Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
pdiddy

Drives: 2011 2SS
want to learn about fuel pressure??

So I have recently when FI with the maggie made 540 rwhp at 5lbs of boost my question is when my car was dyno tuned would my tunner be able to see the fuel pressure as he tuned at idle and wot and tune accordingly with his software, I have attached my dyno sheet which shows air fuel but I am not sure if this some how depics fuel pressure please school me on this I just want to understand if and how my fuel pressure would have been determined safe.
Attached Images

2011 2SS JBA LONG TUBE, JBA HIGH FLOW CATS AND 3" EXHAUST, CAI CAI, 3.91 GEARS NITTO NT555R, BRM TRAILING ARMS, AND BUSHINGS, DYNO TUNED AT 408 RWHP/ ADDED A MAGGIE WITH 3.6 PULLEY ZL1 PUMP ADM FPCM DYNO TUNED AT ??? RWHP AND ??? RWTQ NEW TUNE COMING SOON
pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Matt @ FSP
Florida Speed & Power

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Please post a better picture of the graph.. NORMALLY that red dotted reference line is DEFAULTED on a Dynojet to 13.0:1... if that is still the default (Can be changed in Winpep) you have bigger problems than figuring out what your FP is..

And yes, you can log FP on any FPCM GM car (Oh and also on Ford FPCM's too fyi).

Deals On All Our Product Lines: Driveshaft Shop, East Coast Supercharging, Pfadt Race Engineering, Corsa Exhaust, Borla Exhaust, BMR Suspension, Stoptech Brakes, Hawk Pads, AEM, Autometer, Seibon Carbon, HPTuners, And More!!!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
pdiddy

another pic

see the pic above and then explain what u mean to me maybe this pic will make sense I was being told the AFR was good just trying to understand how that and fuel pressure relate
Attached Images

2011 2SS JBA LONG TUBE, JBA HIGH FLOW CATS AND 3" EXHAUST, CAI CAI, 3.91 GEARS NITTO NT555R, BRM TRAILING ARMS, AND BUSHINGS, DYNO TUNED AT 408 RWHP/ ADDED A MAGGIE WITH 3.6 PULLEY ZL1 PUMP ADM FPCM DYNO TUNED AT ??? RWHP AND ??? RWTQ NEW TUNE COMING SOON
Old 07-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
pdiddy

So maybe a better question is if my fuel system was not providing enough fuel/fuel pressure would this dyno sheet reflect it I hear people talk psi all the time just want to understand its relation to this and how to determine u have safe fuel pressure
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Matt @ FSP
Florida Speed & Power

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Ok well it's good to see that the reference line is a bit under 12.0, so that is good to see.. I usually aim for mid 11's on this boost level and 93 E10 pump.

You cannot tell your Fuel Pressure by looking at your AFR... Of course they relate because if the fuel pressure is dropping and cannot provide enough fuel it would be going lean. You would need the EFILive , HPT, CMR, SCT log to see the actual FPR, OR install a mechanical gauge on the end of the rail.

Deals On All Our Product Lines: Driveshaft Shop, East Coast Supercharging, Pfadt Race Engineering, Corsa Exhaust, Borla Exhaust, BMR Suspension, Stoptech Brakes, Hawk Pads, AEM, Autometer, Seibon Carbon, HPTuners, And More!!!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
At 5lbs of boost you shouldn't need fuel system upgrades, and if you did, your tuner would have been all over it.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
pdiddy

Good info thanks I didn't expect to need any upgrades I was just curious for future upgrades when I decide to pulley down how I would determine what my fuel was doing
Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post
Good info thanks I didn't expect to need any upgrades I was just curious for future upgrades when I decide to pulley down how I would determine what my fuel was doing
The dyno will show it clear as day, Very easy to spot and believe me your tuner is in the business of selling parts and labor. Enjoy your new supercharger, go beat up a ricer.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote