Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #251
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm glad you want to see the Camaro name succeed.

I still remember August 27, 2002 at shortly after 9am when I got the call from Ste. Therese Assembly - with the short message:

"........well......it is done. It's over.................."

The last Camaro and Firebird came off the line -- and shortly thereafter the Assembly plant was demolished.

............all those magnificent cars that roared to life..........all those proud men and women who loved their jobs and worked hard to bring you the best Camaros and Firebirds in 35 years..............all gone.

I still get tears in my eyes when I think back to that day. True - I was in a funeral home parking lot burying my favorite uncle who was a mentor to me...but it went far beyond that.......it was like losing a child.

........we'd put "hiatus" in the press release - but there was NO guarantee that the legendary Camaro name would come back.......several of us fought long and hard to get it back........

.....so what I'm saying is that this team bleeds over these wonderful automobiles. We really do, figuratively --

You can be assured that NO decision is made lightly.....not even the most simple decision.

I DO hope you can attend Camaro5Fest for several reasons:

>meet the team
>meet the Moderators

.......and.........

Most importantly - meet the "Camaro Disciples" - 15 men and women from around the U.S and Canada......

......we (Camaro) are the only brand in the world that involves a group of enthusiasts as we develop new Camaro products.

The ONLY one...................and they represent YOU!
Well I wish I was in on the feedback group. I wish I was a decent automobile sketch artist so I could do a respectable job of drawing the images I have in my mind of what I would like to see in the next gen Camaro. I would love to be able to sit down with the Camaro design people and have them translate what I have in my head into an image on paper. I have the greatest respect for the talent and skill it takes to be able to convert a pile of steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic and glass into something as inspiring as an automobile. I wish I could draw better but my pencil sketches just look crude and amateurish to me.

No disrespect to you Scott or anyone else on the team but please make the next gen Camaro look muscular; powerful, strong, eager to run. Please don't turn it into an automotive version of a Japanese anime robot. I don't want Camaros to look like they were designed by Mazda or Toyota. Those are great companies that make great cars but so is GM and the Camaro is such a great American design I just don't want to see its styling become a me-too trendy look.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #252
Quinny

Drives: subaru
Scotty let them have a cry......... the rest of us love the refresh!!!! the 1le's look amazing!
Quinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #253
bumblebeecamaro83

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via AIM to bumblebeecamaro83
I love the refresh.
bumblebeecamaro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #254
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
I guess that the 2014 and 2015 models will be the last of the muscle camaros era. The coming 6th gen will have much brains than muscles.

So the current haters of the 2014 are expected to

Im planning to exchange my 2010 1LT for 2014 SS and keep it even after the 6th gen. I like the 2014 slimmer design
Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #255
nfl46

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
The 2014 arrived yesterday at the dealership where I bought my brand new 2013 a few weeks ago. Now, I'm annoyed because if I waited, I could have at least got a small discount on my 2013. Lol. It's all good though. I was well aware they were coming, just didn't think it would be a few weeks. I wanted the 2013.
nfl46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #256
SinfulCamaro
Sinful Camaro

Drives: BLACK 2010 2SS RS
Does the new 14' include a box of tampons in the glove box? If I worked in the designing department of Chevy I could of done so much better...
Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #257
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/1LE/Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
I actually think the 2014's are a step forward. The 2013's looked like a 4x4, the rear bumper of the Camaro made the dual mode exhaust stick out too much which is ugly in my opinion, the rear bumper looked to small so in certain angles made the 1LE rear tires look horrible. Lastly, the rear spoiler on the 2013 1LE was too small for the car.
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #258
Pewter99

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS RS L99
A little to much grey plastic is the back for my liking. Perhaps it doesn't stand out as much in person. Will take a while to get used to it.

Last edited by Pewter99; 07-27-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #259
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm glad you want to see the Camaro name succeed.

I still remember August 27, 2002 at shortly after 9am when I got the call from Ste. Therese Assembly - with the short message:

"........well......it is done. It's over.................."

The last Camaro and Firebird came off the line -- and shortly thereafter the Assembly plant was demolished.

............all those magnificent cars that roared to life..........all those proud men and women who loved their jobs and worked hard to bring you the best Camaros and Firebirds in 35 years..............all gone.

I still get tears in my eyes when I think back to that day. True - I was in a funeral home parking lot burying my favorite uncle who was a mentor to me...but it went far beyond that.......it was like losing a child.

........we'd put "hiatus" in the press release - but there was NO guarantee that the legendary Camaro name would come back.......several of us fought long and hard to get it back........

.....so what I'm saying is that this team bleeds over these wonderful automobiles. We really do, figuratively --

You can be assured that NO decision is made lightly.....not even the most simple decision.

I DO hope you can attend Camaro5Fest for several reasons:

>meet the team
>meet the Moderators

.......and.........

