Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
BluePhoenix

 
BluePhoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Rally Yellow/Blk
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post
Anybody know who has the fastest/most powerful camaro in the forum?
And what they have done to the car
My bet is that's a hotly contested race between multiple people, and there is always someone who has a faster car even then.
BluePhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #27
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,574
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

I was just poking the bear. He's 0-2 on the mile runs I believe and that ain't cheap! But looking at it from the other perspective, yeah, my shit has be as reliable as the sun coming up. Lets hope it continues.
Yes true on both counts.... Made 208 at the 3/4 mark but couldn't finish the pass...

It's expensive as hell.... But we'll be back with more power and more reliability... Motor is good, and the new hair dryers will be up to the task.... And yes, Terri has the quickest car.... How quick you can accelerate and how fast you can go are two different things... Going mid sevens at 170 is damn quick... Going 230 from a standing start on an unprepared track with street tires in one mile is a whole different world... That's at least my goal... More than that is a bonus...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #28
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Yes true on both counts.... Made 208 at the 3/4 mark but couldn't finish the pass...

It's expensive as hell.... But we'll be back with more power and more reliability... Motor is good, and the new hair dryers will be up to the task.... And yes, Terri has the quickest car.... How quick you can accelerate and how fast you can go are two different things... Going mid sevens at 170 is damn quick... Going 230 from a standing start on an unprepared track with street tires in one mile is a whole different world... That's at least my goal... More than that is a bonus...
You'd be proud of me today. We were reinstalling the turbo on the GN after getting it back from percision and after it was bolted down the outlet was pointing over the radiator. Figured out all on my own how to clock a turbo and position it where we needed it!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,574
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You'd be proud of me today. We were reinstalling the turbo on the GN after getting it back from percision and after it was bolted down the outlet was pointing over the radiator. Figured out all on my own how to clock a turbo and position it where we needed it!!
Never had a doubt... Very cool....

Did you realign the magruder valve???
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #30
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
My money is still on Darth Emma's car. Even the owned shop cars aren't close.

That dude has some big balls shaking down his ride a day before you leave for the fest!!
If I were a betting man (oh yeah, I am) my cash is on Darth Emma too. I've been waiting for them to shake this car down for two weeks now. We shall see..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #31
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Never had a doubt... Very cool....

Did you realign the magruder valve???
Nah, that's tomorrow. Getting the muffler bearings in took up the rest of the day!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #32
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If I were a betting man (oh yeah, I am) my cash is on Darth Emma too. I've been waiting for them to shake this car down for two weeks now. We shall see..
Fingers are crossed. Hopefully someone brings something for her car. It's already a race for second.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #33
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,574
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Fingers are crossed. Hopefully someone brings something for her car. It's already a race for second.
I'm living proof the race ain't over til it's run.... Gonna be some damn quick cars for sure...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #34
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm living proof the race ain't over til it's run.... Gonna be some damn quick cars for sure...
I wish the rest of those Texas cars were coming back. Some of them were evil. And those guys were cool as hell.

The top half of the unlimited bracket is gonna be all in the 9's. You heard it here first.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #35
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA
 
daveagogo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 6,628
Since the title doesn't say street legal or even production. I will put my cash down on Diamond Mikes body in white even against a COPO lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Fast cars have rubber on the quarter panels...you sissies need to knock it off.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #36
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I wish the rest of those Texas cars were coming back. Some of them were evil. And those guys were cool as hell.

The top half of the unlimited bracket is gonna be all in the 9's. You heard it here first.
I'm coming back...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #37
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm coming back...

To hand me a trophy!! Yes, we need you for that. Surely not for your drag racing prowess.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #38
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,561
Best thread in a while!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #39
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
To hand me a trophy!! Yes, we need you for that. Surely not for your drag racing prowess.
I sure hope so...and the Trophies are super cool too. I really have no reason to drag race this year.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #40
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I sure hope so...and the Trophies are super cool too. I really have no reason to drag race this year.
Do we have any trophies that are retroactive to say 2013?


I meant 2012, doh!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #41
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,574
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Best thread in a while!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Pm sent...

Top half In the nines, how cool is that....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Do we have any trophies that are retroactive to say 2013?
You know that's not a bad idea.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #43
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You know that's not a bad idea.
I'd donate my 2 bills back in a heartbeat!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #44
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

The top half of the unlimited bracket is gonna be all in the 9's. You heard it here first.
Man I wanna go to the fest . Put me in the 12s bracket.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #45
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Man I wanna go to the fest . Put me in the 12s bracket.
Get in your car and drive there. How can you not get a Friday off. Call in sick.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #46
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 3,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I wish the rest of those Texas cars were coming back. Some of them were evil. And those guys were cool as hell.

The top half of the unlimited bracket is gonna be all in the 9's. You heard it here first.
What ever!
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #47
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
What ever!
What?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #48
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,492
Speedster.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #49
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Speedster.
Man I would love to see that.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #50
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Get in your car and drive there. How can you not get a Friday off. Call in sick.
Already burned a whole bunch of days this year so far and I gotta be somewhere that weekend. Have fun man. I really don't think i'd want to drive it that far away. Between the 9" and the cam its not a pleasure in any sort of traffic.

I think I roasted the clutch this weekend it just couldn't take the power anymore and let go.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.