Every other performance area is good to go stock.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #40
jessrayo
Speed Freak
 
jessrayo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 1,347
I am always amazed at how the ZL1 runs next other cars because it feels slow to me but it is not.
__________________
ADM - 434 ERL superdeck block. Trickflow 6 bolt heads, ADM cam, valves, springs. Heartbeat 2300 blower. RPM custom manual trans, RPS triple carbon clutch, 3.23 rear diff. LPE pulley upgrades, IDE1200's. ADM 2000hp fuel system, ADM trunk mount intercooler reservoir, Ron Davis heat ex, and radiator, LPE oil cooler, rear subframe bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock kit, braided brake and clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. New dyno numbers pending after turbo install.
jessrayo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #41
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Agreed. Just needs a tad more power. About 75 rwhp. Every other performance area is good to go stock.
Well there you go. Amazingly Jannetty has a 75rwhp package ready to go
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #42
SSinisterLS3
 
SSinisterLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Dude your smoking crack !!! There was just a shootout a few months a go. The ZL1 came in 3rd, right behind a Lexus LFA. It ate the M6 and not just a little. Oh and the the Baron's car that you claim to be running "gears" for his sub 10sec run ... Ya he 's running gears, the STOCK ones. Also btw the Shelby does in fact beat the ZL1, only in a straight line and 1 or 2 hot laps on a road course, after that it fades.
All of that doesn't matter if you can't even beat a LIVE AXLE SPORTS CAR! It's GM's rival, and they failed. The ZL1 costs more. Strike one. The ZL1 loses the quarter. Strike two. The ZL1 has "supreme handling" but still loses on the road course. Strike three, they are out. One or two hot laps? Who is going to enter their car into ANY race with an extended period of time without changing the brakes anyway? Point is, one test lap, one quarter test, and two victories for the GT500. Any way you slice the pie, its still pie. As for gears, that car is in fifth before half the strip is gone. Umm...geared. There is also a highly modded ZL1 on this forum with 760whp. No nitrous. Found the thread this morning, can't find it again. He ran high tens. Same as this so called "bolt on ZL1." If bolt ons get the ZL1 to 760whp I will eat the whole car in its entirety. Isn't going to happen.

The M6? Really? I'm the one smoking, huh? The M6 pulls 13s. European versions are rated at 14. Wonder which will win. My freaking stock CSRT4 pulled a 14. That is a very poorly put together "shoot out."
__________________
2011-Black LS3 2SS/RS-SOLD
2007-Victory Red C6-Magnacharged (M112 Intercooled), B/B Bullets, Lingenfelter Hood/Tune/Valve Covers, AR Catted Long Tubes, K/N Drop Ins, much more

Last edited by SSinisterLS3; 07-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.
SSinisterLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #43
Expunge
 
Expunge's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy S10 ZR2, 2013 ZL1 AGM M6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Well there you go. Amazingly Jannetty has a 75rwhp package ready to go
What is it? 25 fuzzy dice? Had to say it because of your sig.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #44
URBAN LEGEND
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Well there you go. Amazingly Jannetty has a 75rwhp package ready to go
Just got back from LMR in Houston. Tune, pulley, intake averages in their shop around 100 rwhp. That will do it for me. Cost including install is around 1900.00.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #45
URBAN LEGEND
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
All of that doesn't matter if you can't even beat a LIVE AXLE SPORTS CAR! It's GM's rival, and they failed. The ZL1 costs more. Strike one. The ZL1 loses the quarter. Strike two. The ZL1 has "supreme handling" but still loses on the road course. Strike three, they are out. One or two hot laps? Who is going to enter their car into ANY race with an extended period of time without changing the brakes anyway? Point is, one test lap, one quarter test, and two victories for the GT500. Any way you slice the pie, its still pie. As for gears, that car is in fifth before half the strip is gone. Umm...geared. There is also a highly modded ZL1 on this forum with 760whp. No nitrous. Found the thread this morning, can't find it again. He ran high tens. Same as this so called "bolt on ZL1." If bolt ons get the ZL1 to 760whp I will eat the whole car in its entirety. Isn't going to happen.

The M6? Really? I'm the one smoking, huh? The M6 pulls 13s. European versions are rated at 14. Wonder which will win. My freaking stock CSRT4 pulled a 14. That is a very poorly put together "shoot out."
The ZL1 costs less and where did it loose in the road course test?
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #46
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,466
I like the overall drive of the ZL1 but the acceleration never feels brutal. Balanced cars tend not to feel brutal though.

I would rather have the ZL1 than an SS or 1le hands down though even moded. Mag ride and robust drivetrain. Speed comes easy to these cars.

the nice thing on a boosted car about wanting more power is it just does not get much easier to add. I have seen people run high 10's with 600whp and that is 3k away from any tuner.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #47
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
All of that doesn't matter if you can't even beat a LIVE AXLE SPORTS CAR! It's GM's rival, and they failed. The ZL1 costs more. Strike one. The ZL1 loses the quarter. Strike two. The ZL1 has "supreme handling" but still loses on the road course. Strike three, they are out. One or two hot laps? Who is going to enter their car into ANY race with an extended period of time without changing the brakes anyway? Point is, one test lap, one quarter test, and two victories for the GT500. Any way you slice the pie, its still pie. As for gears, that car is in fifth before half the strip is gone. Umm...geared. There is also a highly modded ZL1 on this forum with 760whp. No nitrous. Found the thread this morning, can't find it again. He ran high tens. Same as this so called "bolt on ZL1." If bolt ons get the ZL1 to 760whp I will eat the whole car in its entirety. Isn't going to happen.

The M6? Really? I'm the one smoking, huh? The M6 pulls 13s. European versions are rated at 14. Wonder which will win. My freaking stock CSRT4 pulled a 14. That is a very poorly put together "shoot out."
Where is the GT 500's Nurburing time? We know they ran it. The test was done with a 2012 ZL1 and a 2013 GT 500. They couldn't even compare the same model year. And the nice thing about the ZL1 is they made it with room for much more power and the GT 500 is already pushing its limits.
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #48
580/556 ZL1
 
580/556 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 89
Whatever VETT guy's or STANG guy's say's i love my ZL1, just the look of it beats them all !.. may be its not faster then a GT500 on quater miles but in my case i can mod and add HP ,in GT500 case whatever i would do, i wouldn't be able to change the skin to get the look that i want(you could have a PINTO whit 1000HP and beat my Z like if i was driving a scooter...i wouldn't want it anyway ...and for the Vett guy's GT-R's beat Vett's.. like GT500 beat ZL1...would you change your mind for a GT-R,,i doubt.......
580/556 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #49
URBAN LEGEND
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by 580/556 ZL1 View Post
..and for the Vett guy's GT-R's beat Vett's.. like GT500 beat ZL1...would you change your mind for a GT-R,,i doubt.......
I would.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #50
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
What is it? 25 fuzzy dice? Had to say it because of your sig.
Oh the Fuzzy Dice work
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.