Most importantly - meet the "Camaro Disciples" - 15 men and women from around the U.S and Canada......

......we (Camaro) are the only brand in the world that involves a group of enthusiasts as we develop new Camaro products.

The ONLY one...................and they represent YOU!
I wish I was able to make it to this years CF. Its already soundings like this year will/is going to be better than last year. I would have loved to meet the moderators and the Camaro disciples especially. Maybe next year, for me.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #260
wkid1le

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I like the 14's new look, just like the Corvette C7, some like it and some do not, its not going to please everyone.
wkid1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #261
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
When I first saw the 2014's I didn't like them. They are growing on me.

I am quite happy with my 2013 1LE though...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #262
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I don't care what anybody thinks about the "ugly" taillights. Ill be picking my ugly taillights tomorrow with a smile on my face
I waited for the 2014s for a reason. Not to mention, I believe the tails resemble the 1st generation. Which happens to be my favorite
Ill see you all tomorrow when I post more pics!
Thank You Cookie Monster Your 2014 Oshawa Build Team sends best regards ! And be sure to post a picture or two !

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #263
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
I can tell you all without a doubt that when we had 6 2014 Camaros at our Meet & Greet back in June that the overwhelming majority thought the 2014 looked good. All I heard was positive comments.

I can also say I wasn't found of the 2014 when I first saw it, but now I love it.

Lastly - ask people with a 93-97 Camaro what they think of the 98-02 Camaro and you'll hear references about catfishes and Chrysler Concordes. It's natural that people who already own a 2010-2013 Camaro are going to be passionate about the look of the car they bought and not like a mid cycle refresh.

But I truly hope the members on this site can suck it up and move on because it's NOT good for the community when people start posting on this site with their 2014 Camaros that they just bought and a bunch of immature people can't stop posting their diarrhea in the threads.

The 2014 taillights are PURE Camaro heritage. I'd invite anyone who doesn't see it to do some research before they say it looks like a Honda Prelude or other vehicle's taillights.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #264
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Thank You Cookie Monster Your 2014 Oshawa Build Team sends best regards ! And be sure to post a picture or two !

Mike Judge
Super60
Hey Mike I haven't seen you on in a while, how's it going up there?
We are still loving our 2012 Convertible you guys built....

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #265
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Well I wish I was in on the feedback group. I wish I was a decent automobile sketch artist so I could do a respectable job of drawing the images I have in my mind of what I would like to see in the next gen Camaro. I would love to be able to sit down with the Camaro design people and have them translate what I have in my head into an image on paper. I have the greatest respect for the talent and skill it takes to be able to convert a pile of steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic and glass into something as inspiring as an automobile. I wish I could draw better but my pencil sketches just look crude and amateurish to me.

No disrespect to you Scott or anyone else on the team but please make the next gen Camaro look muscular; powerful, strong, eager to run. Please don't turn it into an automotive version of a Japanese anime robot. I don't want Camaros to look like they were designed by Mazda or Toyota. Those are great companies that make great cars but so is GM and the Camaro is such a great American design I just don't want to see its styling become a me-too trendy look.

This. So a question to fbodfather, sir. What were your styling que's? Why does everything seem, these days, to be going for a "Euro" look? I love the Camaro because it does NOT look Euro, it looks America. Strong, powerful, muscular....ready to go rip it up.

Not too sure about the '14, definitely unsure about the rear, but I am truly curious as to what influenced you guys.

Thanks.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #266
ExtremeV6

Drives: V6 '12 1LT RS
No HIDs? Meh...
ExtremeV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #267
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeV6 View Post
No HIDs? Meh...
It's still part if the RS package.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #268
5thGenOwner

Drives: 20TEN SS/RS L99 (SIM)
2010-2013

10-13's We got the chiseled, artistic version (see below).
Name:  IMG_0007.JPG
Views: 977
Size:  80.1 KB

While the 14+ get the utilitarian version (see below).

Name:  145.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  195.4 KB

(What did they do to that trunk lid; it grew a cancerous lump!)
Old 07-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #269
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCamaro View Post
Does the new 14' include a box of tampons in the glove box? If I worked in the designing department of Chevy I could of done so much better...
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #270
super60

Well just to add my 2 cents ( not that its worth much ) but I was asked to take a 2014 SS Convertible to the recent Ontario Camaro National's in Niagara Falls Ontario , this was the first showing of the re-fresh here in Canada & I can say without a doubt it was a success .

Lots of interest from all who came to the event and in fact I met quite a few people who after seeing and sitting in the car informed me that this was their next car and they'd be visiting their local Chevrolet dealer to place orders .

The point being , they saw me drive in and right away zeroed in on the fact this was something different , within minutes people were around the car and decisions were made . My experience with the 14 was positive , both here in Oshawa and in Niagara Falls ( lots of thumbs up on the highway )

Lets remember this site is for Camaro enthusiast's , so when 2014 owners come here to proudly show off their new 5thgens , welcome them don't chase them away because a few hate the new re-fresh.

