Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
jp23rockstar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RI
Posts: 87
Do chicks like sport bikes?

I want to get a honda cbr500r for my first bike. What do you guys think, do girls like the bad boy image of guy riding a sport bike? Need opinions.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
MLAZ1990

 
MLAZ1990's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,612
Some of them do. But they also like sports cars too!
__________________
SLP Loud Mouth 1 exhaust, K&N CAI, RS headlights, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
Mr. iNCREDIBLE


 
Mr. iNCREDIBLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal Baby...
Posts: 2,385
depends on the girl and the age, and the level of maturity, and how narcissistic they are and whether or not material things mean anything to them..

I could go on and on, but my point is, who cares? buy the bike if you want it, if a girl likes it cool, i'm sure she will let you know..


FWIW I have been riding for 25+ years, I have had sport bikes and cruisers, I have had girls ask for rides, I have had girlfriends that hated the fact I owned a bike.

my first wife may she rest in peace, loved that I owned bikes, and she loved fast cars, we routinely took long trips on the bike, with both her as a passenger and as a partner when she learned to ride and got her own..

my current wife hates my motorcycle, as such I haven't used it much, I've put 4,500 miles on it in 10 years.. which is why I bought a convertible, kind of gives me the best of both worlds without pissing off the wife..
__________________
"A world 100% full of Prius drivers is still 100% addicted to oil. " ~ E. Musk
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
jp23rockstar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RI
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
depends on the girl and the age, and the level of maturity, and how narcissistic they are and whether or not material things mean anything to them..

I could go on and on, but my point is, who cares? buy the bike if you want it, if a girl likes it cool, i'm sure she will let you know..


FWIW I have been riding for 25+ years, I have had sport bikes and cruisers, I have had girls ask for rides, I have had girlfriends that hated the fact I owned a bike.

my first wife may she rest in peace, loved that I owned bikes, and she loved fast cars, we routinely took long trips on the bike, with both her as a passenger and as a partner when she learned to ride and got her own..

my current wife hates my motorcycle, as such I haven't used it much, I've put 4,500 miles on it in 10 years.. which is why I bought a convertible, kind of gives me the best of both worlds without pissing off the wife..
Thanks for the advice, these girls would be my age 20s. Already asked one, she said they're very cool, but just to be careful.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Mr. iNCREDIBLE


 
Mr. iNCREDIBLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal Baby...
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
Thanks for the advice, these girls would be my age 20s. Already asked one, she said they're very cool, but just to be careful.
she's right, be careful. I had a bad motorcycle accident 12 years ago, it changed my life.. multiple surgeries, over a year without being able to walk etc..


it's not the bike that is usually the problem, it is the cars around you, as in my case someone that side swiped me changing lanes.

I suggest you take a State certified riding course (google taming the iron horse) in your area within the first few weeks of owning the bike, get some good riding skills before attempting passengers, as they completely change the handling dynamics, especially on sport bikes..


be safe, be smart, and keep the shiny side up..
__________________
"A world 100% full of Prius drivers is still 100% addicted to oil. " ~ E. Musk
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
jp23rockstar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RI
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
she's right, be careful. I had a bad motorcycle accident 12 years ago, it changed my life.. multiple surgeries, over a year without being able to walk etc..


it's not the bike that is usually the problem, it is the cars around you, as in my case someone that side swiped me changing lanes.

I suggest you take a State certified riding course (google taming the iron horse) in your area within the first few weeks of owning the bike, get some good riding skills before attempting passengers, as they completely change the handling dynamics, especially on sport bikes..


be safe, be smart, and keep the shiny side up..
And if I decide that the bike thing doesn't work out for whatever reason, I can do the next best thing and get a convertible Stingray. My mom would actually be okay with that.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
Mr. iNCREDIBLE


 
Mr. iNCREDIBLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal Baby...
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
And if I decide that the bike thing doesn't work out for whatever reason, I can do the next best thing and get a convertible Stingray. My mom would actually be okay with that.


yeah moms and bikes.. a whole other thing..
__________________
"A world 100% full of Prius drivers is still 100% addicted to oil. " ~ E. Musk
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
Muscle Car Lover

 
Muscle Car Lover's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston Metro North
Posts: 1,775
Chicks like cash money
__________________
Don't lecture me Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Darkside as you do.
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #9
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
Who cares what girls like?

Girls like men that know what they want and men that pursue what they want. At least the girls you could do better off with in attracting just might prefer that. Attract them by being you and living life your way.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #10
kalimus

 
kalimus's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US of A
Posts: 1,270
Bad boy image aside, I've only known a handful of women that didn't like to go for a motorcycle ride
__________________
"We have a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem, and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem."

