|07-20-2009, 03:51 PM||#76|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
Join Date: Mar 2009
I have number two on the list. (Trunk will not open w/o pressure 1 out of 4 times) Has anyone heard of the fix? Do I need to take it to the dealer?
|07-20-2009, 05:00 PM||#77|
Drives: CRT ZL1 #1400
Join Date: Apr 2009
I would like to officially say that I am one that have had NO issues with this car what-so-ever! It looks, drives and performs amazing! Now don't think that I've been taking it easy on this car either.... I have somewhat of a (big) lead foot! .... you know what they say about guys with big feet..... yep! We can swim very well!
|07-20-2009, 06:00 PM||#78|
The Demon Photographer
Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristow, VA
You must mean the transmission output shaft!
1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
|07-20-2009, 06:48 PM||#79|
Join Date: Jun 2009
I love this car enough to sell a gt500 to get a 2ss m6. My wifes 2lt works great without any problems. I unstand the intend of this thread, but I think it's causing more problems than it's helping. Most of the problems on this list wouldn't show up at delivery time anyhow. Which really renders this thread useless for the reason it was intended. Anyone buying any car should look for paint issues ,scratches, and test drive for defects. Every make of car has somekind of problem when their first out. I Think the mods of this site should think about taking this thread down. I don't think this is helping Gm or the camaro.
|07-20-2009, 07:04 PM||#80|
Drives: 09 Hummer H3 and 10 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
You hit my minor problems with loose a pillar trim, trim around center console, and USB port. I have to take it in for warranty touch up. Not too bad for an early model! I love the car. Fortunately I only discovered one defect before I filled out the JD Powers survey. I seem to get those on every vehicle I purchase. I filled one out for the Hummer a couple months ago too.
2009 Hummer H3 and
2010 Camaro SS Owner
|07-20-2009, 10:11 PM||#81|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: El Paso, Texas
I went down reading all the problems and there are two that I have. I don't know if all U camaro owners have the same problem. First, the trunk yes, most of the time the trunk opens fine but now and then I do have to push pressure down in order to open. Second, the engine makes a clicking noise like a pinging noise and shakes a little after a minute with the engine running it stops, but during that time the car is also shaking.
I took it back to the dealer and they couldn't help me at the time that all ss do same, and they weren' to familiar with the new camaro. But, doesn't the ss come with the vette engine. They been working with the ls3 for so many time and they tell me there not familiar with it. All U ss owners reply if U have the same problem
|07-21-2009, 07:08 AM||#82|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Join Date: Apr 2009
|07-21-2009, 04:40 PM||#84|
Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
update to #37, happens to m6 and auto's that use the e-brake alot. maybe just a dragging brake shoe/pad
Last edited by BLACK10; 07-21-2009 at 05:02 PM.
|07-29-2009, 05:16 PM||#85|
Join Date: Sep 2008
What is this all about ?
Posted by davesz#3 ????
I did a search and came up -
Am I missing something?
DavesZ#3 wrote:The problems only get worse...
Users on Camaro5 forum created a list of stuff to check before taking delivery of their cars --- disclaimer -- no on actually experienced every issue but these are a combined list of isolated experiences people had:
001. Loose Bolts that hold fluid back causing leaks (ex: on oil pan, tranny fluid)
002. Trunk Locking mechanism (issues with opening w/o adding down pressure to top of trunk first and/or emergency release appears to be loose keeping the trunk from locking properly)
003. Loose plastic paneling around the 4-gauges cluster, launch control, cigarette power plug as well as Left and Right A-Pillars Trim Loose, sill trim loose, and dash pannel where doors and dash meet popping open.
004. Loose Spoiler/installed correctly (Re-torque Spoiler bolts)
005. Wiper transmission cable overheating from engine causing a short circuit.
006. Matching Headlight Halos strength. (one defective being dimmer then the other).
007. Mismatched paint on parts of the vehicle (including gas door). As well as paint runs or clear coat runs. Paint Chips.
