Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Ecs 1500 kit+nf cam+1 7/8 LTs+alky dual nozzle made 750whp in my c6 at lethal. We pulled a little timing (to save the stock clutch) and I dd 701whp! meth? Yes please!! Was at 650whp before it
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #27
CamaroSS45
45th ERL 427 F1X-Boosted

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
Ecs 1500 kit+nf cam+1 7/8 LTs+alky dual nozzle made 750whp in my c6 at lethal. We pulled a little timing (to save the stock clutch) and I dd 701whp! meth? Yes please!! Was at 650whp before it
Curious how much fuel you are having to pull in this / similar setups to avoid going too rich (impacting HP) and then as a result being so heavily dependent upon meth as a fuel source that any failure could cause a lean situation....

Could you comment on how you are addressing your tune here? .... I, like many, really want to leverage meth as a cooling and for the safety elements it offers so well - but not to the point I must pull fuel due to being so rich and then have potential risk. I don't even want to add timing with meth ....

Thanks for the insight from all the smart folks here....
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb Racing FI : ALKY Twin Nozzle Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
You would have to contact Shawn or nick at lethal racing for the tuning details. I do know they mounted the IAT sensor after the meth nozzles and the tune was set up so if it saw a large increase in temp (indicating no meth/bad pump ect) then it would pull all the timing and save the motor. That's how most do it I believe. Maybe one if them will chime in and give you more details. I personally see no problems with tuning the meth for power as long as there are safeties in place. I also had a light nick mounted by my boost gauge to tell me when the pump was on (red) and when I was at full psi (green) hope this helps.
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #29
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
You would have to contact Shawn or nick at lethal racing for the tuning details. I do know they mounted the IAT sensor after the meth nozzles and the tune was set up so if it saw a large increase in temp (indicating no meth/bad pump ect) then it would pull all the timing and save the motor. That's how most do it I believe. Maybe one if them will chime in and give you more details. I personally see no problems with tuning the meth for power as long as there are safeties in place. I also had a light nick mounted by my boost gauge to tell me when the pump was on (red) and when I was at full psi (green) hope this helps.
Pretty much summed it up. Iat's have to be below a set point to give timing. We tune it the way gm has it in the stock tune
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #30
CamaroSS45
45th ERL 427 F1X-Boosted

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Pretty much summed it up. Iat's have to be below a set point to give timing. We tune it the way gm has it in the stock tune
Fair and understood on the IAT's - but are you tuning A/F in accordance to stay away from being too rich (especially if your meth config calls for a solid spray i.e. 2 nozels)... and then just leaning on the logic of rapid IAT increase = potential meth system fault = yank timing big time... to prevent issue? ... Seems like this is about the best failsafe we have but curious.

Also - and not to cross thread but looking for anyone that may have a renegade fuel stoichiometric cross reference? .... I am searching all over for this and their 110 race fuel.

Thanks for all the help here guys - appreciated always.
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb Racing FI : ALKY Twin Nozzle Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #31
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Anyone have experience with the AIS kits? I'm considering meth to go with an AGP twin turbo. I know most here say go with Alky Control, but I really like the custom trunk tank with the AIS system. Also, are the nylon lines sufficient?
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 02 Lightning, 98 jeep
I think you could buy the tank separate and the rest from alky control. Ive seen a nylon line break crack on the dyno but mine have held up so far.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #33
Joe@CPR.com

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
I hate nylon and push lock for meth. We only use alky control kits and we are a dealer for them and an agp dealer. We are actually just a couple miles from them, if you have any questions about the kit let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
We drop ship parts nationwide! #1 dealer in mcleod, nitrous outlet, and kooks.
www.cordesracing.com
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing
480-359-5914 joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
Joe@CPR.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #34
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Anyone have experience with the AIS kits? I'm considering meth to go with an AGP twin turbo. I know most here say go with Alky Control, but I really like the custom trunk tank with the AIS system. Also, are the nylon lines sufficient?
AIS has a stainless braided line upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Old 11-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #35
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 711 RWHP/680 RWTQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I keep hearing good things about the Alky Meth Kit, and was hoping to pair it with the AIS Trunk Tank (if I can find a vendor that would sell me this mix as a kit)
Mine goes into the shop today for this very setup (AIS Tank and ALKY Control Meth setup). Will cost a little more to break up the kit, but appears to be the best of both worlds.

I have been told to expect ~ 40 hp gain. It seems as though about every other tank of 93 I get is not up to par and I hear pinging, so then I have to add a $15 bottle of Nos Octane Booster. The meth is probably overkill for my situation but hopefully I wont have to worry about pinging anymore.

Like anything else, you have to maintain the system. Julio encouraged me to have the pump serviced every year or 2 years at the latest. The first time you just buy a new pump and send the old one in for service. Then you have a spare for the next time service is due.

You gotta pay to play!
Inline Booster Fuel Pump @ WOT & Lingenfelter 65 Lb Fuel Injectors
DSS 9” Conversion (axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange center section w/4.11 gears
D2 Forged CV2 Wheels (22 x 9.0” - 22 x 11.5”)
Centerforce Dyad Dual Disc Clutch
Alky Control Methanol System & AIS Tank
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #36
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LSX View Post
AIS has a stainless braided line upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Is that your car? Any issues with the kit? Single nozzle or dual?
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote