Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
Wabbit

 
Wabbit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In my car as much as I can
Posts: 776
Hawaii is nice

But there sure are a lot of Mustangs around here. I have seen a pair of Silver and a pair of white Camaros. No Danno or Steve, though. I did see a couple of camera trucks with the Five-O Productions logo on them. Still looking for where they are filming.

For you older folks our there, I did meet Glenn Mederios (1987 hit "Nothings Gonna Change My Love For You") tonight. That was kinda cool.

I miss my car.
__________________
Rally Stripes - Check
Hockey Stripes - Check
Gills - Check
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Liralen
 
Liralen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 120
Did you go to the Arizona memorial? Always a must see in my opinion. Last time we were there (few years) they were still in the process of building the new visitor arrival center.

Also, some of my friends who did a tour that sounded really neat, they went on tubes and went through the plantation water tunnels. Although you cannot be claustrophobic as you actually go in tunnels and have to where a helmet for head protection!

We also hiked up Diamond head...what a hike! But gorgeous view.
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,585
Have fun out there. I'd love to go out there again!

Do any rentals have Camaros? That could help
__________________
2014 LBM Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
monicatomokc
 
monicatomokc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Corvette 2012 Yukon Denali
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yukon, OK
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post

For you older folks our there, I did meet Glenn Mederios (1987 hit "Nothings Gonna Change My Love For You") tonight. That was kinda cool.

I miss my car.
Are you staying at the Hale Koa hotel where he hosts the Luau there?? We were there last year when they happened to be filming Hawaii 5-0 by the Army Museum and out on the beach by the Hale Koa and Hilton. Missed it because we went to the North Shore that day and found out after we got back. Just my luck....
__________________
monicatomokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Wabbit

 
Wabbit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In my car as much as I can
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post
Are you staying at the Hale Koa hotel where he hosts the Luau there?? We were there last year when they happened to be filming Hawaii 5-0 by the Army Museum and out on the beach by the Hale Koa and Hilton. Missed it because we went to the North Shore that day and found out after we got back. Just my luck....
Did the Luau there last night. It was pretty good. Glad we went to that one.

We found out yesterday morning that we were about 2 block away from where they were filming the new Godzilla movie. We missed out on being in the group of extras that were running in panic.
__________________
Rally Stripes - Check
Hockey Stripes - Check
Gills - Check
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Wabbit

 
Wabbit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In my car as much as I can
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
Did you go to the Arizona memorial? Always a must see in my opinion. Last time we were there (few years) they were still in the process of building the new visitor arrival center.

Also, some of my friends who did a tour that sounded really neat, they went on tubes and went through the plantation water tunnels. Although you cannot be claustrophobic as you actually go in tunnels and have to where a helmet for head protection!

We also hiked up Diamond head...what a hike! But gorgeous view.
We are doing the Arizona/Missouri tomorrow morning. We are heading to Diamond Head area on Sunday, and doing downtown on Monday. My mom is with us, so we can't do anything too strenuous.
__________________
Rally Stripes - Check
Hockey Stripes - Check
Gills - Check
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Caddyroger

 
Caddyroger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,674
My daughter works at Tripler Hospital. 5 0 did a couple of segments there. The hospital doctors and nurses was used in one program. The real father of Danny's daughter works for my daughter. No she has not been in any of the shows.
__________________
Caddy
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
Wabbit

 
Wabbit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In my car as much as I can
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Have fun out there. I'd love to go out there again!

Do any rentals have Camaros? That could help
Saw a Red Vert and Silver coupe rentals this morning. So, yes. Bad part is parking is $32/day at the hotel. Not real enthused about that part. I don't think we have a lot of time to go for a drive. I think we have to skip North Shore on this trip again. Too much the kid wants to do here.
__________________
Rally Stripes - Check
Hockey Stripes - Check
Gills - Check
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
Liralen
 
Liralen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Saw a Red Vert and Silver coupe rentals this morning. So, yes. Bad part is parking is $32/day at the hotel. Not real enthused about that part. I don't think we have a lot of time to go for a drive. I think we have to skip North Shore on this trip again. Too much the kid wants to do here.
With having kids and your Mom, the camaro rental was probably not an option. Glad yiu are having a nice time. There are lots of rest benches on the way up Diamond head, bring water, and don't forget the camera as you probably will not want to make the hike twice! Oh yeah there is usually someone up there that will sell you a piece of paper stating that you climbed Diamond head too.
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
SSmoothie
 
SSmoothie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Saw a Red Vert and Silver coupe rentals this morning. So, yes. Bad part is parking is $32/day at the hotel. Not real enthused about that part. I don't think we have a lot of time to go for a drive. I think we have to skip North Shore on this trip again. Too much the kid wants to do here.
Look like your having a good time, A good tour is the Doris Duke Mansion. There is a parking lot anyone can use just to the left of the Hilton Lagoon (see pic), at the marina it has a pay machine on site and you can pay for overnight. It is a lot cheaper than at the hotel. I usually stay at the Hilton there. It gets full quick for the evenings, because it is small. Or I just go day by day car rental there is a National Rental Car place just down the road, so I don't have to pay the high hotel parking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmic_...consin_badger/

Clay
__________________
SSmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.