Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Jonzmaro
 
Jonzmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Potomac Falls VA
Posts: 111
Love when a vendor treats you like a 4 year old - EPCO shifter knobs - SUCK

Posted a week or so back looking for suggestions for a knob for my '13 RS. Ended up ordering from EPCO - ivory ball, with boot adapter, universal non-thread adapter.

1) the ball they sent is a cheap POS, weighs less than the stock knob, completely hollow with a glued-in sheath, and three set screws

2) the boot retainer DOES NOT FIT over the shaft, not even close.

3)2 of the 3 plastic sleeves ($7 up-charge) do not fit, the 3rd can be crammed on....only to find out once on, the ball does not fit over the sheath!! Ridiculous!

TOTAL FAIL

What do I get when I inform them? The patronizing "we have not had any such feedback from any other...yada, yada, and a request that I photo document my shifter.

Are you kidding me? First, I wasted my time trying to install, only to have to put back to stock. (hey, only 15 minutes, but it was MY 15 minutes) IMO, if a customer e-mails a detailed description, explaining how a simple piece of metal and plastic simply do not slide over a shaft....done deal. Wrong parts sent. You send the CORRECT parts out the next day, no questions asked.
They told me one of their "tech" people would call....ummm, that was two days ago.

What do you guys think I should do? I'm pissed. Looks like they 3rd party these orders through another co. Parrella. It is obvious: either they never checked the order, or worse: they are sending out incorrect parts for this application. I told them twice what year/tranny/model I have. As my 7 year old son would, and did say...."EPIC FAIL DAD".
__________________
2013 Black RS - M6 - Elite CC - K&N Typhoon Intake
Jonzmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #2
mc_acoustic

 
Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzmaro View Post
Posted a week or so back looking for suggestions for a knob for my '13 RS. Ended up ordering from EPCO - ivory ball, with boot adapter, universal non-thread adapter.

1) the ball they sent is a cheap POS, weighs less than the stock knob, completely hollow with a glued-in sheath, and three set screws

2) the boot retainer DOES NOT FIT over the shaft, not even close.

3)2 of the 3 plastic sleeves ($7 up-charge) do not fit, the 3rd can be crammed on....only to find out once on, the ball does not fit over the sheath!! Ridiculous!

TOTAL FAIL

What do I get when I inform them? The patronizing "we have not had any such feedback from any other...yada, yada, and a request that I photo document my shifter.

Are you kidding me? First, I wasted my time trying to install, only to have to put back to stock. (hey, only 15 minutes, but it was MY 15 minutes) IMO, if a customer e-mails a detailed description, explaining how a simple piece of metal and plastic simply do not slide over a shaft....done deal. Wrong parts sent. You send the CORRECT parts out the next day, no questions asked.
They told me one of their "tech" people would call....ummm, that was two days ago.

What do you guys think I should do? I'm pissed. Looks like they 3rd party these orders through another co. Parrella. It is obvious: either they never checked the order, or worse: they are sending out incorrect parts for this application. I told them twice what year/tranny/model I have. As my 7 year old son would, and did say...."EPIC FAIL DAD".

__________________
2010 Camaro Synergy Green Edition V6/A6: Cold Air Inductions Intake, Trifecta tune, BBK long tube headers and Hi flow cats, MRT V1, Ported Throttle Body, Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold (MACE), Black Ice-olator Intake Manifold Spacer, Plenum Spacer, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous.
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Jonzmaro
 
Jonzmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Potomac Falls VA
Posts: 111
OK MC, I'll get my film crew right on documenting the ever fascinating and uber-complex example of parts that DO NOT FIT over the shifter shaft they are supposed to fit over!!...lol

Stay tuned.....
__________________
2013 Black RS - M6 - Elite CC - K&N Typhoon Intake
Jonzmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!
 
Blk-Ice's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk 2SS with Gun metal Gray Stripes
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern VA & NC
Posts: 1,774
Send the Crap Back for a refund!
__________________
"Life is a warzone...Adapt, Evolve, Never surrender!"
Fear the LMR Twisted Reaper Brotherhood!

Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
jrisebo
 
jrisebo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dayton
Posts: 478
I would send it back. If a company densest stand behind their product, I don't want it.
__________________
jrisebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Chris-10
Tri-County Camaro Tampa
 
Chris-10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Port Richey,fl
Posts: 2,647
I had to file mine down to get it to slide onto the shaft. I called and complained, they said they would send another adaptor which they did but I made the first one fit. Took about 30minutes to file it down with a rat tail file.
Other than that I'm happy with it.
__________________
My build thread.click the pic. COTW 10/24/11
Chris-10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Jonzmaro
 
Jonzmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Potomac Falls VA
Posts: 111
They sent a UPS label for return. Chris.....interesting.
It is just silly to send stuff without fully qualifying the parts, which crazy as it sounds, seems to be what they are doing. They suggested after evaluating my info. that I "seek a threaded adapter solution". OK, that would have been a good thing to suggest before sending me the order.
Anyway, I will return, and I am sure they will refund 100%.

Kind of a bummer though, no big deal, but back where I started with the stock shifter. I wish Chevy would have just used an old fashioned screw-on.
__________________
2013 Black RS - M6 - Elite CC - K&N Typhoon Intake
Jonzmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,073
I have use EPCO for MANY years.....and have ALWAYS gotten a superior product. BUT based on your description (its got set screws to hold it on) you ordered one of their off the shelf universal knobs....not the thing to do. have them make a custom knob that is made for the exact size (thread size) of your shaft and it will fit perfect. There is a section of their site to custom order, and its easy to do, and isn't any more expensive.

http://www.epcoshiftknobs.com/index.html
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
mc_acoustic

 
Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzmaro View Post
OK MC, I'll get my film crew right on documenting the ever fascinating and uber-complex example of parts that DO NOT FIT over the shifter shaft they are supposed to fit over!!...lol

Stay tuned.....
Sorry I didn't mean and disrespect, I thought you said you DID get it on but it just looked like crap.

That being said, you dont need a film crew. Cell phones are good enough
__________________
2010 Camaro Synergy Green Edition V6/A6: Cold Air Inductions Intake, Trifecta tune, BBK long tube headers and Hi flow cats, MRT V1, Ported Throttle Body, Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold (MACE), Black Ice-olator Intake Manifold Spacer, Plenum Spacer, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous.
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Ject
aka Patrick
 
Ject's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Derby Kansas
Posts: 3,096
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
I can understand them wanting photo documentation. I always take a picture if something isn't right so they can see exactly what Issue I have.. It is common practice if you buy something and it doesn't work as advertised to show them.

On the other hand.. hopefully you get the problem resolved.
__________________
Current Modifications: Your average Bolt-ons & Suspension Upgrades
GForce Engineering: 9" Rear End, Strange Pro Iron Case w/Moser Nodular 3.70:1 Detroit locker, 3.5" Solid Drive Shaft
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
EPCOmfg
 
Drives: 1997 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Medway, MA
Posts: 1
As a representative/employee of EPCO Mfg, INC, the shift knob manufacturer that Jonzmaro is referring to, I feel it is necessary to respond to this thread. EPCO has been a US manufacturer for over 60 years. EPCO takes great pride in supplying many OEM’s and retail customers with the highest quality shift knobs available. Our engineering department faces the daily challenge of keeping up-to-date with the ever-changing specs of the automobile manufacturers: thread size changes, design changes, etc. Unfortunately, this was the situation with Jonzmaro. GM changed the shifter design so our 2010-2012 boot retainer would no longer work on the 2013 model.
Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. When Jonzmaro emailed to explain his situation, we politely asked him to shoot a picture with his phone to help us understand the issue. When he refused, we kindly asked him to return his order for a full refund, including shipping. Well, he got his refund, and we are not sure what else we could have done for him!
Meanwhile, we will be coming out soon with a knob for the 2013 Camaro that will have a factory fit including a boot retainer. Thank you to our future and current customers, and especially to our long time customer that brought this thread to our attention. Great forum! Keep up the good work!
EPCOmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
jrisebo
 
jrisebo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dayton
Posts: 478
Thanks for the explanation EPCOmfg, sometimes customers can 'glorify' the story when things go wrong.
__________________
jrisebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Rabamaro
 
Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Prairieville, LA
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
Thanks for the explanation EPCOmfg, sometimes customers can 'glorify' the story when things go wrong.
I had a great experience with EPCO. After the original knob I purchased looked nothing like the color on their website, they offered to custom make one to match my car for free. I returned the first one, sent a pic of my car, and two weeks later had the new one.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, Night Fury cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune, 498 whp/470 tq
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.