Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #562
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Can someone find out the color temp of the 14 non-rs lights. Hope they are not as yellow as they used to be.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #563
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2009 Malibu LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I'll raise that and show you the bowtie in the new non-RS headlights

Attachment 539483
Nice little details.....just like on my Malibu!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #564
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
But the Camaro had been out of production for 4 years when the concept was shown, just about anything would have looked good, even if they had brought out the 14 style first.
I just wonder if the 14 style had been on the concept and put into production for 4 years and then they switched to the 10 style if everyone griping now would still be griping?
Coming from a non-Camaro owner from previous years the 2010 spoke to me. Whether or not if they used a 2014 styling remains to be seen if I would have bought one since that isn't the way it happened. But the refresh doesn't speak to me. The same could be said about the 6th Gen I may not like it one bit. So who knows I guess?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #565
BlckOut
mUrDeReD oUt!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I don't see what's particularly European about it. Yes, it can hold a wide European plate (or a tall US plate) but that doesn't make this squarish cavern look "European". To me it just looks big and out of place on an otherwise, nicely scullpted car. The pre-'14 design could be made to hande a wide plate.

This is an example of a nice European rear:
The whole restyling just looks to me as a more euro camaro (the tail lights, weird license plate thing, etc.) Just not my taste is all!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #566
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I know it may not be for everyone, and some opinions may not change, but after seeing a 2LT/RS in person today, any concerns I had about the looks are GONE. The '14 Camaro looks awesome!! It really is true that pictures don't do it justice. Seriously guys, I know it may sound cliche or apologetic, but look at the new '14 in person before judging it.

Even the chrome on the RS front end looks good to me. The car just looks classier to me, but it still looks very Camaro. The tail lights are nowhere near as bad as some pictures might portray. I actually really liked them as soon as I walked up to them, non-RS and RS alike. I was also surprised to see the dual-mode exhaust was an option on an automatic V6 model... I had no idea, but sure enough, it was on this one.

Also, the new color HUD & DIC are sweet! Even on the V6, the DIC has a lap-timer and a G-meter!! There's now a third "performance" menu in the DIC. I'm really curious now to see what the SS HUD/DIC have on them... So psyched to get my 1LE!!!

P.S. The license plate area did not seem that big at all to me. As a matter of fact, it looked no bigger than the area on the '10-'13's... Maybe it was just the layout, but not a problem at all.

Calm down people!! lol

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #567
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
There will be those that were very vocal and hateful towards Chevrolet, the designers, and even Fbodfather that they will never admit in 100 years that it isn't as bad as they thought from just seeing pictures. But that is human nature most people don't like to admit they were wrong even a little bit.

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #568
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
There will be those that were very vocal and hateful towards Chevrolet, the designers, and even Fbodfather that they will never admit in 100 years that it isn't as bad as they thought from just seeing pictures. But that is human nature most people don't like to admit they were wrong even a little bit.
Kind of like the ones that will say they like it now just to fit in right?
I've seen them and they are no long
er tough looking. they have a more euro/ feminine look to them and there is no debating that. I fear that this the wrong path but albeit the path they are taking for the next gen.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #569
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Believe me, when I see it, I will tell it like I see it, if I like it I will say so, when I'm wrong I am man enough to admit it..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #570
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Kind of like the ones that will say they like it now just to fit in right?
I've seen them and they are no long
er tough looking. they have a more euro/ feminine look to them and there is no debating that. I fear that this the wrong path but albeit the path they are taking for the next gen.
So the ones that like it now are just trying to fit in while the ones that still don't like it are telling the truth... Yeah right..,

The Bird is the word!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #571
camguynj

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
If you can't say anything nice, then tell it like it is ... the back looks like the old Honda Prelude ( maybe ricers will start buying them).
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #572
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
If you can't say anything nice, then tell it like it is ... the back looks like the old Honda Prelude ( maybe ricers will start buying them).
If you haven't seen it in person, then I will say, say nothing. It looks nothing like a Honda Prelude. I get the comparisons in pictures, but really, and I can't explain it, but a Prelude was nowhere in my thoughts when I saw the new rear end in person.

I will say this though... It is a different look. I wouldn't say it's less aggressive at all, only in a different way. It does look sleeker (which I personally like). I suppose a way to look at it is like the change from the 3rd gen (boxier, large upper and lower grills) to the 4th gen (sleeker, smoother, rounder, wider). At least that's what I think of. Both looked pretty aggressive in their own way, but I don't think anyone would say either was not a Camaro. The first 5th gens looked a bit more narrow and "fat", whereas the '14 looks much wider and "faster".

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #573
Fourth Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1-5th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I know it may not be for everyone, and some opinions may not change, but after seeing a 2LT/RS in person today, any concerns I had about the looks are GONE. The '14 Camaro looks awesome!! It really is true that pictures don't do it justice. Seriously guys, I know it may sound cliche or apologetic, but look at the new '14 in person before judging it.
Drove by Phillips Chevrolet in Frankfort today.
Saw a 2014 LT sitting next to a '13.

Just a TREMENDOUS improvement.
I think the Camaro finally rivals the Challenger in looks.
Absolutely gorgeous.
The base Camaro is stunning. What a difference from the '80s.
LMFAO.
Fourth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #574
camguynj

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
If you haven't seen it in person, then I will say, say nothing. It looks nothing like a Honda Prelude. I get the comparisons in pictures, but really, and I can't explain it, but a Prelude was nowhere in my thoughts when I saw the new rear end in person.

I will say this though... It is a different look. I wouldn't say it's less aggressive at all, only in a different way. It does look sleeker (which I personally like). I suppose a way to look at it is like the change from the 3rd gen (boxier, large upper and lower grills) to the 4th gen (sleeker, smoother, rounder, wider). At least that's what I think of. Both looked pretty aggressive in their own way, but I don't think anyone would say either was not a Camaro. The first 5th gens looked a bit more narrow and "fat", whereas the '14 looks much wider and "faster".
Nuff said
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #575
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
2014 camaro review... 2 thumbs up a pleasure to drive... no negitive comments about the taillights yet.... lol.... it looks awesome... much better in person than in pics... blue interior was a great choice with the black it goes well with the car....
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
2014v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #576
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014v6 View Post
2014 camaro review... 2 thumbs up a pleasure to drive... no negitive comments about the taillights yet.... lol.... it looks awesome... much better in person than in pics... blue interior was a great choice with the black it goes well with the car....
Congratulations on the new car....

The Bird is the word!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #577
Demon Z/28
Scarecrow

Drives: like a granny
Not much to complain about when the car is in front of you... Real nice car 2014v6!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #578
Marc ss

Drives: Synergy green SS
Which color looks like the burnt orange? Has anybody seen it in person yet? I'm wondering if it looks anything like the burnt orange they put on the corvette? If so it would be awesome!!!

Marc
Marc ss is offline   Reply With Quote