Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Zanediver
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 10
Launch control with low tire pressure

Haven't tried this yet, but will the ZL1 allow you to utilize launch control if the TPMS system is alerted on the dash? Wanting to drop some pressure at the strip.
Zanediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK
 
SPOOKYGUNNER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DENVER COLORADO
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanediver View Post
Haven't tried this yet, but will the ZL1 allow you to utilize launch control if the TPMS system is alerted on the dash? Wanting to drop some pressure at the strip.
YES U CAN UTILIZE LAUNCH CONTROL WHEN YOU DROP TIRE PRESSURE BUT YOU WILL GET THE WARNING TIRE PRESSURES.
I DONT USE ANY NANNIES WHEN DRAG RACING AS THE LAUNCH CONTROL ACTUALLY SLOWS THE CAR. JUST TURN EVERYTHING OFF!!
__________________
WHEN ONE AMERICAN IS NOT WORTHY TO BE FOUND...THEN WE AS AMERICANS HAVE LOST. POW/MIA YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN
SPOOKYGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Silverguardrail

 
Silverguardrail's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1448
Join Date: May 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 890
What RPM are you launching at with the nannies turned off ?
__________________
2012 ZL1 SIM, MN6, B92, RTQ


ZL1 - the true definition of joy ride
Silverguardrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK
 
SPOOKYGUNNER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DENVER COLORADO
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverguardrail View Post
What RPM are you launching at with the nannies turned off ?
I LAUNCH AT @1000RPM AND HAVE THE NANNIES OFF TRANS IS IN S MODE AND SHIFTS AT 6200. 60' TIMES ARE CRAP DUE TO STREET TIRES...BEST IS 1.997. WILL B GETTING DRAG RADIALS SOON. HOPE TO PICK UP .3-.5 IN 60' TIMES.
__________________
WHEN ONE AMERICAN IS NOT WORTHY TO BE FOUND...THEN WE AS AMERICANS HAVE LOST. POW/MIA YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN
SPOOKYGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,495
These tires arnt crap though lol there good and op manual or auto
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
DavidW
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 389
transmission is S would be automatic...
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
jessrayo
Speed Freak
 
jessrayo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverguardrail View Post
What RPM are you launching at with the nannies turned off ?
My worst runs at the drag strip are with the nannies fully off. I literally think my car can spin the stock tires a full 1/8 mile through 3 gears without hooking up at all. I don't know if my car has too much power or I just cannot control it. My 3 best runs were in PTM 4 and launching the car at about 2000 RPM, then short shifting from 1st to 2nd to prevent either complete meltdown of the tires or a major pause as the traction control says okay the tires are in a cloud of smoke.... Then again I never could break 12 sec with 750 horsepower so you may not want to take advice from me.... lol.
__________________
ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. LSA blower, twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, ADM trunk intercooler reservoir & EMP pump, Ron Davis S/C heat ex, and radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air intercooler, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock, braided brake & clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. LPE nitrous controller. rwhp TBD...
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
joes407


 
joes407's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: florida
Posts: 2,425
Has anyone tried launching the manual in 2nd gear? I have a manual but havent tried it but i remember the 4th gens launched better in 2nd gear
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
12 ZL1 #1725

 
12 ZL1 #1725's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
Has anyone tried launching the manual in 2nd gear? I have a manual but havent tried it but i remember the 4th gens launched better in 2nd gear
__________________
Sit Back and Enjoy The Ride!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
jessrayo
Speed Freak
 
jessrayo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
Has anyone tried launching the manual in 2nd gear? I have a manual but havent tried it but i remember the 4th gens launched better in 2nd gear
I was thinking about this after I got home from the drag strip. If my car is not in the shop on this Friday, I will probably go out and try the drag strip on my road course tires. I will see what happens with a second gear launch. I think it will be better because first has way too much power to hook. I may even be able to rev it a little and launch in third (I can see a new clutch in the budget)...
__________________
ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. LSA blower, twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, ADM trunk intercooler reservoir & EMP pump, Ron Davis S/C heat ex, and radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air intercooler, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock, braided brake & clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. LPE nitrous controller. rwhp TBD...
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
12 ZL1 #1725

 
12 ZL1 #1725's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I was thinking about this after I got home from the drag strip. If my car is not in the shop on this Friday, I will probably go out and try the drag strip on my road course tires. I will see what happens with a second gear launch. I think it will be better because first has way too much power to hook. I may even be able to rev it a little and launch in third (I can see a new clutch in the budget)...
If you do let us know how it turns out....
__________________
Sit Back and Enjoy The Ride!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
mmarx82

 
mmarx82's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
Has anyone tried launching the manual in 2nd gear? I have a manual but havent tried it but i remember the 4th gens launched better in 2nd gear
I tried this, all I can say is I could smell the clutch lol. Though I was able to do it I don't suggest it.
__________________
Life is too short to drive cars that suck.
My build Thread

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
12 ZL1 #1725

 
12 ZL1 #1725's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I tried this, all I can say is I could smell the clutch lol. Though I was able to do it I don't suggest it.
Ty for the input!!! Appreciate it!!!
__________________
Sit Back and Enjoy The Ride!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
Silverguardrail

 
Silverguardrail's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1448
Join Date: May 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
My worst runs at the drag strip are with the nannies fully off. I literally think my car can spin the stock tires a full 1/8 mile through 3 gears without hooking up at all. I don't know if my car has too much power or I just cannot control it. My 3 best runs were in PTM 4 and launching the car at about 2000 RPM, then short shifting from 1st to 2nd to prevent either complete meltdown of the tires or a major pause as the traction control says okay the tires are in a cloud of smoke.... Then again I never could break 12 sec with 750 horsepower so you may not want to take advice from me.... lol.
Short shift with no lift ?
__________________
2012 ZL1 SIM, MN6, B92, RTQ


ZL1 - the true definition of joy ride
Silverguardrail is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.