Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
gangulo

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT RS
New Califronia Camaro owner

Hello all fellow Camaro owners and fans. I just bought a 2013 V6 LT RS and was wondering what can I put on my Camaro that is California legal. I have a CAI in the mail and was wanting to get a bit more HP. I am sorry if this a question that gets asked a lot. I did a search and found nothing. Please no "well if you wanted more HP you should have bought a V8".Oh and I don't care about the warranty at all.
gangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Hey Gangulo!

Welcome to Camaro5!

To answer your question, if you want to start CA legal, you can't do anything before the catalytic converter for your exhaust, but an axle-back or cat-back exhaust is fine. Some CAI's are illegal in California, while others are not, so make sure to check if there's a Dept. of Transportation or California Air Resource Board (CARB) number.

Other than those, you really have no other options unless the plenum spacer or ported throttle body are legal.

If you want to see what other people have done and meet up with some of the local owners, a group of us are heading to the Show Stopperz 3rd annual show in Antioch. Check out the California > California meets sub forum for info on that.

There are a lot of good people here, so don't be afraid to join in the conversations. =)
Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
gangulo

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT RS
Awesome thank you. I will check that out. Guess I will be doing more fun mods than getting more power lol. I will post all the cosmetic mods I do for everyone to enjoy.
gangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Sounds like a plan. I'm curious to see which direction you go.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
You won't need the plenum spacer or it won't really do you much good since the intake is already made of a composite material. I don't see why the ported throttle body would matter as far as CA rules go so you should be able to add that. All that does is move the air more smoothly into the intake. You are not left with much left.

As far as posting your mods what a lot of us do hear is just either list it in the signature or make a build thread in the Member Car Journal forum or both.

Enjoy the new ride!

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangulo View Post
Hello all fellow Camaro owners and fans. I just bought a 2013 V6 LT RS and was wondering what can I put on my Camaro that is California legal. I have a CAI in the mail and was wanting to get a bit more HP. I am sorry if this a question that gets asked a lot. I did a search and found nothing. Please no "well if you wanted more HP you should have bought a V8".Oh and I don't care about the warranty at all.
Hello gangulo,

Congratulations on your new edition!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, automatic, california, legal, v6 hp