Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #26
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
I love my ID850 injectors. I was using the LS9 injectors at first but when I saw my pressure dropping and the injectors were near maxed out, I knew I wasn't far from a disaster.

In all honesty you can get away with pressure trailing off a little if the injectors are oversize, and you can get away with injectors running near max if your fuel system keeps the pressure up, but being borderline with both is playing with fire.

500 to 550 rwhp through the auto is no slouch. If you just put in a BAP then make sure you datalog and watch pressure and injector duty cycle closely. I think your injectors and your fuel supply will both be about maxed out.

IMO I would at least do the ZL1/ADM combo. ID 850 injectors would be next. Maybe not a necessity at this point but the LS9's will be up in duty cycle and leave no safety margin. MSD can always be added in the future. I know it isn't cheap but you are likely not far from being maxed out already.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 14 psi, Water/Meth, Wideband with Firewire to SCT, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. Details in Garage. I hack it up, Ted tunes it in.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #27
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0617 View Post
I love my ID850 injectors. I was using the LS9 injectors at first but when I saw my pressure dropping and the injectors were near maxed out, I knew I wasn't far from a disaster.

In all honesty you can get away with pressure trailing off a little if the injectors are oversize, and you can get away with injectors running near max if your fuel system keeps the pressure up, but being borderline with both is playing with fire.

500 to 550 rwhp through the auto is no slouch. If you just put in a BAP then make sure you datalog and watch pressure and injector duty cycle closely. I think your injectors and your fuel supply will both be about maxed out.

IMO I would at least do the ZL1/ADM combo. ID 850 injectors would be next. Maybe not a necessity at this point but the LS9's will be up in duty cycle and leave no safety margin. MSD can always be added in the future. I know it isn't cheap but you are likely not far from being maxed out already.
Ok, thanks man. I appreciate the advice.
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #28
bmbbl be

Drives: camaro ss 2013-street glide
I have 60# injectors 3.6 pulley with just ZL1 fuel pump and 586 rwhp,,, all is ok,,,
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #29
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
I have 60# injectors 3.6 pulley with just ZL1 fuel pump and 586 rwhp,,, all is ok,,,
Do you happen to have a log of a quarter mile WOT run logging injector duty cycle, fuel pressure, and AFR? If you don't, all might not be ok!
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #30
bmbbl be

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
Do you happen to have a log of a quarter mile WOT run logging injector duty cycle, fuel pressure, and AFR? If you don't, all might not be ok!
never have raced it 1/4 mile,,, but it was tuned and built by livernois motorsports.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #31
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
A drag strip is the only legal and safe place to do a sustained WOT pull. I suggest that you go to a test N tune day at a track. You do not need to "race" anyone, just make a couple of passes (even solo) and log the injector duty cycle and fuel pressure. It would also be nice to see your shift points, timing, boost, and iat. I'm not implying that you ever do any WOT driving off track, but the power plant does not know if the car is on the highway or the track. It can also be damaged on the street if it leans out due to insufficient fuel during WOT.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
bmbbl be

thanks for your suggestion,,,,but the way my car is driven I don't see a need to go through all that,,, i'll trust the tune that dan millen put in my car... livernois does extensive tuning and driving of your car while its at there facility.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #33
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
Without a ADM FPCM the ZL1 pump doesn't do alot more than the stock pump. Ill bet your pressure is dropping towards the top of each gear. OK if the injectors are big enough. 60's aren't bad. But for the OP, no sense in upgrading to just 60's.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 14 psi, Water/Meth, Wideband with Firewire to SCT, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. Details in Garage. I hack it up, Ted tunes it in.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
bmbbl be

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0617 View Post
Without a ADM FPCM the ZL1 pump doesn't do alot more than the stock pump. Ill bet your pressure is dropping towards the top of each gear. OK if the injectors are big enough. 60's aren't bad. But for the OP, no sense in upgrading to just 60's.
I trust what livernois motorsports did on my car,,, it runs strong, but honestly on the street the power is unusable...

Last edited by bmbbl be; 07-31-2013 at 05:54 PM.