Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #26
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
#4 needs to be edited... should say... Re-torque Spoiler bolts... Most of them still feel tight yet the bolts are waaaay loose...
Old 07-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #27
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
I was very mad when I heard my car is stuck in quality control. Now I am somewhat happy it is haha.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Mine showed up with a scratch on the front window pillar on the drivers side, the yellow does not match on the mirrors .... no other issues
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #29
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
a ton of stuff in my interior was just falling off..lol..the hood latch under the steering wheel is very cheaply made..very cheaply..since day one you can pop the hood and look at it and it just dangles there.hanging by its wire. bs if you ask me. also some of the interior trim on the side of the windshield the big main piece between the windshield and the door glass. was just barely hanging there..lastly my consol where the usb plug in is is insanely cheaply made..it has a basic cut in the plastic for the latch to latch to instead of an actual latching mechanism.for this to be a high end GM car it should be made a little more high end..guess they knew people would be more excited about the exterior and motor than the interior.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #30
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
I am still trouble shooting my problem, it was believed to have a bad fuel sensor, they replaced that and still didn't fix the problem. They now believe it is a programming problem as they checked all the wiring. So it is going back to the shop next monday.

(Problem) The gas gauge is all over the place, sometimes full, sometimes empty, you can drive down the road and it says helf full then it reads 3/4 full. It isn't effecting the drive or anything just an annoyance and remembering to keep the tank full.
im not a mechanic or anything..but it may be as simple as the floater in the gas tank screwed up..have they tried that..or it just may be floating period, or sticking.to me thats what it sounds like. i had an 08 tahoe with a full tank read empty and turn the empty lights on at a certain degree incline.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #31
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
Anybody know if there is a TSB/fix for the misaligned body & door panels yet (like what VIN #1 had that became a big fiasco of a discussion on here)?
something to think about if you get racing stripes..have your painter to measure the stripes out from a neutral point..and not use the center of the hood..my hood after inspection was real close to the car on one side and way far off on the other..well compared to each other that is..anyway it was giving a hell of a time to my painter..we ultimately just had him to use his own centering to make sure the rest of the car would match up..otherwise the top stripes wouldnt have matched up whatso ever..but dont guess that matters to those of you just getting hood/truck stripes..but still something to think about nontheless.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #32
Drive fast, take chances
Driving Camaros 40 yrs

Drives: 70 Z28/RS, 99 SS, 2010 2SS/RS w/SC
Nicked wiper wiring

Wiper motor wiring comes thru bottom of the cowling-well in front of the driver. There is a rubber grommet around it that sticks up 2 -3" causing the wiring to be too close to the wiper drive plate before it turns horizontal to go to the wiper motor. On my 2SS/RS it pealed the cover and the insulation off the wires in the first 10 minutes of running the wipers and then arced to the drive arm and blew the fuse.
The fix (decided upon between the dealer and myself) was to re-insulate the wires, cover the harness with a hard, slick plastic covering, drill a small hole in the bottom of the cowling-well (fill the hole with silicone) and use a cable tie down like the rest of the wiper harness uses to secure the harness to the floor of the cowling (the grommet will collaspe downward with little force), far away from harm from the wiper arms.
You can see this grommet thru the slits in the cowling, make sure yours is far down in the well and away from the moving wiper parts.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #33
Drive fast, take chances
Driving Camaros 40 yrs

Drives: 70 Z28/RS, 99 SS, 2010 2SS/RS w/SC
The gas gauge reading at various levels is most likely a short in the power wire to the sender unit, probably above the tank and probably a small crack in the insulation that only causes a short intermittantly when the car is moving.
Does the gauge change when the car is not running (key on) and sitting still?
My 2001 TA had this problem, hard to find but easy to fix.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #34
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
The list is updated and I also made a printable checklist in Excel & Word formats.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
scraping sound for a second when backing up(manual 6 speed)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #36
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
engine makes continous clicking noise, starting roughly 5 seconds after engine starts, along with "squeky brakes" that was already mentioned before (these are on the 1LT/RS automatic)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #37
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I think some of the items on the updated list are duplicates

016. Pully shaking.
037. Bottom pulley shakes and needs replacement per dealer. Will post video tomorrow.

027. Shift knobs wearing out extremely fast could be faulty material
039. Shift knob material wearing...

028. AC system stops blowing cold air in random durations, most likely blockage in AC drainage
050. AC draining into the car instead of beneath it

031. USB/aux work
042. USB drive and aux port works
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #38
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
I think some of the items on the updated list are duplicates

016. Pully shaking.
037. Bottom pulley shakes and needs replacement per dealer. Will post video tomorrow.

027. Shift knobs wearing out extremely fast could be faulty material
039. Shift knob material wearing...

028. AC system stops blowing cold air in random durations, most likely blockage in AC drainage
050. AC draining into the car instead of beneath it

031. USB/aux work
042. USB drive and aux port works
Fixed & updates. Ty

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #39
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee rules View Post
Mine showed up with a scratch on the front window pillar on the drivers side, the yellow does not match on the mirrors .... no other issues
Oh man you fixed the typo... I was going to ask... did you mean Scratch or Crotch (not Cratch as originally stated). Either way that's not good, unless the later was a hot babes!

Great thread BTW!! I will have to print this out when I go to pick mine up!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #40
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow
trunk gasket at bottom of rear window coming off

Paint chipped on driver door (might have been dust in paint). Dealer won't repaint whole door since yellow is too hard to match. Ordered touch up paint :(

Gas fill door different color than rest of car on Rally Yellow (paint mismatch already mentioned in item 7).

Aux and USB ports don't show up on radio as a selection 20% of the time.

Dash on driver's side lower than door trim (opposite issue of 52)

In addition to the above items, I have seen 2, 7, 29, 32, 37, 54 on my car. Rear window trunk gasket, sill stickers and dash alignment are being fixed today and tomorrow.

C5 Indiana Camaro Club

Central Indiana Camaro Club

Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #41
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue 2010 Camaro View Post
engine makes continous clicking noise, starting roughly 5 seconds after engine starts, along with "squeky brakes" that was already mentioned before (these are on the 1LT/RS automatic)
ive had two brand new cars in the past two years..the brakes squelled very harshly for about a week..cause they were new..they had the EXACT same sound as bad breaks or very very worn out brakes..after a few days..nothing, so before you get madder than hell give it about a week if you dont drive it alot or a couple of days if you do. mine did the same exact thing when i got mine in may. three days later perfect.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #42
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Big Thanks Broncosman! Ran off a copy for when mine gets here! GREAT IDEA!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #43
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
Issue #59 clicking noise I had the same problem. I opened the hood and found a relay block mounted on the left side had fallen off and was being hit by the cooloing fan.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #44
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
Wow... I am very excited about getting my car, but now I am kind of paranoid too...at any rate, thanks for listing all of these issues! It will definitely come in handy when the big day arrives
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
Grimelock2009

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great post..
Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #46
wyocamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2-2007 Silverados
Passenger side fender alingment was off. wheel cover well had to come off, then loosten fender bolt, and it poped right in place. GM called the dealer and I believe it is fixed at the factory now. Otherwise perfect VIN 7754
Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #47
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

i checked my vin i cant believe i just strolled up to the car lot and bought number 1974..to me thats really cool to have such a low number like that..just me though
Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #48
5GenCamaro.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS
A lot of these problems sound minor and very fixable by the dealership. The car does have a warranty and hopefully you all bought your cars from a reputable dealers as they should be taking car of you and your car. My car had a few scrapes on the rear diffuser panel most likely from being taken off of the delivery truck and they replaced the panel for me no problems. Fingers crossed that I don't start having problems but so far so good.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #49
JWHEELER

Drives: 2000 gmc truck
I had two problems at pick up.Damaged right rear rim,plus key would not stay in folded postion.stripes did'nt come in for a week or so and had to bring back for dealer to install.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #50
nevrlose

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Digital Dash went out

My digital dash readout kept going on and off.

According to my dealer they contacted GM and this was the first issue reported so they requested the entire gauge console be replaced and the part sent in for inspection.

Closed Thread