Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

USA - Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #351
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbeth View Post
Even better, put the tanning bed outside and turn it on. The snow will melt just fine. Let's get our priorities right here, people!

omg you guys are great! so we found her, all pretty and shiny! Well, HE found her anyways, pushed all the snow off so i didnt have to. But I refuse to put her on the road! His truck, 4x4, will be doing the running around.

looking forward to this hampton roads meet, whenever details get worked out!
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #352
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
hey snoop, what intake you getting? i just had a meet with some guys and im trying to decide between the CAI and ADM intakes
Either Roto-Fab or CAI...but I need to get one that can mount to the S/C when I get it this summer ... I need to make a decision because I will be ordering this week since mommy nature put Misty on punishment and confined her to the garage and that give me time to put it all on and be ready for the next drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbeth View Post
Even better, put the tanning bed outside and turn it on. The snow will melt just fine. Let's get our priorities right here, people!
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #353
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
so hub and I have been discussing putting a cat back on my blue devil ( devious to the state of va's dmv).... anyone got suggestions? I found a nice one for just under 7 bills... not including o2 sensor swap...
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #354
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
so hub and I have been discussing putting a cat back on my blue devil ( devious to the state of va's dmv).... anyone got suggestions? I found a nice one for just under 7 bills... not including o2 sensor swap...
I dont think you need a O2 sensor swap for a cat back exhaust....but it maybe different for the V6....

What or shall I say who makes exhaust you getting for under 7 bills?

Lucky you dont live in NoVA, gotta do a damn emmissions test...thats why I still got my car regestered in Portsmouth lol ... so its gonna be long tubes with hi flo cats for me
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #355
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
I dont think you need a O2 sensor swap for a cat back exhaust....but it maybe different for the V6....

What or shall I say who makes exhaust you getting for under 7 bills?

Lucky you dont live in NoVA, gotta do a damn emmissions test...thats why I still got my car regestered in Portsmouth lol ... so its gonna be long tubes with hi flo cats for me

its a magnaflow I found .. this is the second site I have seen a price under 7 bills:
http://www.usmusclemods.com/magnaflow-camaro

I know on my charger we put on a dual cat back and the check engine light came on. Mechanic said it was the o2 sensor but not to worry about it. I just dont want my check engine light on for something that is a easy fix.

I get crap for buyin a v6, but hell.. with more v8s being made than v6's... why not deck her out?
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #356
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
its a magnaflow I found .. this is the second site I have seen a price under 7 bills:
http://www.usmusclemods.com/magnaflow-camaro

I know on my charger we put on a dual cat back and the check engine light came on. Mechanic said it was the o2 sensor but not to worry about it. I just dont want my check engine light on for something that is a easy fix.

I get crap for buyin a v6, but hell.. with more v8s being made than v6's... why not deck her out?
Well I maybe wrong but I havent seen people complain about the check engine light coming on after a cat back install...mostly coming from the headers and hi flow cats most people be getting the check engine indicator ...from what i been reading on the forums ...like i said I could be wrong....and V6 or V8.....you got a 5th Gen!!!

And you're in the Navy???
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #357
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
lol yeah, going on 11 years active! and I own my own tanning salon (hence the bed in the garage, saves the hours on the beds that the customers use) i try to stay busy!
so I wanna make my blue devil the hottest 2lt on the base!
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #358
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
lol yeah, going on 11 years active! and I own my own tanning salon (hence the bed in the garage, saves the hours on the beds that the customers use) i try to stay busy!
so I wanna make my blue devil the hottest 2lt on the base!
Awesome...thank you for serving!!! Im a 19 year Army vet...I hit 20 this summer

Well you going the right way with the mods...make that V6 hooott...sizzle sizzle!!!
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #359
SumToyRacing
 
SumToyRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: Red 2010 LT1 RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Awesome...thank you for serving!!! Im a 19 year Army vet...I hit 20 this summer

Well you going the right way with the mods...make that V6 hooott...sizzle sizzle!!!
I can't wait for the spring to get to work on my mods. I'm going with the AirRaid CAI, and then get my exhaust done by the same guy that hooked up my Gen-2 drag car. And then finishing it up with some white retro hockey stick stripes.

Should make it so I have the hottest LT here at Pax Naval Air Station
__________________

Mine [8/10/2009] - 1LT RS / Victory Red / Black Interior
SumToyRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #360
devildoc

 
devildoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 1,278
Saw a CGM SS today at 1530 coming from the Ft Eustis base location.
__________________
STANDING 1/4MI: 13.948@99.87
6600RPM HP/TQ Gains - 30.54HP/24.3TQ (NOT PEAK)
devildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #361
RoyalKev

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Saw a CGM SS today at 1530 coming from the Ft Eustis base location.
Not me but I do want your tires lol.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #362
volboy23
 
volboy23's Avatar
 
Drives: an SS.....
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: virginia
Posts: 723
Saw a CGM coming down Rt. 1 tonight in Lorton.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #363
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by volboy23 View Post
Saw a CGM coming down Rt. 1 tonight in Lorton.
I think i seen that same on in Lorton area...did it have NC plates? SS/RS?
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #364
Ntimad8rs
 
Drives: 2SS/RS 6M ABM & GMC 2500HD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 49
Keeping her inside

Spotted a yellow C5 at the Port Tobacco post office VA "chief", parked there on 1/30 and 31. I have been keeping the lady in the garage and taking my truck out in this nastiness. At this rate it will be at least a week before I can bring her back out! It will feel great...like having a new car. WooHoo!!!
Ntimad8rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #365
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged
 
Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Well I maybe wrong but I havent seen people complain about the check engine light coming on after a cat back install...mostly coming from the headers and hi flow cats most people be getting the check engine indicator ...from what i been reading on the forums ...like i said I could be wrong....and V6 or V8.....you got a 5th Gen!!!

And you're in the Navy???
Yep, you are right. No new sensor needed. no check engine light (V8). I was told by dealer (Tom Henry) headers would cause check engine light due to increased outflow and re-programming would void warranty. So, no headers for now. Catback sounds good enough!
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #366
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Awesome...thank you for serving!!! Im a 19 year Army vet...I hit 20 this summer

Well you going the right way with the mods...make that V6 hooott...sizzle sizzle!!!

I've found a few sites that offer the magnaflow reduced to under $7 so now I am saving! This spring we are adding spear stripes on the hood..

and THANK YOU for serving as well!
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #367
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485
 
Top Thrill's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
so hub and I have been discussing putting a cat back on my blue devil ( devious to the state of va's dmv).... anyone got suggestions? I found a nice one for just under 7 bills... not including o2 sensor swap...
I got the SOLO Mach XL exhaust on mine and I love it. I think you hava an auto trans right? If so you would need the Mach XLT. No O2 sensor swap. No check engine light.
__________________
Top Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #368
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?
 
Rafsanjani's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 574
CGM in Lansdowne, VA parked outside of 'Not Your Average Joe's" restaurant. About 8pm.
__________________
2013 SW ZL1
Rafsanjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #369
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Thrill View Post
I got the SOLO Mach XL exhaust on mine and I love it. I think you hava an auto trans right? If so you would need the Mach XLT. No O2 sensor swap. No check engine light.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #370
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbeth View Post
Yep, you are right. No new sensor needed. no check engine light (V8). I was told by dealer (Tom Henry) headers would cause check engine light due to increased outflow and re-programming would void warranty. So, no headers for now. Catback sounds good enough!

okay.. there is this kid who works for me, says he is admin for a honda forum yet he drives a jeep... anyways.. he swears if I swapp the headers it cant void the warrenty due to some federal law .. this is the link he provided me.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...2e5f7af00292aa

ideas? thoughts? come backs?
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #371
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485
 
Top Thrill's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbeth View Post
Yep, you are right. No new sensor needed. no check engine light (V8). I was told by dealer (Tom Henry) headers would cause check engine light due to increased outflow and re-programming would void warranty. So, no headers for now. Catback sounds good enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
okay.. there is this kid who works for me, says he is admin for a honda forum yet he drives a jeep... anyways.. he swears if I swapp the headers it cant void the warrenty due to some federal law ..
ideas? thoughts? come backs?
He is right. The dealer or GM would need to prove the the mod you made is what caused the problem to not cover it under warrenty. In the case you quoted the computer was reprogramed and this would void the warranty on the computer. This is also a V8 car.
__________________
Top Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #372
devildoc

 
devildoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 1,278
RJT LT RS spotted at Ft Eustis Commissary this afternoon.
__________________
STANDING 1/4MI: 13.948@99.87
6600RPM HP/TQ Gains - 30.54HP/24.3TQ (NOT PEAK)
devildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #373
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
spotted a sim lt going down kempsville road and a orange lt in the las gaviotas shopping center yesterday.
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #374
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,617
I know it wasnt me lol
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #375
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN
 
scruffyluv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 930
I think the guy with the IOM lives in the neigborhood behind my salon. I saw him twice driving through the parking lot yestserday.
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL COLOR (and interior) Threads of all Camaro production colors Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 129 03-29-2014 09:52 PM
>> OFFICIAL Delivered Camaros (& happy owners) thread << Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1082 09-25-2010 11:58 AM
The official “I saw Transformers the movie” thread frodo Off-topic Discussions 60 07-26-2010 07:25 PM
prices thread nimnels 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 05-02-2009 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.