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #11
Zslash28
Jumanji
 
Zslash28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 - AGM - Z/28 - #181 - No A/C
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Joursey
Posts: 315
14 pilot is spot on. Just because you have a bike doesn't change who you are. If your the nice guy, maybe the girls your looking to attract with a bad boy image are not the right women to be chasing. When I met my wife I had a Kawi 636, I took her for rides but it was not the bike or it as a material thing that attracted her. We got married and I moved up to a ZX14, and she could have cared less. Be you, honest, sincere, fun, smile, be consistent, do what you say you'll do, be brave and confident. Look for the women who will compliment you as your team mate in life not a participant to your world.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
YellowCammy


 
YellowCammy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,932
so coming from a girl in her 20's they are cool but I wouldn't be attracted to guy just becuse of the bike. I use to ride dirt bikes actually and I will say bikes are alot of fun! I don't think I could do a street bike though. so many bad/ fatal accidents happen. plus I will not ride on the back of the bike if he wants me to ride with him. now a hot guy in an American classic muscle car is hot. I like the older model muscle cars that sound really mean. and of course the new camaros! can't go wrong there.
__________________
YellowCammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 AM   #13
R1mike
 
R1mike's Avatar
 
Drives: Yamaha R1, Dodge ram 2500 4x4
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 40
I don't think you should get a bike just for attracting women.
R1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
ChevyGirl661
 
ChevyGirl661's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 164
I agree with Mike, but yes, bikes are awesome.

Would be more awesome if it was a Yamaha. Just saying.
ChevyGirl661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #15
R1mike
 
R1mike's Avatar
 
Drives: Yamaha R1, Dodge ram 2500 4x4
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGirl661 View Post
I agree with Mike, but yes, bikes are awesome.

Would be more awesome if it was a Yamaha. Just saying.
:
R1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #16
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1
 
Smoke 'em's Avatar
 
Drives: (-,-)
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 146
I agree with some of the others, don't get it to just get girls. There is much more to riding a bike then just hoping on it and going. As far as taking a course, you have to take the safety course before you even get your license unless part of your bad boy image is driving without one. Lol, jk. Anyway, that is sort of like driver's ed for bikes, just some basic stuff. They offer other courses after that where you get more into really learning how to ride and they make you use your bike for those instead of one they have for you like in the safety class.
Then there is having to deal with the idiots on the road that have no respect for people on motorcycles now a days. I don't care if I offend anyone with what I am about to say so save it and if you are offended then go somewhere else. The reason people don't respect a lot of bikers, namely the ones on sport bikes, is because of the idiots that are driving in between the cars when traffic is backed up or the ones that are weaving in and out of traffic crossing 2 or 3 lanes at one time and cutting people off or riding their asses. Bikes heat up faster than cars so they have to keep moving in traffic but for every 3 that I see go between me and another car, 2 or them are wobbly and almost loose control. I have seen a number of times when they did that and scratched or hit the side of the car and kept going. By the way, that is not legal in Texas not sure about RI. I would always just sit in traffic with everyone else. If it was bad I would just turn my bike off and walk it the couple of feet we moved evey 10 min. I didn't act like an idiot and tried to be as safe as possible everytime I got on my bike.
Then you have the people on cell phones. This is what caused my accident from what I was told. I have been riding bikes of all kinds for about 25 years. Started when I was a kid. So one day I am on my way to work on a beautiful morning. I haven't even gotten on the freeway yet. Just about 3 miles from my house my life was changed forever. All I know is what the police report said " I was running late and I was on my phone, needed to change lanes because I realized I was about to miss my turn, I hear a loud clunk then see a guy laying in the road a few feet away from a motorcycle, I didn't see him". How do you not see a yellow bike, bright yellow helmet and jacket? You just weren't paying attention at all. I have no clue what happened at all. The only things I really remeber is being in the middle of the road, seeing my bike down with one of my boots standing right beside it, calling my wife, a guy putting my gremlin bell beside me, and the ambulance showing up. I remember trying to move out of the road but part of my leg was going one way while the rest of my body was going the other way. The worst thing I remember is my wife screaming and crying in terror when she got there with the kids all crying too. I always wore my helmet and my jacket. They said when everyone got to the scene I did not have my helmet on but could tell I was wearing it. I don't know if someone took it off or if it came off in the accident because apparently I kept passing out. It was fitted properly so I know that was not the issue. First the doctors said I might not make it. After I made it they said I would be paralyzed. After I was able to move everything the next day they said I was lucky. I told them no, I have just been blessed. I had surgery the day I was admitted to the hospital to repair an open femur fracture. The bone broke and went through the back of my leg. They put a rod and pins from my hip down to my knee. I had multiple other fractures in various parts of my body. I had a C1 and C4 fracture in my neck which was just mm away from ending everything. This was in June of last year. I still cannot go back to work yet and probably won't be able to until around the 1st of the year. I just had to have knee surgery in April and I am just starting to be able to bend my leg and walk ok without crutches but I have to use a cane. That was the short version of the injuries. I am not trying to scare you because many people ride bikes and never have an issue. Sometimes you just end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just be careful and do it for the right reasons. There is such an awsome feeling that you get when you are out on the open road and those that don't ride usually don't understand when you try to describe that feeling. Sorry for being so lengthy but I just wanted you to understand the other side of that coin. Be safe and have fun.
__________________
Sometimes we forget.
Have you thanked a soldier lately?

Last edited by Smoke 'em; 06-17-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
URBAN LEGEND

 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1mike View Post
I don't think you should get a bike just for attracting women.
Plus 1.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 BMW M5
URBAN LEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #18
ssrs2lt

 
ssrs2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: too many
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: oh va pa
Posts: 1,675
life is too short to worry what people think.. ride on brother
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #19
MLL67RSSS

 
MLL67RSSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Indy Pace Car
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,230
No. 1 rule and best advice I was ever given: YOU ARE INVISIBLE!

In other words, always be prepared and think ahead what you'll do when the 4-wheelers don't see you. Saved my butt a couple of times.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #20
HookemHorns

 
HookemHorns's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Posts: 823
Don't buy something in hopes of some random female liking it or not. If you seek to please people with what you do or don't do, you will be a very miserable person. Buy what you want and will enjoy and nothing else. Also, most females with any level of maturity don't like to be called chicks.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #21
5ohcamaro
 
5ohcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 157
It's sad that you feel the need to get a bike just to get girls..
5ohcamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #22
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX
 
The Black Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro V6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 142
I agree with many people here. You don't need a bike to get girls. Yeah some guys do or have that mentality but you know what we(speaking a motorcyclist myself) call them?? Squids or Townies.

They're the typical guys that buy a bike to impress people. They cruise up and down the main strip and then go cruise around the local mall looking to pick up girls.

Buy a bike because you want to ride and enjoy the thrill and passion of riding. Buy a bike because you want to break free of the daily grind that cagers get stuck in and enjoy the freedom of what two wheels has to offer.

Whatever you do, don't buy one to impress girls. I'll tell you from experience that those kind of women aren't the ones you are after. They are what they always are, and that's a big waste of time. Nothing more than your run of the mill hood rats that only date guys because of what they drive or ride.

As a motorcyclist of over ten years now, I do my best to distance myself from those kind of riders and those kind of women. Nothing makes me sick quicker than when a squid rolls up next to me when I'm riding to work and tries to act the squid part.

Definition of a squid:

1. Icon riding gear(if they wear gear at all)
2. Usually can be seen wearing, shorts, flip flops, white sunglasses and backwards hats.
3. Chicken strips on their tires three inches wide.
4. Usually rock a Two Bros or Micron exhaust because louder is better and they have to be heard and seen.
5. Can be seen meeting up at the local gas station to coordinate a strategic assault in doing hot laps around the local mall.

Believe me man, you don't want to be associated with those kinds of people. I don't care what people say, that those types of people are good people just wanting to hang out with each other. Believe me their not, they're losers and trendy followers. They don't ride because they have a passion for two wheels. They ride because it gets them attention and that's all they are after. Vain people to the core.

You ride because of the exhilaration that two wheels brings. You constantly apply your skills in an attempt to become the better rider that you can be.

I will say that your choice in a 500cc bike is fantastic. I can't count how many new riders I've run into over my years of riding that have to start on the latest and greatest 600cc or have to have the baddest 1000cc bike on the road.

Start small and then work your way up. Remember riding a bike is completely different than from driving a car. Your level of concentration is higher and has to be because a bike is very unforgiving of mistakes. Learn what it takes to become a better rider. Learn what makes your bike tick and learn what makes you tick. Learn where your limit is at and then push it to become a better rider.

Lastly, take a riders education course if you've never been on a bike. Also get yourself to the track(and I don't mean a drag strip). You'll learn way more in 30 or 40 laps than you ever will riding on the street. Your skills as a rider will increase incredibly at that track. It will also prepare you for what you'll face in the years to come on the public roads.

If you do get a bike, remember keep the rubber side down.
__________________
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller
The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:32 AM   #23
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1
 
Smoke 'em's Avatar
 
Drives: (-,-)
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 146
^^^^^ Very well said ^^^^^
__________________
Sometimes we forget.
Have you thanked a soldier lately?
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:28 AM   #24
Ray_Cam_SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 146
Forget the Bike ...
Way to dangerous.
Women love Money, period.
Work hard, be self employed.
Move or travel to Colombia and Brasil.
Brasilian women bar none the best ...
American women are the worst.
Best of luck ...
Ray_Cam_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #25
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,306
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Females won't suddenly be interested because you have a bike, car, million dollars, or anything else.
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.