008. Loose Rocker Panel "Chevrolet" causing it to peel off.
009. Minor Problem With Window Indexing.
010. Ambient Lighting on doors defective.
011. Bad radiator (leaks).
012. Hood release/latch issues (won't unhook to open the hood).
013. Gap at base of ONStar Antenna.
014. Battery cable routing near the starter has been done.
015. Digital Speedometer is off. Also keeps going on and off.
016. Bottom pulley shakes and needs replacement per dealer.
017. Broken tranny.
018. Ignition Mechanism Issue with key getting stuck in car.
019. Non RS taillights installed on RS equipped cars (all 4 of them).
020. Rocker Panel aligned with body and clipped in correctly.
021. Bumper rubs with body
022. Trunk opens with switch and remote
023. Correct speedo/tach gauge ring color
023. Ambient lighting on drivers door as bright as passenger door
024. Doors gaps /alignment
025. Dirt/bubbles in rally stripes
026. Door panel not scratched from seat belt.
027. Shift knobs wearing out extremely fast could be faulty material
028. AC system stops blowing cold air in random durations, most likely blockage in AC drainage and/or AC draining into the car instead of beneath it
029. Clunking noise in changing gears
030. Trunk opens with remote and laser cut key
031. USB drive and aux port works
032. Squeaky Breaks
033. GFX installed correctly
034. Rims and tires in good condition (coming off carrier in bad condition/damaged)
035. Check for damage in the interior, basic procedure
036. Check the locking mechanism of both doors
037. Scraping sound for a second when backing up
038. SS emblem on trunk is loose
039. Loose interior windshield trim loose
040. The front GFX lip is not coming loose at the double sided tape
041. The front passenger brake rotors are not wearing with a dark colored groove
042. Hood latch handle on inside of cab doesn't retract properly (just hangs)
043. Scratches in seats
044. Oil cooler leaking
045. Once in every 10-15 times I unlock the car, the drivers side door is still locked, while
the locking knob on the door is in the "up" position
046. Faulty as gauge (improper readings)
047. Missing paint around the headlights
048. Bleed screw on clutch slave cylinder loose
049. Stickers on rockers peeling
050. Scratches on window pillars
051. Misaligned body & door panels as well as hood not centered properly (more to one side then the other)
052. Alignment of doors to dash interior the door interior seems to sag below the dash interior
053. Drivers side roof light( the one with the toggle switch) only works when its toggled over to the passenger side
054. Door sill decals peeling up
055. Paint swirls in driver/passenger door
056. Drive-shaft connection to the differential cracking when dropping the clutch
057. Tach Needle Sticking
058. Wiper motor wiring comes through bottom of the cowling-well in front of the driver. (The fix (decided upon between the dealer and myself) was to re-insulate the wires, cover the harness with a hard, slick plastic covering, drill a small hole in the bottom of the cowling-well (fill the hole with silicone) and use a cable tie down like the rest of the wiper harness uses to secure the harness to the floor of the cowling (the grommet will collapse downward with little force), far away from harm from the wiper arms.)
059. engine makes continuous clicking noise, starting roughly 5 seconds after engine starts
060. Door Sill plates wrinkled on outside edges (both sides)
061. Trunk gasket at bottom of rear window coming off
062. Uneven Dash (driver's side dash is lower then passenger's side)
063. Passenger/Driver's side Fender alignment off. (wheel cover well had to come off, then loosen fender bolt, and it pops right in place)
064. Key won't stay in folded position
065. Faulty Tail lights.
066. Weather stripping at back of rear windows loose (I can literally grab and peel it back).
067. Missing or peeling paint between trunk lid and spoiler (right rear section)—could possibly spread over time down the trunk lid.
068. Driver's seat makes clicking noises when set all the way back.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|GM dealership customer service and sales||HPlover||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||15||04-01-2014 11:48 AM|
|CAMARO DELIVEY CHECKLIST / DEALERSHIP REQUEST FORM||CamaroScotty||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||78||11-23-2010 05:21 PM|
|Dealership issues...Any constructive input would be helpful||achalk||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||7||03-16-2009 11:42 AM|