Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Hawaii is nice

But there sure are a lot of Mustangs around here. I have seen a pair of Silver and a pair of white Camaros. No Danno or Steve, though. I did see a couple of camera trucks with the Five-O Productions logo on them. Still looking for where they are filming.

For you older folks our there, I did meet Glenn Mederios (1987 hit "Nothings Gonna Change My Love For You") tonight. That was kinda cool.

I miss my car.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Did you go to the Arizona memorial? Always a must see in my opinion. Last time we were there (few years) they were still in the process of building the new visitor arrival center.

Also, some of my friends who did a tour that sounded really neat, they went on tubes and went through the plantation water tunnels. Although you cannot be claustrophobic as you actually go in tunnels and have to where a helmet for head protection!

We also hiked up Diamond head...what a hike! But gorgeous view.
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Have fun out there. I'd love to go out there again!

Do any rentals have Camaros? That could help
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2012 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post

For you older folks our there, I did meet Glenn Mederios (1987 hit "Nothings Gonna Change My Love For You") tonight. That was kinda cool.

I miss my car.
Are you staying at the Hale Koa hotel where he hosts the Luau there?? We were there last year when they happened to be filming Hawaii 5-0 by the Army Museum and out on the beach by the Hale Koa and Hilton. Missed it because we went to the North Shore that day and found out after we got back. Just my luck....
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post
Are you staying at the Hale Koa hotel where he hosts the Luau there?? We were there last year when they happened to be filming Hawaii 5-0 by the Army Museum and out on the beach by the Hale Koa and Hilton. Missed it because we went to the North Shore that day and found out after we got back. Just my luck....
Did the Luau there last night. It was pretty good. Glad we went to that one.

We found out yesterday morning that we were about 2 block away from where they were filming the new Godzilla movie. We missed out on being in the group of extras that were running in panic.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
Did you go to the Arizona memorial? Always a must see in my opinion. Last time we were there (few years) they were still in the process of building the new visitor arrival center.

Also, some of my friends who did a tour that sounded really neat, they went on tubes and went through the plantation water tunnels. Although you cannot be claustrophobic as you actually go in tunnels and have to where a helmet for head protection!

We also hiked up Diamond head...what a hike! But gorgeous view.
We are doing the Arizona/Missouri tomorrow morning. We are heading to Diamond Head area on Sunday, and doing downtown on Monday. My mom is with us, so we can't do anything too strenuous.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
My daughter works at Tripler Hospital. 5 0 did a couple of segments there. The hospital doctors and nurses was used in one program. The real father of Danny's daughter works for my daughter. No she has not been in any of the shows.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Have fun out there. I'd love to go out there again!

Do any rentals have Camaros? That could help
Saw a Red Vert and Silver coupe rentals this morning. So, yes. Bad part is parking is $32/day at the hotel. Not real enthused about that part. I don't think we have a lot of time to go for a drive. I think we have to skip North Shore on this trip again. Too much the kid wants to do here.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Quote:
Saw a Red Vert and Silver coupe rentals this morning. So, yes. Bad part is parking is $32/day at the hotel. Not real enthused about that part. I don't think we have a lot of time to go for a drive. I think we have to skip North Shore on this trip again. Too much the kid wants to do here.
With having kids and your Mom, the camaro rental was probably not an option. Glad yiu are having a nice time. There are lots of rest benches on the way up Diamond head, bring water, and don't forget the camera as you probably will not want to make the hike twice! Oh yeah there is usually someone up there that will sell you a piece of paper stating that you climbed Diamond head too.
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
Look like your having a good time, A good tour is the Doris Duke Mansion. There is a parking lot anyone can use just to the left of the Hilton Lagoon (see pic), at the marina it has a pay machine on site and you can pay for overnight. It is a lot cheaper than at the hotel. I usually stay at the Hilton there. It gets full quick for the evenings, because it is small. Or I just go day by day car rental there is a National Rental Car place just down the road, so I don't have to pay the high hotel parking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmic_...consin_badger/

Clay