The last thing they want to see is constant negative comments about their Camaros . Everyone works damm hard to help pay for these , and I for one am truly grateful for the continued support you all show GM and Team Camaro .

Mike Judge
Super60
5thgen Camaro
Proudly Built In Oshawa

Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #271
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I don't care what anybody thinks about the "ugly" taillights. Ill be picking my ugly taillights tomorrow with a smile on my face
I waited for the 2014s for a reason. Not to mention, I believe the tails resemble the 1st generation. Which happens to be my favorite
Ill see you all tomorrow when I post more pics!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #272
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
I was sceptical at first, but gotta admit they look great. The whole "It looks like a..." is spoken EVERY time any new car comes out or any changes are made... Take a look on ANY forum for ANY new car or refesh of an existing car and within 3 posts you'll get the "It looks like a..." response. When the new vette was unveiled the same crew hollered that it looked like a .... <--- fill in the blank with Mazda, Ferrari, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, etc... and many even complained that the taillights somehow to them "looked like a Camaro"... Aside from having squarish shape to them, they don't look any more like a Camaro than the new Camaro rear update looks like a Honda. If you want to play the "it looks like a..." game, compare the non-RS taillights on the '14 Camaro to those on a non-RS '69 Camaro. No they don't look the same, but they look every bit as much alike as anything else anyone likes to compare them to.

I still say the "dislike" of the new changes are simply because everyone already owns a 2010-13, so to say they like the '14 is somehow putting their own car down. I wonder how many new '67/'68 owners "hated" when the 1969 model year changes came. I'm also curious if someone who's never owned a 5th gen Camaro will have as much hatred towards the updates as those who already do.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #273
super60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Hey Mike I haven't seen you on in a while, how's it going up there?
We are still loving our 2012 Convertible you guys built....
Angrybird

I'm doing just fine , thank you for asking sir Glad to see your loving your 12 vert , i'm hoping the weather down your way is allowing you lots of top down driving

I'm always somewhat in the background here , I try to welcome new 5thgen owners here and on my FB page . Looking forward to all of the new 14 owners

Work is busy , new Impala is a huge hit I'm sure it will win car of the year ! Enjoy your Camaro my friend and best regards from Oshawa

Mike
Super60

Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #274
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
What does that matter? With no "spin" on peoples comments and "artificial assumptions" there are also "plenty of people" that have not changed there minds and the threads get bombarded with negative feelings towards the "refresh" as well anytime we see pics of it. The comments are quite more then just a handful if you would acknowlege that. I have yet to run into one individual care person or not that likes the 2014 over the exisisting. That speaks volumes and if all those passionate folks are really paying attention and caring what we all think they surely are scratching there heads trying to figure out what we are all talking about.

I am sure they all did not have the opinion or planned strategy of the "give it time" or "wait till you see it" approach to call it a success. I would think making your heart jump at first site would be more of what your shooting for.
It just gets old seeing that repeated over and over again, as if some magical genie is going to tap us on the shoulder and all of the sudden is the must have design we all hoped it would be. I can also design a tail lamp and do the reasearch and be able to tie into many diff brands and years if I find a smiliar line or curve, that is not hard to spin.

That strategy is just sad, along with the "let it work on you stuff", people can work with passion and I respect that but they can also fail after that hard work and have to go back to the drawing board. that is what we have here, just dont propaganda us to death please.

by the way, ive been on this site two years but you can take a look at the garage and realize I kinda have a right to a good chevy opinion, and theres no spin on that brother!

Holy hell, speaking of magical genies, I wish one would take the scary demons out of your mind of people trying to control your thoughts or feed you propaganda! Wow, is that what's got you so riled up? Another self-absorbed idiot. Hey, here are the facts, the refresh is done, you hate it, others hate it, many others love it, and many more are converting as it's hitting the dealerships and they see it in person. These threads are becoming more and more positive for the refresh if you haven't noticed. You remind me of my 9 year old, and he acts just like this when he's been hurt. What hurt you? That there weren't fireworks going off in your brain when you saw the refresh? You gotta get over that buddy. '14 owners are going to join our Camaro ranks and have every right to be proud of their cars. Are you going to be trashing them? I assume you own all those cars so you should be a mature man right? Move on.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #275
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 2014SilveradoCCZ71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
10-13's We got the chiseled, artistic version (see below).
Attachment 537163

While the 14+ get the utilitarian version (see below).

Attachment 537165

(What did they do to that trunk lid; it grew a cancerous lump!)
Is it my eyes or did the trunk opening get wider,and I can't tell for sure maybe it's the silver vs black or the angle of the pics but the silver camaro looks curvier while the black camaro looks flat,I don't think that full width spoiler helps things WDIKT
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote