Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #101
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
this is absolutely the best thread ever made
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #102
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: EMB 135/140/145+2010 IBM 2SS
Update on my Trumpet project......my heart wasn't in the trumpet, so I picked up a used bassoon...it will look awesome mounted in my trunk once I get it back from being painted. Anyone have any contacts for custom made carbon fiber mounts with some titanium infused in the structure for strength.....I really want to dress it up....price is no object.

I'm also in need of some bassoon lessons....the theme from Rocky was cool on the trumpet, but I need to expand my horizons and branch out to other music....I'd like to master the Theme music from "Survivor", and maybe the overture of 1812.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #103
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Update on my Trumpet project......my heart wasn't in the trumpet, so I picked up a used bassoon...it will look awesome mounted in my trunk once I get it back from being painted. Anyone have any contacts for custom made carbon fiber mounts with some titanium infused in the structure for strength.....I really want to dress it up....price is no object.

I'm also in need of some bassoon lessons....the theme from Rocky was cool on the trumpet, but I need to expand my horizons and branch out to other music....I'd like to master the Theme music from "Survivor", and maybe the overture of 1812.

gotta use adamantium fool........

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #104
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Someone high on drugs won't even feel the pepper spray or sometimes even a Tazer, or being shot several times, ever watch Cops or those police video shows when they try to subdue someone on Drugs?
Yea I know. Nothing you can do about them.

But a taser only stops people while the tase is happening. A stun gun is useless. Taser will stop a person as its going off - no damn doubt! As long as the prongs make proper contact.

Most people are sensitive to pepper spray and it lasts much much longer. Granted some people like myself it doesn't disable. As my eye dr said my eyes are "desensitized" so it didn't bother me. Makes my face hot lol but wouldn't take me out of the fight.

Taser would bring me down but you better keep hitting that trigger until it wears me out or someone can cuff me.

That being said I'd only use pepper spray to move crowds. It's amazing at doing that. Otherwise I'm hands on or taser. Difference is I can cuff them right after the tazing.

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #105
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Im down with the bassoon... awesome switch hammering out the Rocky theme via bassoon says sweet . A color coordinated instrument, car, and drivers suite rules
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #106
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS

I'm going to post a new thread in DIY for the finished version because I worked pretty hard on this and I'd rather it not be belittled by EMB135Driver obsession with musical instruments that clearly wouldn't fit in that space, or political discussion about gun laws.
2013 2LT/RS V6 Manual 6-Speed w/ Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Drake Bowtie Delete, SJM Autoprod Dash ABL kit, Side Marker Tint, Reverse Light Tint, Window Tint

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #107
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
this is absolutely the best thread ever made
+1
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, RX Catch Can, GM Dual mode NPP Exhaust System, 1LE Strut Brace, SS Brembo Brakes w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines, DOT4 Motul, 1LE Suspension Upgrade, 1" Eibach lowering springs.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9(front) 20x10(rear), Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285 (front) x 305 (rear), ACS T-5 Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Rear Bowtie, rk sport spoiler.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box, ID 5 Channel Amp, Audio Control LC 6, Morel 6.5" Coax Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #108
aggieguy13

1 well placed round is all it takes. Sig Saur p220 Combat w/ 5" Threaded Barrel
Attached Images

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #109
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Why threaded hahaha
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #110
cybergrayls3

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs..m6..CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
Just got off the phone with the sheriffs office, totally legal in South Carolina
I will post photos later in the day
i was about to say man..south carolina is pretty much like north carolina..and everybody here in NC rides around with all kinds of guns in the car..no lie...plenty of trucks with gun racks in the back window...if they can get away with that then im sure a bat will not raise a single flag..i have a concealed carry permit so it doesent seem weird to have a gun in my car, so i would have never even second guessed a bat...who originally told you it was illegal??
-CAI cold air intake (black)/Apex scoop
-LSR shifter
-Rick Crawford intake manifold
-Monster level 3 clutch
cybergrayls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #111
aggieguy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Why threaded hahaha
because its only like $100 more than non. and i plan on getting tax stamp and a suppressor

Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #112
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
SIG`s are very sweet! I wouldn't part with my P239 .
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #113
aggieguy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65TIMM View Post
SIG`s are very sweet! I wouldn't part with my P239 .
We have 60+ guns and it is my favorite. Granted you pay for the quality you get mine was $1400. But it is the smoothest firing most reliable gun I have ever handled. I love it. Even being a 45 shoots smoother than just about any .22

Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #114
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

caught this on Fb, is this yours, Gaahdoosh?
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #115
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Contact the LEO in your area and ask for a detailed description of the concealed carry laws in your state.

Some states consider a Bat a weapon and as such would be covered under the concealed carry laws in your state.

I can tell you that many states are different. Contact you LEO and find out the law or you may be in serious trouble. Follow the law to the letter or pay the consequences.

Personally, this sounds like a really bad idea. What purpose does the bat in the trunk serve? You say its just for show..... What does that mean?? Are you going to present it and hope it scares off any trouble facing you? I can tell you that's a bad idea. If you HAVE to prevent a weapon to protect yourself, it had damn well better be the last ditch effort to avoid trouble and in that case, if you do have to present a weapon for protection, you damn well be ready to use and and know how to use it in a legal and responsible manner.

My business is in the firearm industry, there is no FOR SHOW when talking about a weapon for your protection. Does not matter if its a bat or a legally carried firearm, if the time comes, GOD FORBID that you need this type of protection, you better know three things:

1. The law concerning protecting your self from harm.
2. How to use the weapon of choice.
3. How to be responsible carrying a weapon for self protection.

In the case of #3, you should never present a weapon unless you know that its your last choice to protect yourself and you have only one intent for that weapon at that time, to protect your life by possibly taking anothers.

It should never be FOR SHOW, EVER!!!

Nuff of my rant, if you want to show off your car, get some upgrades and mods. If you want to get a weapon for serious self protection, find out the law and do it responsibly. Just for show will get you or someone else hurt really bad!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #116
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by htoniv View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

caught this on Fb, is this yours, Gaahdoosh?
Yup that's mine, seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback over there
2013 2LT/RS V6 Manual 6-Speed w/ Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Drake Bowtie Delete, SJM Autoprod Dash ABL kit, Side Marker Tint, Reverse Light Tint, Window Tint

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #117
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I don't know why it would be a problem. You are allowed to keep an unloaded shot gun in your trunk, why would a bat be an issue. Just tell them it's a conversation piece.
Who said it had to be unloaded?

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #118
5thGenOwner

Drives: 20TEN SS/RS L99 (SIM)

Name:  mythbusters.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  47.1 KB

link: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...e-a-collision/
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #119
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb040 View Post
won't the bat crap all over the inside of you trunk.....lol
Lmfao
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #120
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Nice.

2013 BRM 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter

EastWood-SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 PM   #121
UnEasy Rider

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
I'm staying out of this one because I'm not from here and gun rights are clearly a hot topic. I'll be posting photos of the finished product for further criticism

Didn't you start this ridiculousness?

Mount your bat, or old bat, or any friggin' bat you want.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #122
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE / 2007 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post

It would be cool if you hooked up some sort of air system to your bassoon and maybe play it at stop lights and have old lady's out there doing the polka
Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #123
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnEasy Rider View Post
Didn't you start this ridiculousness?

Mount your bat, or old bat, or any friggin' bat you want.

Uhhh... no, he didn't "start this ridiculousness", the angry mob mentality that's so pervasive in this sub forum started the ridiculousness. Know what I mean? And yeah, he DID mount his bat.

Very creative GAHDOOSH. Have fun with it.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #124
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileycoyote View Post
It would be cool if you hooked up some sort of air system to your bassoon and maybe play it at stop lights and have old lady's out there doing the polka
Now that you have said this.....there is only one true answer......

If you are going to mount something in your trunk....make it count!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #125
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Now that you have said this.....there is only one true answer......

If you are going to mount something in your trunk....make it count!
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote