Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Roto-Fab-ulous!!

Installed my new Roto-Fab intake last night--thanks Apex/Chase, BTW--and took her for a spin after. Install took about an hour, but I was going slow and making sure the heat barrier was seated really well.

My test drive started pretty normally, with not much change at startup or slow acceleration.

Then I got the RPMs up to about 24-2500, and WOW!!

The most unholy roar emanated from under my hood! Passersby were looking for the nearest exorcist!!!

And I had the biggest smile on my face since getting the car! This easy mod really woke up this car. If you have been trying to decide which mod to go with next, I HIGHLY recommend a CAI, and in particular Roto-Fab!!

Outstanding!!

Before:

After:

DO IT!!!

You won't regret it!!
Wishlist: VMax Ported TB -- Dash ABL -- Footwell/Cupholder/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
What led you down the roto fab path?

intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Thanks for your order and....

Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
What led you down the roto fab path?
I was really looking at the CAI, Inc. product for a long time. I do love the way they look, and they are universally praised around here. They have also tested well on the dyno charts I've seen.

BUT... They're just so damn expensive. $400, with the occasional sale price dropping them MAYBE $20-30 at best.

As a father of three children with college upcoming and multiple other places demanding I spend my money, I just had a hard time swallowing the cost of the most expensive cai available for our cars. So, I began to look at alternatives.

The Roto-Fab quickly rose to the top. Also universally praised, and by all accounts well built. After Jannetty's V8 test several years ago, they redesigned their V8 product for better performance and posted some dyno numbers that showed very good gains. Jannetty has even posted that virtually all of the top cai brands you can't go wrong with, so I was convinced the Roto-Fab would perform well, even though they weren't tested as part of Jannetty's V6 test.

Then I found a vendor that had it on sale for $269 before shipping, and they had a 4th of July coupon on top off that, bringing the price even lower. Apex matched the price for me, and I ended up getting the Roto-Fab for more than $130 less (including shipping) than the CAI brand. Couldn't pass it up.
Wishlist: VMax Ported TB -- Dash ABL -- Footwell/Cupholder/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting

Last edited by 911medic; 07-17-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Thanks for your order and....

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Congrats on the upgrade. I know if I couldn't go CAI it would be roto fab
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Congrats on the upgrade. I know if I couldn't go CAI it would be roto fab
Thank you, sir!

I can't believe how good this motor sounds now when I get on it. My gas mileage is going to suck for a while!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Kessler

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS A6 w/ BA
Yeah, I got a cai for easier breathing motor and an increase in the gas mileage. But hearing it over 3k rpm sounds so good, I can't keep from hearing it. Maybe next tank I can do the mpg test. ;-)
Blacked Out Headlight/Tail Light Areas - Blacked Out BowTies - Blacked Out 'camaro'
Brake Light Chrome Bezel delete - Front Plate Relocate
SubThump Sub Box 2 10"s - DRL to Halos

ToDos -
4 chan amp - Elite Clean Side Seperator
Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote